1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Texans @ Saints

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Castor27, Sep 20, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Coach AI

Coach AI Member

Yeah, I don't see this at all. If anything, Foster's burst and elusiveness seems more natural and effortless. Tate getting to the 'second level' easier than Foster is absurd.

Not that Tate isn't talented, because he sure is, but I can't believe some Texans fans are already ready to annoint Tate as the 'better back'. Well, I guess I can believe it, but still...

2. RealRocFan47

RealRocFan47 Member

3. conquistador#11

Enjoyed reading that link.
    Before looking at those stats, you would have thought that Brees was a machine. His rating against us, in that last regular season game played, was 72 compared to schaub's 112. Lol Greenwood and Von Hutchins with Ints. 2007 seems so long ago. :p

Like I've said many times, with a good defense, schaub can do the same things that the qbs adored by the media can do, with the exception of throwing a 70 yard laser and impregnating two of the most beautiful women on earth like Brady.

It's saturday now! Yeay.

4. liljojo

liljojo Member

Maybe, but Brady can't spawn his children two at a time like Schaub can.

Advantage: Schaub.

5. Kam

Kam Member

Yeah, Jet Blast links these all the time. and that link is broken.

6. RealRocFan47

RealRocFan47 Member

That is so true. It really shows that he is up there with the Elite QBs but he is rarely credited as elite or on the verge elite

7. RealRocFan47

RealRocFan47 Member

1 person likes this.
  8. ThreePointShot

Yeah can someone post a working link for it?

9. ThreePointShot

10. Jet Blast

Jet Blast Member

I normally post the game release but was waiting for the flip card to post as well. Thanks for providing the link.

The Texans will be wearing their White Jerseys and Blue Pants Sunday. The Saints are wearing their 1960's throwbacks, Black Jerseys / Mustard Pants. Fingers crossed the Saints play like they did in the '60s. ;)

Andre Johnson needs 13 receptions to reach 700 for his career. A bit of a stretch to think he'll get it Sunday, but if he gets his normal eight or nine catches then he should reach the milestone next week at home against the Steelers.

11. BMoney

BMoney Member

Saints will win 31-24.

1 person likes this.
  12. arkoe

arkoe (ง'̀-'́)ง

Didn't know this tidbit from that PDF: WR Andre Johnson has averaged 79.9 yards per game through his stellar career, which is the highest in NFL history among players with at least 100 games played.

13. solid

solid Member

Do you get the impression that most Texans fans think the Saints will win? I thought so, well, practically, logically, and probably, they will. They are former SB champions, they have a great QB, they are playing at home, etc. But, they might not. If the Texans upset them, you and I will be ecstatic. Even if it is close and the Texans play well, I will be encouraged. However, I am going with the Texans, 34-31 in a cliff hanger.

14. JunkyardDwg

JunkyardDwg Member

You know what...if the Cowboys can go to New York and (almost if not for some stupid mistakes) beat the Jets on the anniversary of 9/11, then I think Houston has a definite chance to win this one.

I'm not gonna take the "encouraging loss" route either. I thought I may, but no screw that. This team is good and they have every right to win this game. If we want them to make the playoffs, if we want them to be the champions that they could be, then we can never settle for a loss. So they need to win. Period. They need to come home 3-0 with a ton of momentum and confidence to play the Steelers.

15. SuperBeeKay

SuperBeeKay Member

Minus a few really good analysts, many other "analyst" on ESPN are basically being fed to say their stuff on a teleprompter. They don't watch the Texans game enough to know what us (the true fans) know about them. Same goes for every other sport. There are truly only a few people in ESPN that actually knows what they are talking about (ie- tim Kurkjian for baseball...)

16. Major Malcontent

The Texans are beyond the "moral victories" stage in their development. Playing the Saints close on the road is just a loss.

We aren't going to go 16-0....but a playoff caliber team wins some of these.

Texans 42 NO 35

17. br0ken_shad0w

br0ken_shad0w Member

Agree with the people who say that they have to win this game. Texans record against playoff-bound teams is putrid IIRC. Taking 3 out of 4 against the Steelers, Ravens, Falcons, and Saints should shut up the naysayers.

18. liljojo

liljojo Member

It would also most likely get us a 14-2 record. While I love the Texans, I know they aren't a 14-2 team. I believe they CAN win the game, and will be ecstatic if they do. It's not a game they SHOULD win though. The Saints have shown they're the better team so far. Not by a lot, but they're better.

I guess we'll find out for sure tomorrow.

19. Kam

Kam Member

12 hours 15 minutes.

20. greenhippos

greenhippos Member

Doesn't speak much for the franchise as a whole, but tomorrow's game is pretty highly anticipated around these parts. Hoping it's a good game regardless of outcome.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.