1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Astros @ Rangers

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Castor27, Jun 20, 2011.

1. rocketballin

rocketballin Member

How can you even say something like this?!?!

It's like me saying (as a Ranger fan).. Ohh I wonder how much value Nefti Feliz would bring back? Eff that!!!

2. rpr52121

rpr52121 Sober Fan
    Supporting Member

Way to crucify the poster for no reason. All he said was I wonder what he could bring in after clarifying that we never would do it.

It's not heretical to discuss that since prospects are often traded for other prospects, and it is no secret that the Astros are easily a number of players and 3-4 seasons away from contending for anything.

Of course it would make no sense doing that unless the Astros also end up trading all the other players on the team (Myer, Wandy, Bourn, Pence, Lee, etc.). However, the team is already the worst (or nearly the worst) in MLB so its not altogether the end of world to trade all the players that can pull in more right now to jump start the minor league system for the team.

3. rockets934life

Actually prospects are almost NEVER traded for each other. You'll see the occasional minor league trade but those are just organizational filler going from one team to another. If a legit prospect gets dealt, it's for a veteran almost without exception.

Lyles, Norris, Wallace and Melancon are the only untouchables on the big league squad and unless the guy is 27 at CC no minor leaguers should be going anywhere either,

4. PlanetHoostin

PlanetHoostin Member

It was very strange to be in a stadium where every single person believes that their team is going to come back and win. The minute they tied it up, you could tell there was no way the Rangers were losing.

Still, had a good time at the game, at least they didn't stink it up like they did on Monday, and they were able to get to CJ Wilson. Also, got a new pair of sunglasses and got to set a world record, so that was fun.

5. XIrocket

XIrocket Member

I was there too..some douche bag user heckled me for having a Astros jersey on its a pretty sweet jersey..Was in the all you can eat section..didn't:mad: see too many stro fans though......I hate losing to the rangers their fans think they're Yankees.:mad:

6. RocketMania1991

Nelson Cruz is playing pretty terrible this year. But at least hes only making around 3 million and not near 20 like Carlos.

7. rocketballin

rocketballin Member

Actually no we are not.... And don't you dare ever use that team in the same sentence as the Rangers. When you generalize fans from the actions of a few you are being pretty ignorant. You ran into some @$$holes dogging you cus you were in Arlington and you were wearing Astros gear. What do you expect? There are jerks everywhere..... Yes even in Houston.

8. Vanilla Rice

Vanilla Rice Member

I've been to several Rangers games over the years wearing Astros gear. Never had an issue with any of the fans in Arlington.

However, there are no jerks in Houston. Zero.

9. msn

msn Member

until last year, Ranger fan was an incredibly rare specimen. I think I saw the crocodile hunter tackle one back in the day. ;)

10. msn

msn Member

...the Rangers defeat[/b] the Yankees in five games to secure their second consecutive AL Championship? ;)

11. XIrocket

XIrocket Member

[quotep]Actually no we are not.... And don't you dare ever use that team in the same sentence as the Rangers. When you generalize fans from the actions of a few you are being pretty ignorant. You ran into some @$$holes dogging you cus you were in Arlington and you were wearing Astros gear. What do you expect? There are jerks everywhere..... Yes even in Houston. [/quote]

I have lived in Dallas for 5 yrs I will say what I want...Most of the fans around here have turned into complete arrogant aholes like they're the Yankees same can be said of all Dallas fans, mavs, cowboys......And where did I complain about being heckled I was just telling my story...does that help?

12. XIrocket

XIrocket Member

In addition, watching the Monday broadcast on FSN in the opening monologue the announcer says they should just go ahead and put the Ranger Logo on both sides of the silver boot due to the Rangers Dominance...

At that point it was six game lead..Like I said unfounded arrogance.

13. Uprising

Uprising Member

[​IMG]

#73 Uprising, Jun 22, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 23, 2011
    1 person likes this.
  14. msn

msn Member

well, any cockiness or swagger on behalf of Ranger fan is pretty darn "founded" right now, actually. and, they've suffered a looooonnnng time (all two of them before last year!) to get to this point where they can enjoy this.

good for them.

but the time is coming when the universe will be in right order again, the Astros will be a premiere organization, and the Rangers will be irrelevant. :)

15. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

There is something about that guy Kinsler that I just dislike. He just rubs me the wrong way. I hate that guy.

16. BrooksBall

BrooksBall Member

So I decided to listen to the Rangers announcers for the 1st inning. I had never really heard more than a few seconds of them here and there in the past.

Question: Are they always this horrible or was that just a bad sampling?

One of the guys literally spent about a minute explaining how it's hard for teams with less talent to beat teams with greater talent. No joke. It was like a scene straight out of Idiocracy or something except he wasn't trying to be funny.

17. RocketMania1991

Yea the Rangers commentators blow, not to mention one of the guys voices just sounds really annoying.

They don't have anything on FSH

Oh and in an effort to salvage some wins for the remainder of the season. Brandon Lyon is having season ending surgery.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=6694361

18. rocketballin

rocketballin Member

The Rangers broadcasting this year has not been very good. Believe it or not it was actually worse earlier this season when Ric Renner was calling games for us. OMG I just watched the games in mute. Last years duo of Texas Rangers broadcasters Josh Lewin and Tom Grieve was one of the best in my opinion.

19. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Myers increasing his trade value. Nice

20. BrooksBall

BrooksBall Member

Woohoo! Tie game, baby!

Now let's burn some arms and lose in extras, worst-team-in-baseball style! Who's with me?