1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

New internet "Golden" voice guy

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by OkayAyeReloaded, Aug 3, 2011.

1. OkayAyeReloaded

Supporting Member

Apparently this guys is getting comparisons to the homeless guy with the radio voice, his video got a quarter million views on it's first day:

"Lastly, remember Ted Williams, the homeless man from Cleveland with the "golden" radio voice? Well there's a new viral crooner in town. Gary Russo, a construction worker from Queens, New York, spends his lunch break at a New York City work site singing Frank Sinatra songs. His rendition of old blue eyes is so good a passerby named David Fischer videotaped Russo and uploaded his singing to YouTube. In just one day the video has gotten a quarter-million views. We spoke to Fischer, who said Russo hasn't even seen the video yet. Fischer also told us that Russo's singing secret is out. A picture on Fischer's Facebook wall shows news cameras swarming Russo."

-Yahoo news "trending now"

<iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/yoOwCSgvNs0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

2. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

That's one of my favorite Sinatra songs. Pretty neat.

3. Yao11

Yao11 Member

Same for myself! I'm a big Sinatra fan. I would be very happy if someone signs this guy.

4. Dei

Dei Member

Wow. Hope he gets a good writer unlike Susan Boyle.

5. Garner

Garner Member

America's Got Talent

These are the people who win.

6. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

Whatever happened to the other guy, Ted Williams?

7. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

Not going to have the same impact. Won't have people signing him up for things, etc.

He's not black, homeless, or rehabbing from drugs. :eek:

This guy was actually WORKING while he was discovered... not a "feel good" story. :p

8. Dei

Dei Member

Back to drinking and getting homeless.

9. Royals Ego

Royals Ego Member

NYC construction is terrific money, 2:30 spent singing that song... about 5 bucks

10. bratna8

bratna8 Member

You mean this guy?

[​IMG]

11. liljojo

liljojo Member

We don't have enough crooners anymore.

12. SunsRocketsfan

He's goodjudo unit amazing. doubt he will make it or get signed. he can definitely get a job on a cruise ship or in a Vegas lounge if he doesn't want to do construction though

13. Honey Bear

Honey Bear Contributing Member

Singers are a dime a dozen these days. I want one of these construction guys/homeless guys to pick up a spalding basketball and be the next Rafer Alston. That's a story I can get behind.