1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Omer Asik Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Franchize, Nov 15, 2013.

1. vcchlw

vcchlw Member

Thanks Omer for unleashing DMO!

1 person likes this.
  2. Chris Jent MVP

The main weakness with TT is that Asik can't even finish a wide open layup. He gets no defensive attention whatsoever.

3. Chris Jent MVP

EXACTLY. There is no one else in the world who is more responsible for the current situation, than Omer Asik himself.

AOF need to stop blaming Morey and Mchale and other rockets players. Asik doesn't give the effort to stay on the floor, and he doesn't have the skill to warrant trade demands. He's a punk. That's all it is.

4. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

The Rockets took a chance on him that he could start when no one else in the league incl. the Bulls thought he should.

He didn't mind lower minutes but he did mind losing the starting gig. I soured on him quickly. We can replace him.

1 person likes this.
  5. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

As much as I dislike the situation Asik is not a punk but not a pure professional either. Disgruntled kid.

6. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

You do realize that Howard was PF in the TT set right? If anything, it's Howard who needs to develop a jump shot.

The TT is the only way Asik could have gotten minutes. Why would he not be motivated to make it work? That's the ONLY way he could have fought for his play time. You are being unrealistic if you think Asik could get much PT without the TT just by playing hard. I asked you, do you expect Howard to play less than 30 minutes if Asik "fight" successfully? He lost motivation AFTER they went away from the TT.

7. YallMean

YallMean Member

Asik is hurting our trade. Rot him on the bench. It's still early in the season. Lets wait till the trade deadline. DMO and tj are holding it up well so far.

8. YallMean

YallMean Member

Unhappy, I can understand. But demand a trade? Where is his professionalism? Some of you is really twisting it hard for him.

9. Gday

Gday Member

It is mental on here isn't it. Management doesn't play him & he is the one refusing to play. :rolleyes:
    Requests a trade due to being a bad fit for the team & on CF he is DEMANDING to be traded.
    Also the misconception that his request almost halves his trade value. LOL

10. Lateralus

Lateralus Member

Lettuce appreciate all the dropped balls, the missed layups, the missed dunks, the slo-mo moves that led to missed layups/dunks...and did I mention point blank, with no defense layups/dunks misses.

11. sleepyazn

sleepyazn Member

Thank you Asik for making Lin and Harden each average like 1-2 more TO a game by force feeding you the ball so you can score a paltry 10 points a game. Thank you for not being a team player and completely giving up on this organization just because they got someone better then you. Enjoy your career because no other team will ever try and get you the ball more then the Rockets did last year. We also enjoyed your daily ballerina performances when you tried to put the ball in the basket, it was hilarious.

12. dxdx

dxdx Member

AOF is a new term for me. Seems like people are out to polarise the Rockets fan base nowadays huh.

13. Franchize

Franchize Member

You guys make me feel ashamed to be a Rockets fan

14. DreamRoxCoogFan

I'm upset with the situation too, and I wish it could have worked out. But I refuse to turn on him so quickly. He worked hard for us last year, and we would not have this team right now if it weren't for his stellar year last year. You think Dwight would have still signed on with us if we were a mediocre lottery team last year? Perhaps, but far less likely. Asik saved our skins so many times last season and at times was the only man playing defense on every play, might not have even had a winning record if he wasn't around. You know how many teams can score in the NBA? A lot. But how many can play D? Not that many. I can't dismiss that effort so quickly.

I know this is a what-have-you-done-for-me-lately world, but geez. How soon people forget. He's earned my loyalty, and I hope everyone wins from this situation. I understand that he hasn't been a happy camper lately and has put the team in a tough situation, but he deserves a little patience from the fanbase. He has earned that much.

15. YallMean

YallMean Member

Management doesn't play him? Which Jedi twist are you pulling? He is requesting a trade b/c of his diminishing role on the team as a lesser player. He does that request once a week. Sounds like you have a pretty loose definition of what "demand a trade" is. You don't think putting it out there he wants to be traded hurt his trade value? Did we try to trade him before the season starts, and to no avail. What crack are you on?

16. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Member

Excellent job by Omer Asik last night and tonight. Still a bit off condition wise but really effective defending the basket and rebounding. Good to have him back. Also seems mentally engaged on the bench. I think he was holding back Beverley from going at some trash-talking GSW fan behind the bench.

17. Crashlanded19

Crashlanded19 Member

he made a big impact tonight when howard was allowing offensive rebound after offensive rebound..

18. shastarocket

shastarocket Member

The regression of TJones = Twin Tower II ?

19. Reach

Reach Member

What's really been perplexing to me is how Dwight can have these monster rebounding games while still giving up pffemsove rebounds seemingly every third possession. I don't recall this happening so frequently last season.

20. Crashlanded19

Crashlanded19 Member

he doesn't box out for rebs...he just jumps up for the boards...god i wish he went to college to learn the fundamentals of the game