1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

NFL releases partial 2007 season schedule

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by ryan17wagner, Mar 26, 2007.

1. ryan17wagner

ryan17wagner Member

The feel-good story of last year and the defending Super Bowl champions will square off in Week 1 when the Saints travel to Indianapolis to take on the Colts in the NFL's first game of the season.

NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell disclosed a partial list of the league's TV schedule at the NFL owners meeting in Phoenix.

The Bears will face the Chargers in the main national tilt on the season's first full Sunday of games while the Dallas Cowboys and New York Giants will renew their rivalry in the year's first Sunday night game.

ESPN will have a Monday night doubleheader in Week 1 with the Bengals hosting the Ravens and the Cardinals traveling to San Francisco to take on the 49ers.

The Lions and Cowboys will host their traditional Thanksgiving Day games with Detroit playing the Green Bay Packers and Dallas squaring off against the New York Jets.

For the second straight year, the NFL Network will host a Thanksgiving night game when the Colts head to Atlanta to face the Falcons.

2. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

Ok, my boys against the Jets would have made sense when Parcells was still coaching...Still should be a great game...

I think the Colts will be in the the AFC championship game next year, but won't go to the superbowl...btw, who wants to see the cardinals vs SF...

3. pirc1

pirc1 Contributing Member

Maybe Colts will win it all again next year, wouldn't that make all the Manning haters here happy! :p

4. RocketManJosh

RocketManJosh Contributing Member

Chargers win it all next year now that Marty isn't here to screw it up. Place your bets on them now ;)

5. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

Cardinals & 49er's on week 1 MNF? Do they want no one to watch?

I wish they would get rid of the Thanksgiving tradition of Dallas and Detroit. No one wants to see Detroit lose again and, well, I just hate the cowboys. Why not rotate this game with some rivalries?

6. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Didn't Detroit beat Dallas last year?

7. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Cardinals have Leinart, Boldin and Fitzgerald and I'm calling it right now, the Niners will win the NFC West in 2007.

8. conquistador#11

I've heard that in 2008-2009, the NFL wanst to start rotating the Thxgiving day games,as in not subjected to lions and cowboys.

9. dskillz

dskillz Contributing Member

Where did you hear that? I heard that the Thanksgiving game was not even on the agenda for the owner's meeting.

10. ryan17wagner

ryan17wagner Member

He made it up....

11. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

will the texans finally get an MNF game?

12. Iron McFist

Iron McFist Member

I do...

13. WhoMikeJames

WhoMikeJames Contributing Member

Lets hope. MNF is usually diverse with their selections unlike others (ABC *cough*).

14. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

the only way the texans get a primetime game is if we go 9-0.

15. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

maybe if they had Vince Young

*this is in response to the bears thread*

16. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

the titans don't have a primetime game.

17. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

well i kinda meant they would have a chance to go 9-0 if they had vince young.

18. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

okay, I now live in 2007.

If you want to jump on the spaceship thats following the comet and join us in 2007, feel free to.

Yeah, when we had the first pick, i wanted Vince Young. The Texans didn't get him. I was sad. I was pissed. but, it's a new day. the sun will still rise, and hot chicks still won't give me the time of day.

this whole Vince Young waa waa I'm going to be a Titans bull**** is old and moldy cheese from last year.

so to stay on topic.

The Texans will not be playing on primetime this year.
    Oh ****ing well.

19. Dave2000

Dave2000 Contributing Member

ESPN, might as well put the Texans on ESPN, then bump them off during the year, oh wait this is for the Texans not the Rockets....

which by the way, AMAZINGLY are on ESPN this week TWICE, in which they Clippers is game is for them to watch US, not the Lakers, Heat, Nuggets, or Spurs. Which brings up that i think we've won every game we've been on ESPN but the 2OT game vs. the Lakers in Dec.

20. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

wow man i apoligize. i kind of stated my point in the bears thread.

i hate to admit though (not trying to piss you off) when people write stuff like this it makes me want to bring up Mr. Young in the future.