1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Live Rockets Discussion
    We are ONE DAY AWAY from the NBA Draft and knowing what the Rockets will do with the #3 selection. We're talking Rockets and the NBA Draft LIVE at 8:00pm CT!

Talking Rockets - LIVE!
  3. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

>>Nintendo DS Question

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Outlier, Oct 18, 2009.

1. Outlier

Outlier Member

I have a DS Lite and it's been collecting dust for years, but I recently have the urge to make use of it and get some games for it. My question is, is it possible to buy a memory card and put games into it and play games? Because I know for certain the PSP can do that. If it is possible, can anyone help me figure out what memory card to buy and show me how much it costs? And where to download games?

Thanks...

Also... are there any DS chargers out there I could use that can support 220 voltage?? Because I'm in a country with mostly 220 voltage sockets and my current DS charger only supports 110. Thanks.

2. tested911

tested911 Member

Where have you been? DS was the first and took the PSP hackers a while to figure it out..

Youtube > Type R4

So many variants out there that you can buy a card for less than 8 bucks..

http://www.dealextreme.com/

3. Depressio

Depressio Contributing Member

I bought an M3 miniSD for my DS about 3.5 years ago. Works fine still. They've gotten a lot more sophisticated since I bought mine, too.

As for downloading games, giving you a link to them would be illegal. But there's nothing stopping me from linking you to Google which will link you to a great site... :)

4. Outlier

Outlier Member

Ok so basically...

I can go to Fry's and ask for a Nintendo DS M3

then bring it home and download something to make it work

can someone simplify that part for me? I'm looking at youtube videos and it looks complicated as heck. a lot of dragging and dropping and crap

5. Depressio

Depressio Contributing Member

I doubt Fry's has this stuff. You'll likely have to order the card(s) online.

It's a lot easier than it is with console systems. There's no modchips or anything like that, just a bypass card that skips over Nintendo's OS. My particular model has two cards: a bypass that goes in the DS card slot, and the actual miniSD card reader that goes in the GBA card slot. You store the games on the miniSD card using their software, and viola.

6. tested911

tested911 Member

Sorry McGrady I don't want to sound like an A$@ but if you think it is complicated after watching the youtube videos then you are a noob to the internet or have ZERO technical skills.

My best advice to you is look on craigslist and buy one with games already on it. Or post an add stating "Need a R4 card or similar for DS Lite"...I'm pretty sure you can get a call within a week.

But if your willing to try it on your own then this is what you will have to do.

1. Buy Online (That website I gave you earlier)
    2. Research about Utorrent
    3. Research about BitTorrents
    4. D/L Utorrent
    5. Research (Google + YouTube ) on R4
    6. Visit sites where you can d/l NDS files (NDS is the file extension to DS games)
    7. Copy to card you bought online
    8. Insert card into DS.

Depending on your card you normally have to buy a microSD to go with it. This is where you place the NDS files into. (NDS files (games) > onto MicroSD > into the Card you bought online. Also after buying the card online your most likely going to load it with the latest system files for that card. So your going to have to go to the manufacturers website for those.

RESEARCH,research,Research,, It's not that hard.... If you have ever d/l anyting in your life then it's that easy.