1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

NYC mayor de Blasio makes racist joke in scripted skit with Hillary Clinton

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by bigtexxx, Apr 12, 2016.

1. BleedRocketsRed

2. edwardc

edwardc Member

Since when has it not been the right thing to do comedians have been doing it for years . And it's been ok I see where you can how it looks as though it is racial but remember it's been done for years just because these two were not being PC and making a joke of it doesn't make it ok but it was just a joke.

3. edwardc

edwardc Member

4. BleedRocketsRed

Honestly this isn't even the worst racist joke Hillary has even made.

Here is one she made about Indians and gas stations a few years back:

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/e1Mq8kOXV_E" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

5. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Member

This is tacky as hell. I had forgotten about this.

6. Dubious

Dubious Member

Do you think any of this will influence the election?
    Could the GOP be any more obstructive to a 'vile' Ms. Clinton than to the honorable sitting President of the last 7 years.

BFD

7. DonnyMost

DonnyMost Member
    Supporting Member

Was Leslie Odom in on the joke/setup? Or was his "I... I don't like jokes like that" genuine disapproval?

It's honestly hard to tell.

8. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Member

...aaaaand Hillary is now blaming de Blasio for the skit.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/201...-york-city-mayors-shoulders.html?intcmp=hpbt2

In the sketch at the city's annual Inner Circle charity show, de Blasio said he took so long to endorse Clinton for president because he was running on "CP time", an apparent reference to the stereotype of African-Americans being late for appointments. Clinton then interjected: "Cautious politician time. I've been there."

"Well, look, it was Mayor de Blasio's skit," she told Cosmopolitan.com. "He has addressed it, and I will really defer to him because it is something that he's already talked about."

Many of the New York politicians, power brokers and reporters in the room laughed at the joke. But as word of the sketch spread via social media, the coverage became scornful. The Daily News blared "Skit for Brains" on its Tuesday front page. And New York magazine made reference to the mayor's black spouse, asking, "Does your wife, Chirlane (McCray), know about this joke?"

9. BleedRocketsRed

I posted a similar article in the previous page but yes blaming others for her actions is not a good move when you are running for president.

10. DrLudicrous

DrLudicrous Member

You should send in your resume so you can help de Blasio be more subtle while calling African Americans lazy.

11. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Proud to campaign for the next President of the United States, <a href="https://twitter.com/HillaryClinton">@hillaryclinton</a>. <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/ImWithHer?src=hash">#ImWithHer</a> <a href="https://t.co/PHRT4M1EZF">pic.twitter.com/PHRT4M1EZF</a></p>&mdash; Chirlane McCray (@Chirlane) <a href="https://twitter.com/Chirlane/status/717690776390660096">April 6, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

12. Dubious

Dubious Member

He is not up for election, and he won in a landslide with 73% of the vote.

again, reasonable politics

13. BleedRocketsRed

She's running for President of the United States.

Blaming someone for a skit she participated in is something a child would do.

14. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Member

Aside from whites are there others crying about the skit or its all just faux outrage?

15. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Member

Since this joke is such an outrage and all, I'm sure the black vote will now abandon her. Either they'll vote for Trump -- I have bbs sources that tell me he's popular with black people -- or just stay home. Right?

I do find it ironic that in an election year where the Republicans have all been pushing back against political correctness (which is apparently destroying the nation), they are very quick to enforce political correctness on Clinton for that terrible joke.

16. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

In fairness to texxx, I believe he has long been very clearly in favor of political correctness. He brought this up, he was steadfastly against Obama's joke (which) Obama apologized for regarding special olympians etc. All of his posts in this thread show a strong belief and adherence to political correctness. I think he's been consistent.

17. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Member

watch the video - you can start with the ones present

18. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Member
    Supporting Member

Doesn't he complain about political correctness in the college scene though?

19. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

Maybe, I judge him by his actions more than by his words.

20. Nook

Nook Member

Honestly bigtexxx is and has been politically correct consistently and has spoken out against language that isn't politically correct.

I.... on the other hand am not politically correct........ CP is a real thing.... and white people really do like mayonaise, fundamentalist Muslims are dangerous and men that will not work hard are losers.

1 person likes this.