1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] ALCS Yankees vs. Astros

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Castor27, Oct 19, 2022.

1. count_dough-ku

I was watching the game at a bar, so I couldn't hear what the umps were discussing. I assumed it was regarding Bader's tag and advance to 2nd base after Tucker's catch.

arabrocket and jakedasnake like this.
  2. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Member
    Supporting Member

I'm in a slow period with work. If this continues I'm seriously considering coming down to Houston and getting a ticket to either game 6 or 7 of this series (provided those are needed) or the WS.

Stephen66 and Killatron 2000 like this.
  3. YOLO

YOLO Member

the umps were discussing baders tag and whether he went early or not. not Tuck's catch

4. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Member
    Supporting Member

At the minimum it would be good to watch the game with a bunch of actual Stros fans. Instead of with Twins fans still in mourning.

thegary likes this.
  5. Buck Turgidson

Does not apply to LHP

6. thegary

thegary Member

However, I really enjoy going to bars and being the hated enemy. It's pure shadenfreude.

Tfor3 and rocketsjudoka like this.
  7. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Member
    Supporting Member

I do have some friends in NYC I haven't seen in awhile. Maybe I could do that.

Even there though one of my best friends is a life long Mets fan so he's is for the Stros.

thegary likes this.
  8. Marshall Bryant

I thought I remembered Pettitte having to step off behind the rubber to throw to 1B and an issue with whether he came to a full stop before making that move. I remember things so clearly, but some things I remember never happened.

9. Marshall Bryant

Never having been a bar brawler, I would definitely make sure anybody I teased was good natured.

10. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

It was a clean catch, they're looking for anything that will help the Yankees at this point.

11. Stack24

Stack24 Member

Another good take by the Yankees broadcast, this time calling out Higioshoka still talking about Judge pop out.

12. YOLO

YOLO Member

they weren't even addressing that

13. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

Provided the LHP steps towards 1B.

14. IslandB.O.I.

IslandB.O.I. Member

Lance Z Codina he heard Javier starts game 3 from “someone in the building”. And during the broadcast they mentioned their was some uncertainty as who the starter would be.

15. IslandB.O.I.

IslandB.O.I. Member

Tfor3 likes this.
  16. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

17. YOLO

YOLO Member

the broadcast mentioned it because Dusty already said before the game it wouldn't be announced til today as if they're not sure.

IslandB.O.I. likes this.
  18. mightybosstone

I was commenting on the fact that you kept citing "numbers," but didn't supply any in your argument.

I don't think you do either, because you haven't provided a single one.

When he was hitting poorly? Sure. Now that he's hitting well? No. Yuli was a below average starting first baseman during most of the regular season, but he was hitting much better down the stretch, and that's transitioned to strong play in the postseason. Also, as previously stated in my last post, strong regular season play doesn't always translate to strong postseason play and vice versa.

It wasn't after. It was during. After Diaz failed (0-2) multiple times with RISP.

It's not "panicking" to suggest swapping out the DH who's batting 7th and providing zero offensive production, especially given that we've already tried two different guys there and neither has produced. Also, I don't know how many times now you've referenced "numbers," but failed to provide one. Share some stats with me at least if you're going to attempt to cite statistical evidence, dude.

And I said I would let it go yesterday, and in my frustration last night, I called you out. That's on me. I'll let it go now. In the future, though, if you're going to call out a poster for something, you really ought to be able to provide some evidence to support it.

19. SamCassell

SamCassell Member

The Astros rotation depth is awesome this year. Take advantage of it. I wouldn't start either of those guys on short rest. You go with Garcia on full rest versus Javier on short. Javier has never started a postseason game, ever... don't run him out in game 7 on limited rest. If Garcia falters early, game 7 ends up being an all hands on deck situation (but Garcia was dominant in game 3 vs Seattle). Urquidy is another option I'd take over a short-rest Javier - although he's got to be a bit rusty at this point.

20. Major

Major Member

I think Javier at least could be available out of the bullpen in a game 7, whereas LMJ wouldn't be in any scenario due to his injury issues. So I think the logic of Javier then McCullers makes sense. It just leaves them more options in a game 7 scenario.

sealclubber1016 likes this.