1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ok Laker Fans!

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Rocketman, Aug 15, 1999.

1. Rocketman

Rocketman Member

look you can tell us how much you don't like Pippen and how the Rockets will ultimately have to accept the crappy offer of Rice-Horry-Gimp. But I think you guys are only trying to cover up your bitterness toward Scottie Pippen....

Remember last year when his number one choice was LA and he totally screwed you guys by going to Houston? Its too obvious that you guys have some serious personality defects. Like someone said "don't hate the player hate the game". Pippen was in it for the money and where he had the best chance of winning a championship, also taking into mind that Rudy T is a great coach and Texas is the greatest state in the USA. So ultimately the Lakers got screwed over last year and didn't do anything but lose a young gun and a Center for Rice.

I can understand your anger but just cause you are mad at the fact that LA isn't really the best of places to live, crime and pollution don't make a wonderful place to live. Also the fact that no one likes playing with a bunch of ball hogs and pay state tax. Thats why Houston will always have an appeal to Players in the league... If it was the San Diego Lakers I would understand cause you would be crazy to pick Houston over San Diego. But its not so live with it....

In truth Scottie probably understands that next year will be different and better for him... I bet he likes Houston better anyway. The fans in LA woln't put up with crap as well as us Rocket fans did.. We will give another chance but thats cause we have CLASS.

Coming to our board to shoot down our intellegent suggestions and boast about your imature and disorganized team is very classless. The only reason Pippen wants to play for LA is cause of Phil..

If you look at it the way I do you will see why a Shaq-Pippen deal isn't that far fetched.. 1. The triangle doesn't work with a type of player like shaq.. he doesn't hit the mid range j and is no gimp like wennington, Knight is the gimp they need to start. 2. Pippen and Shaq woln't work, just like Hakeem Pippen didnt' work. I also believe that the Rockets are one of the smarter organizations in the league, only an idiot would think that Rice (one-dimensional), Horry (doesn't even want Houston), and Some GIMP (LA is stock full of Gimps, should be called the LA Gimpers), is a good deal.

I think I've made my point... and I didn't even insult LA fans... See Rocket fans have class, I don't personally attack anyone. I just point out you guy's childishness.

--Rocketman

Lakers? Move em to Las Vegas!!

2. 26Ballers

26Ballers New Member

>>>>If you look at it the way I do you will see why a Shaq-Pippen deal isn't that far fetched.. 1. The triangle doesn't work with a type of player like shaq.. he doesn't hit the mid range j and is no gimp like wennington, Knight is the gimp they need to start. 2. Pippen and Shaq woln't work, just like Hakeem Pippen didnt' work. I also believe that the Rockets are one of the smarter organizations in the league, only an idiot would think that Rice (one-dimensional), Horry (doesn't even want Houston), and Some GIMP (LA is stock full of Gimps, should be called the LA Gimpers), is a good deal.

Shaq is untouchable, and TKnight would foul out in 6 minutes. He isn't starter material. And we would have both Glen Rice and Scottie. What do we do wih both? We'd turn into the LA SUNS, no backcourt. Listen to your master Clutch.

>>>>>>The Lakers have a "Big Three" of their own in Shaq, Kobe and Rice and they are not under any circumstances giving up Shaq or Kobe. It's not happening. Not ever. Not ever ever. Lets get that straight.

If you had Shaq or Kobe would you trade them? No. Neither will they.

3. 26Ballers

26Ballers New Member

>>>We'd turn into the LA SUNS, no backcourt

meant no frontcourt

4. RKMAN

RKMAN Member

And we would have both Glen Rice and Scottie. What do we do wih both? We'd turn into the LA SUNS, no frontcourt. - 26baller

Actually 26baller, Rice and Pippen are frontcourt players.

One more thing, you don't need to post another message correcting your mistake. All you have to do is push the "edit message" button.

------------------
    RKMAN
    President of "The Matt Maloney & Rudy T. Haters Club."

