1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[NBCSports] Cavs offer for Paul Pierce

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by AndySwanny, Jun 23, 2013.

1. amaru

amaru Member

:eek::mad::(

2. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

OK. That partial guarantee is a great thing for the Celts and is much better than amnesty.

If they rebuild, Celts should waive or trade PP if he wants to leave so he can join a playoff team.

3. Han Solo

Han Solo Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/CW_JJ8SR5N0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

4. RKREBORN

RKREBORN Member

It's been done before little one

[​IMG]

5. clos4life

clos4life Member

If I were the Celtics I would jump on this deal.

6. HOUSTONJS

HOUSTONJS Member

My Heart! :(:(:(:mad::mad::mad:

7. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Stupid moves for the Cavs, would barely add any wins to their team and possibly stunt the development of their young wing players.

This is not the time for them to get patient. They need to draft smart and sign young players. Varejao, Thompson, Gee, Waiters and Irving is a very nice line up that could make the playoffs in the East.

At least make a move for Granger - that guy might be worth extending at the end of his contract.

8. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Agreed. Cavs have way more important things to do than add Paul Pierce. Really, that's how you want to use your cap space? Not sure I even believe they're interested in that deal.

9. Kojirou

Kojirou Member

Gee? Honestly? Gee's a nobody. I think it's a great move for Cleveland - gets them a legitimate SF ( which they don't have at all) and lets them push forward, because they can't tank forever.

10. nt24

nt24 Member

Morey should get in on this, offer the C's T-rob in a 3-way for those 2nd rounders,

Seeing that they're essentially set on the rebuilding process, might as well take a flyer on t-robs potential.

11. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

This...if we traded Hakeem, any thing can happen...Likewise with Kobe...sometimes the bottom line is the red line, and teams have to make a decision

12. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

Franchise legend? Paul Pierce was a star player in his younger days, but he was no Hakeem. Now, that guy was a franchise legend.

13. DM'sVP

DM'sVP Member

sounds great for everyone not named pierce. if I am the celtics i take the trade and figure out something for KG straight rebuild mode with Rondo.

this is also the smartest move by the cavs since they drafted James.

i am just praying that one of the Jr's drop to the rockets

14. kjayp

kjayp Member

Unless Cavs are a piece (Pierce) away from making a real run... then it's a stupid move on their part... 2nd rd rookie scale contracts are gold with the new cba.... heck if we get a first for TRob, I'd swap it to the C''s for those 2 2nd rd picks... 2nd rd picks and undrafted players are really the only way you can put talent (untapped) around 2 or 3 superstars....

15. da_juice

da_juice Member

Pierce has maybe one year left of being a quality playey. He's the type of guy you put on an established team (like the Clippers). Not one where you're going to have a rookie and two sophmores starting; not one where you'll likely get out in the first round.

16. Scolalist

Scolalist Member

If its the best offer and you don't want to spend $5 million buying him out then I don't see a better option.

17. da_juice

da_juice Member

Magic send Affalo to Pacers, Pacers send Granger to Cavs and a protected first to Orlando, Cavs send both 2nd round picks to Magic.

Who says no?

18. Sydeffect

Sydeffect Member

Aren't the Clippers like trading Bledsoe for Afflalo shortly?

19. conundrum

conundrum Rookie

Do you do this against Pierces wishes though? You know Paul has no desire to play for the Cavs and he wants to rejoin Doc in his hometown of LA to finish out his career. Could he hold out and make Cleveland buy him out or retire?

20. couple of d's

couple of d's Member

This never happened according to Tinman