1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Oiler Helmet

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by Fatty FatBastard, Jan 19, 2008.

1. Fatty FatBastard

Seriously, if you had an official "Oiler Helmet" that you used to pose MNF style towards a Cowboys helmet, what should you do with it?

I'll never toss it, simply because of the Tyler Rose. But I'm curious as to what people think I should do?

To me, Earl Campbell was the best Houstonian to ever play. And to an extent, I can see why sooo many people wanted Vince Young to play here. But, as I posted multiply, it wasn't about his talent, it was about his timing. Had KY decided to play at UT 1 more year, the Texans would've had to take him. He showed his cards. We called. Pair o' dueces, so far, eh! I digress. I think VY will be a good QB in the NFL. Great? Doubtful, although if he were playing for my team, I'd say probable. And speaking of probable, how about Wes Welker? Jeez, guess y'all forgot he's a Guns up guy? And as long as we're talking about guns can I just (sir we're cutting you off) say that these r****ded (you need to go) paraplegic(Sir, don't ma

2. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

I'd proudly display that sucker. It's a cool conversation piece.

3. the futants

the futants Contributing Member

Give it to me.

4. Blake

Blake Contributing Member

I'll buy it

5. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

Heck; I'd wear it, track down a Lorenzo White jersey and just re-enact the early '90s.

6. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Earl was from Tyler.

You know, the Tyler rose !

DD

7. SWTsig

SWTsig Contributing Member

it's been, what.... 11-12 years since then oilers left?

i still miss them.

:(

i'd wear that thing at least once a month.

8. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

Oilers had to best jerseys ever. I still look at my Earl Cambell throwback in amazement. Too bad the Titans ****ted all over our former team. :mad:

9. what

what Member

Houston should have never changed their name. I mean, lets be real, no texan outside of old oiler fans follow this team. They are all dallas cowboy fans. An oiler is a cool dude A texan? Yeah right. But in the age of big business sports and corporate ad gurus, what could have been a quirky and fun name turns into a bland and tasteless moniker.

10. Baqui99

Baqui99 Contributing Member

Luv Ya Blue. Great helmets.

11. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Well, it wasn't exactly Houston's decision, was it...

BTW, I took some heat in another thread for saying Earl Campbell is my all-time favorite athlete...including Hakeem. Even though Hakeem is a very close 2nd, I'll stick to it.

12. what

what Member

Yeah, I liked earl at least as much as I liked hakeem. The way I look at it, championships don't even matter when you are so invested in a team. I was way more invested in the oilers than the rockets.

I think most people here like hakeem more because he brought us the championships.

13. kaleidosky

kaleidosky Your Tweety Bird dance just cost us a run

badass. wish i had one

14. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Ill raise you Mike Singletary