1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Newt, Trent and Tom

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Dubious, Apr 11, 2005.

1. Dubious

Dubious Member

?[​IMG]
    demagogue - 1 : a leader who makes use of popular prejudices and false claims and promises in order to gain power
    (http://www.m-w.com/cgi-bin/dictionary?va=demagogue)

Is there anything more fulfilling in this life than rightous retribution? Really, I'm almost embarassed at the irony of my own glee in watching the tide turn against this self-rightous little napoleon. But it is a testament to American system of government and it's fourth estate component that endemically prevents the abuse of power.

The party can castrate him, the courts can tie him in knots but will the people of Sugar Land abandoned their bug man?

2. RocketMan Tex

RocketMan Tex Member

I've heard rumors that Gordon Quan is gearing up for a run at the Democrat slot for this congressional seat.

If Gordon Quan gets it, you can kiss Tom DeLay goodbye. Quan has proven to be a formidable city councilman and has solid support among the Asian community. They will come out in droves to vote for him, and DeLay will be a goner.

3. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Member

Did anyone else expect a joke thread?

Ok, ok, I get the jokes, but I'm not laughing.

4. u851662

u851662 Member

It is disappointing to see that amongst all the allegations on this mans head, the people of SugarLand still will vote for him. The unfotunate thing about this whole thing is, if he plays his cards right and lays low until the next election, the people will forget. And he will be re-elected again. Why cant the rich folk in Sugarland see through this guys bull$hit!