1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

New CDs

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Vengeance, Nov 7, 2002.

1. Vengeance

Vengeance Contributing Member

There have been a BUNCH of good new CDs out recently. Which ones have you gotten?

The other day I got <b>Live from Bonnaroo</b>, and I have to say that this 2 CD set just plain RULES!! Good variety of music, great insert booklet, just all around awesome. I find myself wanting more -- if only they'd brought out a CD set of the full concerts or something, I'd have paid nicely for it. As it is, I'm gonna have to buy CDs of a lot of these groups because they are so awesome -- Jurassic 5, moe., Galactic, etc.

I also got <b>Gov't Mule - The Deep End vol. 2</b>. The sequel to last year's "Deep End vol. 1" where the band has favorite bass players guest on each song in the late Allen Woody's absence. So far, I like last year's effort better, but that's not to say this CD isn't great. I need to listen to it more for it to really grow on me, but I am especially LOVING the cover of Tower of Power's "What is Hip?".

Then today I went by and picked up:

<b>David Gray - A new day at midnight</b> - listening to it now. Not bad at all. It hasn't caught me quite like "White Ladder" did, but it's still pretty solid. I'll have to listen to the whole thing a few times before I can make a good judgement on it though.

<b>Nirvana</b> - that new black album. Looks like a lot of recycled material with that one new song on it. But because it's Nirvana I had to buy it.

<b>Blind Boys of Alabama - Real World</b> -- they're on that Bonnaroo CD, and I was very impressed. Then I saw them on David Letterman last night and I resolved to buy the new CD. After I purchased it, I noticed that Leon Mobley and Ben Harper both guest on it -- an added bonus!!

<b>DMB - Live at Folsom Field</b> -- Well, it's DMB, what more can you say. I haven't gotten a copy of this show earlier so that the new live release could be a surprise, kindof.

Upcoming purchases: Santana's new CD, Elv1s, Jack Johnson, and Lil' Flip's CD.

Speaking of which, when I went to pick up the David Gray CD, I accidentally picked up the new Justin Timberlake CD -- did you know he released a solo album? I had no idea . . . *shudder* . . . I was so embarassed to even be seen picking it up.

Which <b>new</b> CDs have you purchased lately? How are they?

2. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Theres the new ICP cd. #6, the wraith. It basically like any other icp cd, except they say stuff about god, and how he's the shagru'lai.