1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Obama Tells Harvey Weinstein, Justin Timberlake to Blame Rush Limbaugh

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by bobmarley, May 13, 2013.

1. bobmarley

bobmarley Contributing Member

Link

President Obama told donors like Jessica Biel, Justin Timberlake (who was wearing hipster glasses), and Tommy Hilfiger that Washington gridlock is pretty much Rush Limbaugh's fault on Monday evening at a fundraiser at Harvey Weinstein's house in New York's Greenwich Village.

Obama admitted that his theory — that after the 2012 election, the Republican "fever" would break, and they'd decide to co-sign some of his agenda — was wrong. "My thinking was when we beat them in 2012 that might break the fever, and it’s not quite broken yet," Obama said, according to the White House pool report. This is because of a certain corpulent radio host. "I genuinely believe there are Republicans out there who would like to work with us but they’re fearful of their base and they’re concerned about what Rush Limbaugh might say about them. And as a consequence we get the kind of gridlock that makes people cynical about government."

In June 2012, Obama had predicted that being a lame duck would actually be a perk. He told donors:

"I believe that if we're successful in this election, when we're successful in this election, that the fever may break, because there's a tradition in the Republican Party of more common sense than that,...

My hope, my expectation, is that after the election, now that it turns out that the goal of beating Obama doesn't make much sense because I'm not running again, that we can start getting some cooperation again."

And if Republicans refuse to cooperate? Well, unlike the president, they do face reelection. Obama suggested he would crush them in the midterms. "If there are folks who are more interested in winning elections than they are thinking about the next generation then I want to make sure there are consequences to that."

Obama left Weinstein's home for another DNC fundraiser at the home of Alexandra Stanton in Manhattan's Tribeca neighborhood, before a DCCC/DSCC event at the Waldorf Astoria, capping a busy day in which he addressed the dueling scandals about the IRS and Benghazi — and maybe even cried.

--------------

How out of touch is this guy? He must really be feeling the heat. He thought the Republicans would wilt to his will after pushing through legislation using shady politics last term?

2. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Shameful

3. mc mark

mc mark Contributing Member

get ready bob

4. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

Because unlike memos and tax inquiries, campaign fundraisers actually amount to something. Conservatives already ruined investigative journalism and special prosecutors when they tried to equate consensual sex with Watergate and Vietnam; here's hoping they don't do the same with Congressional subpoenas.

5. bobmarley

[​IMG]

6. mc mark

mc mark Contributing Member

Oh come on Bobby, let's dance.

<iframe width="853" height="480" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/uuZE_IRwLNI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

7. Nook

Nook Member

You are turning into a weird mixture of troll and a less intellectual Basso.

8. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

with Obama's pitiful track record, I'm not really sure what else he can say, other than try to play the blame game

9. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

5 star thread, will read again. Look forward to the next one.

10. bobmarley

What can I say? For such a time as this.

Glad I can count on your support. During times like these, people like you need people like me to look out for you. Don't worry, I will take care of you.

11. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

You are free to think the Lewinsky issue was dumb, but at least refer to what it really was about. He was not impeached for sex, he was impeached because he lied under oath in a court of law.

I get that it doesn't matter whether good guys like (insert Democrat name here) lie in this country, but don't just say it was about sex.

12. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

Everyone look at this shiny object and ignore the multiple scandals.....

This story has no meaning to me.

13. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

No, I'm pretty sure the confidence stems from last November's b****slapping which caused you so much personal shock and grief when your reallity got unskewed.

14. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

http://hotair.com/archives/2013/05/...rnment-rush-limbaugh/comment-page-1/#comments

15. Doctor Robert

Doctor Robert Contributing Member

The genius of the GOP is that their talking points are repeated SO OFTEN and are SO EASY to regurgitate that they create an army of parrots around the country to spew on every internet bulletin board, TV show, Facebook page, etc. The tone is also incredibly simple to master. Once you repeat something often enough, it somehow gets engaged with reality.

I've read about "false memories". You don't have to be dumb or senile to be susceptible to them, but it is a fact that mere suggestion is enough to cloud someone's memory or plant an idea. It's like that fish you caught 10 years ago that was 28 pounds. At parties, you round up to 30 pounds, and then once you misspoke and said 35. Somehow that came back around, and now you've completely forgotten what originally happened and the fish just keeps growing from there. Same thing in politics. Just keep repeating things and they become a self-referential message, even if they don't make sense. I've even seen PBS get wrapped up in this stuff (yes, the evil creators of Sesame Street).

All that said, I'm not sure what the point of this thread is?? If it were in the GARM, it would be locked by now.

1) Of course Obama dislikes Rush Limbaugh. Limbaugh hates Obama, and has made a career opposing liberal politics. He does it with a highly abrasive and mean-sprited style. I don't think any Republican would disagree with that. If Obama (and every liberal) didn't dislike him, then they need to have their head examined. Likewise, if any Republican thinks Rush shouldn't be disliked by liberals, then they also need to have their head examined. Rush does the job he has set out to do well. He is a professional a**hole.

2) What is it news that Obama verbalized that? Of course he is exasperated about his situation. Would anyone in the world that is interested in getting something done be happy in Washington? Don't get me wrong... Democrats are their own kind of morons, but Republicans have just taken it to a level beyond comprehension. Everything is always "6 more months and we'll get rid of him"... or "wait until mid-terms". When did the pursuit of governing become 100% control?

3) Republican are always complaining about the Hollywood elite, yet they keep buying movie tickets, keep buying music, and keep watching TV. The Hollywood elite aren't any more political than anyone on this board. They just happen to get interviewed on TV, so you hear about their politics. Republicans have done a great job of demonizing that group, so... if your persona is about being persecuted, the Hollywood elite are an easy target to take that role for you. Otherwise... who really cares?

1 person likes this.
  16. Doctor Robert

Doctor Robert Contributing Member

17. Commodore

You clearly aren't a Rush listener. He's quite the happy warrior. He's so rich and at this point has such low expectations of politicians he has no need to be angry. His opening parody of an Obama press conference today was high comedy.

One of the dangers of Obama calling out a private citizen and elevating Rush is that low information voters (The View watching types) might be curious and tune in to his show.

18. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

Pretty sure he already attracts the low information voters. Or at least the "ignore the fact that it's complete fantasy information" voters.

19. Commodore

20. ThisIsOurCity

ThisIsOurCity Member

I was a Obama supporter in the 2008 election. I really thought he was the guy
    who was going to unite America. Unfortunately he has done the exact opposite, and his Chicago style politics are getting old fast.

This IRS scandal could become a huge black-mark on his administration and be a microcosm for the obama administration in general. Romney and Romney supporters had no change of winning the 2012 election why did Obama feel the need to do this? Reminds me a lot of watergate.