1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ohio Cop Pulls Over Black Man Who 'Made Direct Eye Contact' With Him

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by CometsWin, Aug 31, 2015.

1. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

This is awesome. I bet it happens about 500 times a day in America. A great example of how cops pull people over for the stupidest nonsense just to harass them.

Ohio Cop Pulls Over Black Man Who 'Made Direct Eye Contact' With Him
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry...n-making-eye-contact_55e0ad60e4b0b7a96338e614

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/FsZbTkIlx6M" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

"It’s just awareness that this stuff still happens in 2015."

Earlier this month, a police officer in Dayton, Ohio, tailed a man by the name of John Felton for two miles, then pulled him over for failing to use a turn signal 100 feet prior to making his turn. To be clear: Felton used a turn signal, but he apparently didn't put it on early enough.

Only after handing over a written warning did the officer acknowledge the real reason he'd pulled over Felton, a black man who was driving a car with out-of-state plates: He had "made direct eye contact" with the officer.

The Dayton Police Department confirmed the incident in a statement emailed to The Huffington Post on Friday, and acknowledged that "making direct eye contact with an officer" is not a legitimate reason to be stopped.

"The Dayton Police Department is a true partner in the community and enjoys a positive community-police relationship," the statement said. "The Dayton Police Department is in contact with Mr. Felton. He has agreed to a conversation with the officer, facilitated by the Dayton Mediation Center. This will allow Mr. Felton and the Officer to discuss the specifics of the incident."

Felton captured the absurd interaction on camera, then shared the video on Facebook page.

"This is why I hate coming to Dayton," he wrote in the caption. "He had no grounds for following/trailing me other than seeing an Infiniti with Michigan plates. His reason? 'I gave him direct eye contact while passing him.'"

Watch Felton's video, which contains adult language, below.

fter a bit of back and forth, Felton tells the officer he's using his cell phone to record the conversation and insists he had used his turn signal.

"You did signal," the officer clarifies. "You just didn't do it 100 feet prior to your turn."

"You just needed a reason to pull me over, sir," Felton responds, handing over his license and registration. "Is there a reason you pulled me over other than that?"

"Jesus Christ, this is so childish," he adds, speaking to himself.

The officer walks away, then returns a short time later with a written warning for the infraction.

"No disrespect, I don't have anything against police officers," Felton tells the officer, "but all the **** that's going on now, that's some scary **** to have a police officer just trailing you. ... Why were you trailing me?"

"Because you made direct eye contact with me and held onto it while I was passing you," he replies. "If you want to keep talking about it, I'll just give you a citation for the violation and we can take it to court. I'm not going to argue about it anymore."

In an interview with Dayton TV station ABC 22/FOX 45, Felton, who lives in Detroit, said he felt targeted as soon as he saw the officer's car.

"I have a nice car, I don’t know if he’d seen me as a black male, but I feel like I was targeted. Being a Michigan car and it was about 11 at night," he said. "I’m not your stereotypical black male that a lot of people have in mind. It’s just awareness that this stuff still happens in 2015."

2. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Maybe the cop had a crush and thought the driver was gay. That's why I don't keep eye contact with dudes since I don't know how they will see that.

3. GlenDice

GlenDice Member

Oh another award winning CometsWin racial thread and this guy has the audacity to call me a racebaiter

4. GlenDice

GlenDice Member

Hey CW how about you get your source not from far left website/youtube channel

5. REEKO_HTOWN

The source was from the person pulled over. Seems like a fair source lol

6. krnxsnoopy

krnxsnoopy Contributing Member

This is worse than the race-baiting by LOFs :p

7. GlenDice

GlenDice Member

Ever heard of fake hate crime? Google it if you haven't

8. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

How about the Dayton Daily News? Or CNN?

Or the City of Dayton, LOL.

Or the video where the words come directly out of the officer's mouth?

1 person likes this.
  9. REEKO_HTOWN

The cop admitted he started following the guy FOR NO LEGITAMITE REASON.

10. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

that's why you never look at cops

11. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Obvious racial profiling.

12. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Speaking of Google....

13. GlenDice

GlenDice Member

Stop with all these B.S propaganda. The guy had out of state license plate, fail to signal, made threatening eye contact. Obviously the guy wanted a fight. I can't stand this ****, follow the ****ing law *******!

14. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

LOL! Even the police department said that is not a reason to be pulled over. Also, having an out of state license is not a legal reason to be pulled over either. He did use his turn signal, just not quick enough for this guy.

Just come out and say you think black people should be discriminated against. Seriously, we all see you for the racist you are. Just be proud of it instead of trying (very unsuccessfully) to hide it. You hate black people and think the police should be able to pull them over for whatever reason because you believe they are most likely criminals.

1 person likes this.
  15. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

What about the law makes it illegal to make eye contact? What about the law makes out of state plates a justification for tailing someone in a threatening manner?

Seriously, you are so entrenched into your justification for discriminating against blacks we should just call you George C Wallace.

16. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Those ******* B.S. propagandists aka Dayton Police department:

17. Baba Booey

Baba Booey Contributing Member

And now Glen the racebaiter will play victim.

18. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

He's the victim alright. Someone dropped him on his head when he was a baby.

1 person likes this.
  19. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Yeah, I'm here...

Nah...peace...

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  20. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

This happened to me one time when I was 18 and living in Arlington, TX.

It was Black Friday and I was driving with two friends in the car to Best Buy. Speed limit was 40 and I'm going maybe 38 and one of my friends sees a cop in the median about to turn around, we pass him and I turn and look directly at him. He was wearing shades, but I know we made eye contact. Bam, the sirens are on and he gets behind us. I just continue to drive to BB (in my mind I'm thinking well if you want to pull me over on some BS then you can at least follow me the rest of the way to BB, which is like half a mile and the next parking lot) and pull into the lot. He gets out and asks for my license and after glancing at it asks "so you're just going to best buy?" I say ya and he gives me my license back and walks away.

Both of my friends are like "wtf was that" and "I bet you're glad your two white buddies are with you" and "he didn't even say why he pulled you over". The one in the front seat said he was looking at my speed too and that that was the first time he has seen a DWB. He believed in the "myth" after that.