1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Nintendo Wii

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by MadMax, Nov 28, 2007.

1. MadMax

MadMax Member

I posted this in D&D accidentally...sorry moderators!!!

I'm looking for a Wii in Houston. Anyone seen any for sale within the past couple of days anywhere?? I've called around and can't find one.

2. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!
    Supporting Member

I'll sell you mine for $1000.

3. MadMax

MadMax Member

no, i'm good, thanks.

4. hotballa

hotballa Contributing Member

Max,

if you're willing to pay for the shipping, I can pick one up from Nintendoworld in NYC for you ($270.61 w/tax) if you need it badly.

5. MadMax

MadMax Member

i'll find one here eventually...i'd just like to get it sooner rather than later.

6. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate

good luck finding one for your kids they will love it.

I goth kids one last christmas and they play it every chance they get.

7. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Member
    Supporting Member

good luck. Calling around, wont cut it. You are going to have to get somewhere and get there EARLY before the store opens.

Try the bigger places, like toys r us, target, etc. they get bigger shipments on....i just cant remember which days,.

It's amazing that the wii is still hard to get. I was getting galaxy and some younger kid was telling me about running around town all day looking for 1...it was his 8th store.

happy hunting...it wont be easy, but if you get there early enough you will get one.

8. mulletman

mulletman Member

i saw someone buying one at the toys r us on westheimer (by the galleria) last monday. no clue if they still have any left after the black friday craziness...

9. lpbman

lpbman Member

I can't believe the Wii is pulling this off. They've been selling for profit essentially since they debuted. A good product and some artificial shortages will do that I guess. Sorry I'm no help.

10. MR. MEOWGI

MR. MEOWGI Contributing Member

11. chestr

chestr Member

if you really really want it then you could always go craigslist and end up paying about $400+ for one.

but if you don't wanna get ripped then try calling stores and ask them if they know when they're getting new shipments in (not even necessarily wii's cause I don't think they always know what they're getting) and check those days if they have wii's. yeah its alot of work.

this site is constantly checking sites for wii's in stock: http://www.xpbargains.com/wii_locator.php so if you check it often enough you might get lucky and catch a wii when it's in stock like at amazon. note they will sell out in like less than 10 minutes so you ought to get the RSS feed or something fed directly to you

not much else i can say. i picked one up with my friend at gamestop in baybrook mall on black friday cause it was in their ad. got there at like 4am and by 6 when it opened the line was like over 100 people. oh yeah and having insiders always helps. my friends mom got one cause she works with the mall and they gave some of the employees first dibs.

good luck

12. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Member
    Supporting Member

artificial shortages? i never understood/agreed with that conspiracy theory. they are producing 1.8 mill a month. who would have known it was going to be this popular? Why would they leave money on the table?

13. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Member
    Supporting Member

yup. And get to the store way before it opens. take some coffee, chairs and a blanket :cool:

14. updawg

updawg Member

check out costco. I think I've seen them there.
    I got one a few weeks ago from Frys.

(this is all based on Austin info)

15. jcee15

jcee15 Member

My friend, who works at Fry's, told me they get shipments every Thursday. Just go early Thursday or Friday and you should get one.

16. kaleidosky

kaleidosky Your Tweety Bird dance just cost us a run

I got one on a Friday morning (around 11 am) at a Toys R Us. I assume they get their shipments either Thurs nite or Fri morn, cause they were sold out when I called back that evening at 5 pm.

17. gifford1967

gifford1967 Member
    Supporting Member

Or just get your wife to get you one.

Best birthday present evar111!!!!1111

She rocks.

18. hotballa

hotballa Contributing Member

19. Bono

Bono Member

the Wii is in the Best Buy ad for this coming sunday so try there early Sunday morning.

20. MadMax

MadMax Member

yeah...i talked to best buy on the phone today and they said to be there sunday, too.