1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Official Health Care Reform Celebration Thread

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by rimrocker, Mar 22, 2010.

1. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

The problem with doing this now, is that if the language is changed at all, the house will have to vote on the changes again as well. So they will have to be changed in the Senate, and then have another nail-biting session as the house has to vote again.

I could be wrong on that, but that was my understanding.

2. rimrocker

rimrocker Member

Begala on Pelosi...
    And on the politics...

3. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

I'll say it again, people can hate her all they want, but she does her job, keep the majority in line. A much more diverse majority than republican majorities

4. rimrocker

rimrocker Member

More good stuff...

5. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

I just don't understand why I woke up this morning and no one was at my door to inform me about which part of the collective I was to report to....

6. mc mark

mc mark Member

7. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Member

I've reported you with the White House's citizen snitching program disguised as "E mail".

You'll get one tomorrow.

8. Zboy

Zboy Member

A historic achievement. Well done.

9. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Member
    Supporting Member

YOU WILL HAVE A COLLORED SHIRT AND LIKE IT!

10. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

Thank you comrade! :grin:

11. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Member
    Supporting Member

I don't know about you guys but I've had this song stuck in my head all day.
    <object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/IwZV0vl7GiE&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/IwZV0vl7GiE&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

12. rimrocker

rimrocker Member

13. Grizzled

Grizzled Member

I’m very happy for my American neighbours. Congratulations!:grin:

14. Grizzled

Grizzled Member

I think it was more like a funnel. He started broad and didn’t allow himself to be put into a corner he couldn’t get out of. He let the Republicans flounder around screaming and obstructing as much as they could, all while claiming to want to change, and they destroyed a lot of their credibility that way. I think this whole process was about narrowing in on what they could get passed, and then sealing the deal.

The way this happened is going to be debated and talked about and taught for years to come. It’s very worthwhile to think it through now and understand what happened and why, because this has showed how to make major change happen, at least at this time in US history. It’s important to understand what happened and to keep the momentum rolling. There’s more to be done on this issue, and there are other big issues to tackle as well. This can become a movement rather than a onetime thing, if the proper lessons are learned and people are prepared to do the work to make it happen.

1 person likes this.
  15. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

Great step in the right direction for this country. I've had my own healthcare horror stories so this is a big relief.

16. mc mark

mc mark Member

[​IMG]
    LAW OF THE LAND!

17. Grizzled

Grizzled Member

Make sure you don’t let the Republicans take it away from you. Get involved, get organized, and let your elected representatives know that you will do everything you can to vote out anyone who wants to take it away.

18. mc mark

mc mark Member

19. geeimsobored

geeimsobored Member

Same here. I'm so happy this got done. There are parts of the bill I'm not so thrilled with but overall its a step in the right direction.

20. rjh2002

rjh2002 Member

'So This Is How Liberty Dies...With Thunderous Applause'
    Welcome to Enslavement