1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Official Where to Find Cheaper/Hard-to-Get/Popular Christmas Gifts/Items

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Lil Pun, Nov 23, 2007.

1. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Member

OK, I decided to start this thread after finding out some of the things my girlfriend wants for Christmas. She wants an iPod and not exactly the ones that play video but one with a screen. Example below.

I also found out she wants a ridiculously overpriced hair thingamajig. It is a hair straightener made by a company called Chi or that may be the brand name. Anyway I went to the local mall and they're $175! :eek:

My first two are obviously where to find cheaper versions of what she wants but I am probably going to come up with some more.

[​IMG]

2. Kam

Kam Member

ebay chi.

3. Yaozer

Yaozer Member

Now might be a good time to tell her you're Jewish.

4. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Member

Anybody know where to find a cheap Zune, like they had on woot.com or is the Zune a bad idea?

5. Stack24

Stack24 Member

Chi's are expensive...nothing you can do about that....one of the best on the market for hair products. If you know someone that works in hair or skin care you can get them wholesale from places like armstrong mccall for much much cheaper.

6. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Member

Got a nice deal on eBay for a set. Got the dryer and the flat iron (straightener) for $170. Not bad considering my girlfriend's friend bought her set in the store for $290, not including taxes.

7. couple of d's

couple of d's Member

They dont sell the older nano model anymore. Your best bet on that would be ebay.

8. Yaozer

Yaozer Member

craigslist?

9. Stack24

Stack24 Member

Yeah just get a good quality used nano on ebay..im sure they even have some unopened new in box ones as well.

10. macalu

macalu Member

four words:

over stock dot com

link

11. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Member

Thanks but I already bought the set. Look at post 6.

12. Kam

Kam Member

I've bought a few flat irons from ebay.

I didn't know they cost so damn much.

I bought two CHI's and one Corioliss or something like that.

13. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Member

Anybody know where I can get something called moon shoes online? My niece wants a pair for Christmas.

14. BigSherv

BigSherv Member

If you want a chi straightener find someone who works in a salon. Hell ask the lady that cuts your hair. My old boss's wife does color. I asked her if she could get me one for my wife. She called me from this beauty supply store and told me they had a deal. Buy the chi hair dryer for 159 get the straightener for free. I think the hair dryer costs 179 usually. Then of course she got her discount off on top of that so I made out like a bandit.

Anyhow I took 5 seconds and found it on Amazon for half the price you said. No place is better to buy stuff from than amazon becuase it is tax free and it is over 25 buck so it will ship for free

http://www.amazon.com/Farouk-GF1538..._bbs_sr_2?ie=UTF8&s=hpc&qid=1197273713&sr=8-2

15. BigSherv

BigSherv Member

That is the store I was talking about. I should have read the entire thread first.

16. BigSherv

BigSherv Member

17. bladeage

bladeage Member

Best place for cheap gifts.[​IMG]

18. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Member

I already purchased the Chi and got a pretty good deal. I got the straightener, hair dryer, a bottle of silk infusion, and a bottle of thermal protection for $157.

What the hell is this?

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=291314001&pf_rd_i=507846

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

19. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Member

Anybody know where I can find a 2 mic karaoke hook up, not one of those stereo types but one that uses the television, DVD player, and/or sound systems?

20. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate

COSTCO has one that has a chip set that you can add additional songs from additional musical genres. I saw people looking at them last saturday and stopped to check them out even though I have zero interest in Karaoke.