1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[official] 2013 All-Star Game

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by TheRealist137, Feb 17, 2013.

1. GreatOne1978

GreatOne1978 Member

Video of all 4th Q possessions where Kobe was guarding Lebron. Locked him down pretty good. only 1 point for King James

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/eFzAYWbEVi4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

2. jlwee

jlwee Member

Where were you kobe last week when the Heat crushed the Heat???
    Playing defense in a meaningless game means nothing!

3. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

I did not. Please share.

4. BleedRocketsRed

Had LeBron scored 20 in the 4th quarter, you would probably be talking about it.

They were going at it and Kobe did get the best of him.

5. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

LOL I heard the Lakers are gonna throw a parade for this next week... Lakers fans and Kobe can all watch LeBron in the playoffs together from the comforts of their own homes.

6. jlwee

jlwee Member

Sorry I m Kobe hater and not Lebron only fan. So I don't care how many points Lebron scored.

Plus I m interested to see Lebron's performance next year if the NBA really check and test for HGH.

7. Kwame

Kwame Member

I've had the misfortune of attending an Alicia Keys concert. The show she puts on is boring and she's terrible live.

8. clippy

clippy Member

That'll be one more point than Kobe score in the playoffs this year, LOL!

9. Rodman23

Rodman23 .GIF

This pretty much sums up Bosh's performance.....

[​IMG]

10. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Kobe got a good block on him but sheesh it's still an Allstar game.
    Kobe's team had a bad season and he had some frustration in him.

11. Juxtaposed Jolt

They showed a snippet of Webber and Bill Russell's conversation, about how players today shouldn't be compared to players from yesterday or the future, seeing as how there are so many factors that vary.

Barkley was asked about the whole PF thing; talked a lot about how Malone, even though he's considered one of the best PFs, had a John Stockton, while Barkley got the stats by himself.

Barkley went on to say "you can't be a great player without an ego."

Webber then said that all the players now have a guide (i.e great players that played their positions in the past) to go off of, while Bill Russell said he didn't have anyone to teach him how to block - he had to read "how to..." from a book.

Funniest comment: Right after that book comment, Barkley said to Shaq "so that's why you didn't block so much - you don't know how to read!"

Anyway, I wish I had a video of the segment. It was a really insightful segment.

12. Juxtaposed Jolt

Oh, and Barkley also said that, though it's so hard for him to admit, Duncan is the best PF of all time.

Which IS hard to admit - someone better than you at the job you do.

13. VanityHalfBlack

Meanwhile in the batcave:

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  14. Icehouse

Icehouse Member

Why didn't he do this in the 2 games that counted for real this season, when LeBron had over 30 points on over 60% shooting in both?

15. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Member

I bet Kevin Durant was going for the "UNIVERSITY OF TEXAS" former Longhorn in-state appeal

Thats a little bit too long ago, though. Not in the front of people's minds.

And OKC team has become a mini-rival of sorts. He's more closing in on the Utah Jazz, David Robinson, Dirk Nowitzki rival ranks to Houston

16. Gay4Battier

Gay4Battier Member

because on the all stars he doesn't have to worry about scoring and making plays for others

in the 4th he is not fatigued and shhit

17. moose

moose Member

I really appreciate the TNT crew, along with the Open Court show on NBAtv. Their conversations are honest, insightful, and entertaining.

18. atomicanderz

atomicanderz Member

I was trying to figure out why All Star games have sucked recently and I think it's because there really aren't any good big men left. You can feel the All Star game missing Shaq.

19. tchou

tchou Member

Because if players block Lebron's shots in a regular game, the officials would have to call a foul on them. ;)

20. ban

ban Member

http://watch.nba.com/nba/video/channels/tnt_overtime/2013/02/17/20130217-inside-3.nba?cat=catId:56

Nice discussion they had, good points.
    Chuck's really good for TV. Made me laugh out loud.

You can see that Webber doesn't agree with how championships are used as a gauge of greatness, that not everyone has the fortune of landing in a great organization with the right parts around to succeed in that way. Going with his line of thought though, I would say that Barkley probably would have won just as much or maybe more than Duncan if he had a Spurs/Pop combo. Yet he grudgingly agrees that Duncan might just be the best. Nice fella.