1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

New Jersey Numbers

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Mr. Slim Citrus, Feb 18, 2004.

1. Mr. Slim Citrus

Mr. Slim Citrus Contributing Member

I noticed that Keith Van Horn, who's worn #2 in the NBA for as long as I can remember, has changed his number to 44; that has to be due, at least in part, to the fact that that number was worn by Junior Bridgeman, and has since been retired by the Bucks.

While #3 has not been retired by Portland, it is currently being used by Damon Stoudamire, so I can understand why Shareef Abdur-Rahim changed his number.

What vexes me a little bit is that Rasheed Wallace, who used to wear #30, is now #36 in Atlanta, and that Tim Thomas and Nazr Mohammed, who used to be numbers 6 and 2 respectively, are now #5 and 13 on the Knicks. To the best of my knowledge, none of these player's old numbers have been retired by their current teams, nor are they currently being used by any of their new teammates; does anyone know why any of them changed their numbers?

2. rimbaud

rimbaud Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Uhhh...Van Horn was:
    #44 with Utah
    #44 with the Nets
    #4 with the Sixers
    #2 with the Knicks.

You must have a short memory.

3. Mr. Slim Citrus

Okay, I stand corrected on Van Horn; what about the other three?

4. Mr. Slim Citrus

I have recently been informed that I was wrong about Thomas' jersey as well; anybody know about 'Sheed?

5. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.

well this thread is off to a rousing start.

6. Mr. Slim Citrus

Eh, I'm used to it; people don't like to reply to my threads around here. I think I'm discriminated against for being a Kings fan... ;)

EDIT - Or, maybe it's the teal... nah....

7. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

The teal? No way, I'm sure everyone loves the teal. Of course, I didn't know you were a Kings fan, so maybe it is the teal. Or, more likely yet, we don't know the answer to your number-changing questions, so we haven't responded. Just a theory.

8. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Looking at the title, I thought you were talking about the Nets' statistical numbers.