1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Nothing like an I-phone

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Brando2101, Sep 6, 2008.

1. Brando2101

Brando2101 Member

Ever since the 3g I-phone was released, it's been plagued with reports of slow internet, buggy aps, dropped calls and slow responsiveness.

What they don't tell you is that it's made of brass balls.

I was at fiesta Texas last saturday and after riding The Superman ride, my iphone was gone. No idea what the hell happened to it. Thought i was screwed. Odd thing was that when I called it, it didn't go strait to voicemail.

Flash forward to last wednesday and I get a call from six flags, they found the phone (it was missing its case) out under the ride and they powered it up and it works fine.

Picked it up yesterday and aside from it's normal slow responsiveness with the keyboard, it works great.

lucky.

2. farrisdabis

farrisdabis Member

I've never had any problems with my iPhone besides the slow keyboard. I don't know if I got lucky but I've never had any problems with dropped calls or anything like that. I have seen other iPhones screens crack at high impacts though. But I've heard if you tell Apple the screen cracked while charging because it got too hot, they'll replace it.

3. ryan17wagner

ryan17wagner Member

My iPhone is amazing. Everything is perfect. No dropped calls, keyboard is fine. I love it.

4. DonnyMost

DonnyMost Member
    Supporting Member

No complaints here.

I submerged mine in a freaking swimming pool for 30 minutes and it worked fine after I dried it out.

5. v3.0

v3.0 Member

Mine survived a nuclear holocaust and the ongoing battle between human and machines.

6. Yao_Mac

Yao_Mac Member

I think I'm one of the one's that had a lot of problems with the 3G but I think the 2.0.1 firmware update fixed a lot of the problems

My phone overheated and that drained the batteries real fast, keyboard lag, text lag (would get a text that was 3-4 hrs old), etc...but it's been so much better since the update

7. Surfguy

Surfguy Member

can you get one yet? or, are they still selling out? i just want to know if i go to the at&t store...whether they will actually have one yet. has the hoopla died down yet?

8. halfbreed

halfbreed Member

Go to an Apple store and they will have them in stock.

9. Storm Surge

Storm Surge Rookie

Only thing bad about the iPhone is everyone has it. Like the Blackberry.

Good for Apple, but it pisses me off. That's why I won't get one. Although I have an iPod Touch.

10. the futants

the futants Member

I've had no problems with my iPhone. It's one of the original ones...not the 3G.

11. Jeremiah

Jeremiah Member

This makes no sense.

12. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

I love my iPhone. It's ridiculous how cool it is to have so much stuff jammed into that phone.

13. Chopped

Chopped Member

my N95 8gb > Iphone :p

14. ClutchCityReturns

My dad dropped his Blackberry in the toilet at work and after drying it out everything worked except the mute button. Plus it stinks now but we can't figure out why. :p

15. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

that is a bug, the apple store should swap it out for you if it does that. a lot of pple have that problem and my friend at the apple store said she was told to give pple new iPhones if it happened.

16. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

Actually it makes a lot of sense:
    • by being mainstream, the iPhone starts to lose it's readily support because there is such a large customer base for it
    • being a main stream product apple will cut corners in order to lower it's pricepoint
    • apple will rush buggy firmwares to fix older buggy firmwares because their large customer base demands it

look at the facts, as every new firmware comes out, the iPhone get's buggier. The first iPhone's rarely crashed, but with the implementation of the App store more bugs come out daily. Look at the Apple market before they started to get mainstream. They rarely crashed, rarely had problems, had specific hardware, etc. Then, in an attempt to make the apple laptops more mainstream the incorporation of the x86 procs have caused a great deal of issues, and because the larger customer base requires more compatibility, the newest OS from apple has more points of vulnerability than any of its predecessors, even more than Vista! The facts don't lie, as a product becomes mainstream the demand for further compatibility raises and because of it problems and defects arise.

17. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

18. Yao_Mac

Yao_Mac Member

The firmwares fixed my buggy iPhone (for the most part)

Mine would get really hot (draining the battery), I would get text messages real late, and my sound wouldn't work so I would get missed calls a lot because my ringtone wouldn't go off (it wouldn't vibrate either had to restart it a lot)

I haven't experienced any of these bugs since the 2.0.1 update (the text bug is still out there but doesn't happen as frequent)

19. VesceySux

VesceySux Member

I've got an original iPhone, and I've dropped it so many times in the past year, I can't keep count. Besides a few scratches on the top, it still works like a champ.

20. airbulllard

airbulllard Member

I recently updated my iphone, and now, when i get a text message and don't unlock to read it, it will keep alerting me about how i have that same received text message every few minutes.

anyone else have this happen to them? solutions to get rid of it? i just want it to alert me ONCE like it used to, and then stop.

i was thinking it may have something to do with the Data Fetch setting, but i have it set to 30 minutes, and the alert comes in shorter time intervals. i haven't timed it, but probably around 10 minutes.

help?