5. Rocketman

Rocketman Member

You are very hypocritical... The Suns don't run the same offense as the Lakers do (now). The triangle offense is an offense made to accomadate teams with no center. Look the Bulls won with Wennington and Longley, Phil probably believes he can win with Knight too (Cmon Longley could foul out in 6 minutes too!). Also Rice is a backcourt player and the way the triangle offense works is like this: You have a shooter (Kobe and Rice), a slasher (Pippen), and a rebounder (Ried), now Kobe and Rice would play the same position but would complement each other... Plus Pippen can play point forward but i doesn't matter because the Triangle system discards all previous traditional basketball views, there is no true PG or C in the Triangle. Its not bad for you Lakers but you just totally missed the big picture of my post. I was telling you guys that you are overlooking things are not being courteous or intellegent in your answers (in my opinion by making false stories and annoying regular posters you aren't welcome). But whatever... The truth is no one is untouchable in this league and you should know that by now... The Rockets almost traded Hakeem, The lakers might just trade Shaq.

--Rocketman

6. Skywalker

Skywalker Member

Rocketman - Might as well make this my final post in here...I have nothing against Scottie or any alternative agenda. I just HONESTLY believe the guy's best days are increasingly behind him and don't want a 34-year-old with a bad back who's lost a step that puts a $15 million cap albatross around our necks until he's 38 and punchless.

You guys keep throwing agendas into our mouths where they don't exist. I DON'T want Scottie Pippen, he's old, he's got a bad back and a worse contract. He will not be traded for Shaq or Kobe, but wish away if you so desire.

Shaq and Kobe are the PRIMARY reason Jackson decided to come to coach the Lakers, he's not about to trade them away, yes, even for Pippen. Tex Winter has also said that Rice will thrive in the system.

No less a triangle authority than Phil Jackson says Shaq will be great in the triangle and that it is designed for a dominant big man. LA ran the triangle through Wilt in 1972-73 and all they did was win 33 straight games and the title.

I'm not expecting similar success by any stretch, but I am saying that Jackson and Tex Winter are looking at Shaq as a great fit, he IS staying put, I just hope Pippen meets with a similar fate in Houston.

Good luck this year guys.

[This message has been edited by Skywalker (edited August 15, 1999).]

7. 26Ballers

26Ballers New Member

8. 26Ballers

26Ballers New Member

meant no Frontcourt as in pf and center. We'd have a lineup of
    Pip
    Kobe
    Rice
    Reid
    TKnight

Also, the Suns have no pf and center. I consider googs a sf. Or if you consider him a pf, they have no sf and center

9. RocketGirl34

RocketGirl34 Member

RocketMan:

I am a HUGE Rockets fan. One of the classiest organizations in sports. But you can't honestly tell me that you think Texas is a great state? my friend there said that right now the whole place just peels.

I may hate the Knicks and the NY weather is not much better that TX but NYC is incomparable as a place to be.

And i'm sure you'd get some argument from LA fans. Pretty hard to attack California as a place to live even if there team requires blinders to root for.

I'm just trying to be unbiased as i always am. please don't be offended.

------------------
    Tishanna the "RocketGirl"

10. RocketGirl34....

Ive lived in Houston, and El Paso...
    Moved to the North now and have been to NYC quite a few times...

So from one person who's spent extensive times in both let me say this. NY is fun. NYC has the night life. But in comparison NYC's crime, traffic, winters, and pollution that spreads everywhere, far deteriorates the city as a whole

And to me being able to party in Mexico in towns like Juarez, was much more fun than hanging out in clubs like the Limelight. But thats just my opinion.

11. jsawyer

jsawyer Member

>>But I think you guys are only trying to cover up your bitterness toward Scottie Pippen....<<

Uh....nope. We (fans) didn't want him last year either. Just so you know.

Sure, more of us don't want him now, but that we did want him last year is a gross overstatement.

12. RocketGirl34

RocketGirl34 Member

dreamshake: thanks for the 411. i may be moving to houston [or more likely austin where the high tech market is really hot - but oh, the spurs! [​IMG] ]

being from brooklyn, i can handle the problem stuff. after awhile, you don't even notice it. but you make texas as a place to live sound much more appealing. thanks.

