1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[NFL] Pro Football Hall of Fame Inductions 2012

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by plutoblue11, Feb 5, 2012.

1. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

2. dharocks

dharocks Contributing Member

How on earth does Cris Carter keep getting snubbed?

3. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

How in the world did Bill Parcells not make it as a coach?

I must also add even with cap cheating and corruption case, how in the hell did Eddie DeBartolo Jr, not make it? He was one of the central contributors for one of most successful runs in NFL history.

I have nothing against Curtis Martin and Cortez Kennedy. But, both players are very humdrum compared to some of the other candidates. Though, I have to again say Kennedy was about the best player at his position. While, I'm not sure Martin ever was, but he does have longevity in his favor.

When he first came into league Emmitt and Barry were in their primes with guys, like Ricky Watters, Jerome Bettis, Robert Smith,

Little later, you had backs, like Terrell Davis, Jamal Anderson, Stephen Davis, Eddie George, and super Marshall Faulk.

In 2000s, I see players, like Edgerrin James, Shaun Alexander, Fred Taylor, Tiki Barber, Ladanian Tomlinson (automatic HOF), Priest Holmes, and Ahman Green who mostly will be on the outside of Canton. Again, I thought Martin was a very good back, but if you throw all of the non Hall of Fame players listed, he's not even in top 5.

Cris Carter and Tim Brown are almost travesties for not being inducted.

4. rimrocker

rimrocker Contributing Member

This is a good class. Screw all those pretty boy "skill" players getting all the pub and love. The game is played on the line and we need more linemen in the Hall.

There are 52 modern era QBs and RBs in the Hall (plus 24 WRs) and only 37 O linemen. Yet 5 O linemen play every play and only 2-3 of the QB/RBs play each play. that's absurd. You're telling me the percentage of great QB/RBs is that much greater than the percentage of great linemen?

Please. Jim Brown and Earl Campbell are the only ones to ever play a skill position that could get in the Hall without linemen.

And no, I'm not bitter about being a tackle in HS and never getting a date with a cheerleader. Seriously, I'm completely over it.

5. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

[​IMG]

6. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/dfR6aJYjVOc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>