1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Can former Rocket Eric Gordon and the Suns bounce back against the Timberwolves? Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

[OFFICIAL] Christian Wood's Los Angeles Lakers

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Os Trigonum, Jun 16, 2022.

1. Salvy

Salvy Member

Just like Harden but his shooting gets worst the longer he is in the playoffs...

2. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

14 pts in the first half, 1 point in the second. Hasn't played more than 30 min in a game nor started

3. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

4. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

Mavs lost to a jokic less nuggets team. Wood had 5 pts and 7 reb in 17 min

BallSoHarden and TimDuncanDonaut like this.
  5. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

He good
    He needs to push forward

Rocket River

6. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

7. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Wow 17 min played. I guess he isn’t a superstar

8. LukaMVP

LukaMVP Member

dude still better than trashes like powell and kleber though. glad to see bertans having a great game hope he can continue. luka's 3 is horrible for a player his caliber he has alot of work to do to improve his performance behind the arc. i have confidence in him, lebron was also poor at 3pt line in his early years and he made it his strength through time.

9. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Do coaches tell their players how much time they're going to play in the second half?

BallSoHarden likes this.
  10. YOLO

YOLO Member

mediocre players like Wood with low IQ publicly complain about role and PT. he's still the same loser

Nook likes this.
  11. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

12. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Are Mavericks fans wanting Kidd's head for not playing Wood more. ;)

13. Rokman

Rokman Member

Wood is greasing the wheels for his exit. If he starts griping about playing time he'll be moving on to his next team at the trade deadline. Kidd is not the kind of Coach to test.

BallSoHarden and clos4life like this.
  14. apollo33

apollo33 Member

What is it about Christian Wood that just pisses everyone off whereever he goes. It's actually quite weird at this point, he's been with like 25 teams

Rokman likes this.
  15. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

7 teams in 8 seasons to be exact. The Rockets stay was the longest ever for him.

If you just looked at his numbers, you'd think he's a very good player, above average. But when you have him on your team, you would see that he's a selfish player. I think teammates and coaches see that too. He's kind of like Carmelo Anthony but without elite talent.

Rokman likes this.
  16. Rokman

Rokman Member

I think he's a narcissist. He must be because he obviously cannot see that he is the common denominator.

17. asmith8266

asmith8266 Member

Was done with this guy halfway through his first season with the Rockets
    -- is so clearly a rotten teammate and an even worse locker room presence, which is sad because his weaknesses are so apparent to anyone forced to watch him on a regular basis (and shockingly unapparent to him) -- low iq defensive player, too soft to play center / to slow to play power forward, and an extreme chucker/ball stopper on offense preoccupied with celebrating (and seeking out) individual successes.

Loathsome NBA player.
    One of my least favorite in some time.
    It's depressing I root so hard for his downfall but nevertheless!

18. BallSoHarden

BallSoHarden Member

What is concerning is how bad he is in Dallas, when he was here he had big weaknesses, but he looked like a decent NBA player that could be a 3-4th best player on a contender. The reason it is concerning is because there are a lot of guys on the Rockets now that are getting playing time and look like they have potential, but likely more fools gold that is just fooling us fans with empty stat padding and losses. Good NBA players have the skill to will you to wins on their own, we have none of those players currently. My fear is we have a roster full of Christian Wood type players only populating the box score due to opportunity.

palmsnbananas and PhilCollins like this.
  19. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Kill me right now if none of the current Rockets players will not be better at the same age that Wood is currently. Just put me out of my misery.

Easy likes this.