------------------
    Tishanna the "RocketGirl"

13. Boardman

Boardman Member

Rocketman......

You are pathetic. Because we disagree about a game, you assert we have personality defects and attack where some of us live. I've never said one negative thing about Texas, and even though I certainly could, I won't.

Your post doesn't have enough class or intelligence to merit a reply.

14. Almu

Almu Contributing Member

I have to come to work every day fighting people in the subway. Just for that reason, i can't wait to move back to Houston.

Sometimes, I get lucky and my company pays for a car to bring me to work. Then, I just run into the 2 hour wait at the Lincoln Tunnel.

NYC is nice. But you wouldn't want to live there.

15. BrianKagy

BrianKagy Contributing Member

I recently took a family vacation in Ohio. Hadn't been back in seven years. Ohio is where I grew up and as Texan as I may want to be, it's still an important part of me.

And I can say without equivocation that you can have the whole country north of the Red River. I'll take Texas. The people are more polite, the women are prettier, the food's better, the beer's colder, and the Senators are Republican.

RocketGirl, you will love Austin. I didn't see one thing in Columbus that I thought could possibly compare to its Austin counterpart.

Now, this is totally off-topic and as an admin I probably should do something about it.... oh well.

16. RocketMan Tex

RocketMan Tex Contributing Member

Rocketman...you GO son! Great posts, and keep the damn Laker fans in their place. They've got as much basketball sense as Forrest Gump!

Rocketgirl...I lived in LA for 13 years. It's a crappy place to live. Glad I'm back in Houston where the people are real, instead of real stuck up.

------------------
    HOW SWEET IT WAS (AND COULD BE AGAIN)!!!!!!!!!!

17. And if you make the drive to Austin. Ill give you a great route for fun along the way.

18. sir scarvajal

sir scarvajal Member

This really isn't the place for it, but...

Having lived in the West, East (somewhat) and Tex (Hou & Austin), most of the congressmen are about the only thing deeply wrong with TX [​IMG] Of course Austin is a gem the other part of the state has yet to fully catch up to in this regard. Sorry to pound on east coasters, but they have nothing. Why do you think the Phily, Boston & NY fans are so great and live-and-die by their team (they have to let it out somewhere). Everything they have the West coast has (ridiculesly priced homes and condos packed together like sardines, arts, coastal scenery, progressive politics and culture) without the butt cold winters and Tx like summers.

Here is a joke for you:
    Ya'll know why air conditioning ruined
    Texas? It allowed the yankees to move there.

[This message has been edited by sir scarvajal (edited August 16, 1999).]

19. Rocketman

Rocketman Member

Thank all the Rocket fans for their intellegent and wonderful posts!

Now I've lived in various cities around the world and the US (Amman Jordan, London England, Toronto Canada, Houston, and Oklahoma City). I have visited MANY cities also. And the best city I have found is San Diego.... it is a very big cosmopolitan city with a beatiful beach and wonderful weather... in my opinion the best! But Texas is in my opinion the best place in the world.. Kagy Summed up better than I can!

I don't like Houston as much as San Antonio though.... I still like the Mexican food in San Antonio better... But no one can beat Houston Creole! Also Houston is more of a metropolitan city wearas San Antonio is a great tourist spot.....

Thats my opionion

Rocketman Tex I'm glad we think alike! Boardman... You can take my posts differently but in truth I think I have made very truthful statements. Just cause you live in a bad place doesn't mean much, I understand that, I live in Oklahoma City (the worst place in the US) and its not the greatest. I wasn't using your residence as the main point of my posts though... I was merely telling you guys my feelings toward your malevolent posts.... I think most people agree with me!

--Rocketman

20. Laker_Phil

Laker_Phil Guest

I am confused Rocket? What makes you think we want Pippen at all? What makes you think we want to give up Rice? I personally don't want to see that trade so your insults are not necessary! I think Pippen has seen his better days, he is older then Rice and it is Pippen calling for the trade not the Lakers!