1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Obama’s One Day NBA Contract Irks 14th Man on Bulls’ Roster

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Fullcourt, Nov 11, 2008.

1. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

http://www.sportsmansdaily.com/obama...acontract.html

CHICAGO, IL (Sportsman’s Daily Wire Service) President-Elect Barack Obama is expected to suit up on December 6th to play for his hometown Chicago Bulls when they host the Washington Wizards. Though Bulls fans are thrilled, and most Americans are at the very least intrigued by seeing their next president hit the hardwoods, one person is angered.

Bulls’ backup guard Thabo Sefolosha will be dropped from the roster for one day to make room for Obama.

“Anyone can see this is a stunt,” the second year guard from Switzerland said snidely. “I get it, OK? He’s an Illinois senator, Chicago is his adopted hometown, he plays basketball. the whole thing is real cute, -- But taking a solid, albeit inconsistent player off an NBA roster to accommodate the future leader of the free world just flat out sucks.”

“I understand Thabo’s feelings,” said Bulls’ Head Coach Vinnie Del Negro. “But he needs to understand that this is a once in a lifetime event and we have to seize it. We haven’t seen a moment like this since Richard Nixon pitched to Angel Mangual.”

The Secret Service is discussing security detail with the Bulls organization and will increase safety measures between now and when the game is played.

“The President-Elect is very excited about playing for the Bulls,” said Chairman of the Democratic National Committee Howard Dean . “I am too – so much so that I could just scream.”

Del Negro did indicate that Obama would only play for about a minute at the very beginning of the game starting for Kirk Hinrich, and would then be removed for the Bulls’ starting guard and co-captain.

“He’s got moves,” added Del Negro. “He’s surprisingly quick off the dribble for a man of forty-seven, and has an excellent twelve foot jumper. I could actually see him starting for the Clippers.”

The Wizards are excited about the game but insist they will not lay down for Obama.

“I’m taking it to him,” said Wizards’ guard DeShawn Stevenson. “I love the dude and all, but if he tries that crossover **** with me, I’ll drop him – With all due respect of course.”

2. vcchlw

vcchlw Contributing Member

It looks like Clutch's annual April Fools' material. Someone please tell me it's a joke.

3. Xenochimera

Xenochimera Contributing Member

lmao obama sure loves all the attention he is getting, but gota draw the line somewhere.

4. SirCharlesFan

SirCharlesFan Contributing Member

that is REALLY good. it's not so over the top to be unbelievable. I have to admit it had me going.

5. ShiniKashi

ShiniKashi Member

well written...nice job

6. Illmatic

Illmatic Member

Gold. lol, the funny thing is this sounds like something the real stevenson will say

7. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

8. drumbum

drumbum Member

9. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Love the Clippers line. :D

10. Sofine81

Sofine81 Member

This is so lame.....I mean if Bush did this he would be getting trashed :rolleyes: real lame.....

11. Illmatic

Illmatic Member

its not real, its just a joke. read the other articles on the site. even by reading the comments of the coach and players, you should know its a hoax

12. Sofine81

Sofine81 Member

I didnt go to the website....... :eek:

13. Illmatic

Illmatic Member

lol, please do, they got some stuff on yao too

14. crossover

crossover Contributing Member

15. Sofine81

Sofine81 Member

Maybe I will.......

16. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

Bush can't hoop. Obama can.

17. Coach AI

Coach AI Contributing Member

lol

:eek:

18. Drexlerfan22

Drexlerfan22 Contributing Member

[​IMG]

19. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

To be honest, I was falling for it, and then realized Kirk Heinrich is injured so if this were real then they wouldn't have to drop anyone. Actually, I don't even know how "dropping" somebody from a roster for one day is even possibly. I should have just realized the silliness of the whole thing from the start. :eek:

20. ferrari77

ferrari77 Contributing Member

As soon as it mentioned Thabo Sefolosha getting dropped I knew it was a joke.
    Out of all the scrubs on the roster why would it be Thabo over Michael Ruffin or Cedric Simmons.