1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[NBA] Parsons Almost Certain to leave if he was an unrestricted FA

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by bluffkin, Jun 30, 2014.

1. bluffkin

bluffkin Member

http://www.nba.com/2014/news/features/david_aldridge/06/30/morning-tip-free-agency-2014-carmelo-anthony-lebron-james-chris-bosh-2014-draft-recap/index.html?ls=iref:nbahpt3a

2. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

David Aldridge's opinion

3. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

David Aldridge. I'm not sure I would take that too literally... I think he just meant the Rockets wouldn't have much control, not that Parsons would be dying to bolt.

4. NotChandlerParsons

"Almost certain to leave"

By all reports he loves playing here and we would have still been able to pay him more than anyone else so I'm not sure how that works.

5. treyk3

treyk3 Member

Exactly, if Parsons really wants to leave he can pull a David Lee and accept the QO. Otherwise, anything he signs he does so knowing that Houston will match. Aldridge has been pretty hard on the Rockets lately.

6. dje243

dje243 Member

I think Parsons likes being a Rocket but I do think he would bolt for more money and an increased role somewhere else if he were unrestricted. Especially if LA or ORL offer him anything near a max contract. He's going to be overpaid but luckily this way we'll have the option to match (we're going over the cap anyway).

7. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

Don't really understand the logic there by 'almost certain to leave'.

8. Dat Dude

Dat Dude Member

Don't read anything into this.

9. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Anti-Rockets spin.

10. Pieman2005

Pieman2005 Member

Is David Aldridge not considered a viable source? I'm genuinely curious. I always thought he was respected

11. haydenfisher342

Better role? I guess starter isn't good enough. If hes looking for a star role and star money hes delusional. I hate almost all reports that have come out lately, most speak about their opinion as fact. They need to source or stfu.

1 person likes this.
  12. Nero

Nero Member

Actually I suspect he is assuming that next year we will already have another near-max player on the payroll, and wouldn't really be ABLE to re-sign Parsons without going into seriously painful luxury tax territory..

13. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

He is respected, but also opinionated.
    He will of course always be remembered for Damon Stoudamire, is a Rocket!:)

14. haydenfisher342

O i get it, he would leave because Houston this year will be at the cap. If he was unrestricted, Houston wouldn't be able to offer him 10 mil + because of the cap. Unless I'm missing somethin. If this is the case, blame it on the cap and not on Parsons. All it does is undermine the rockets organization.

15. Juxtaposed Jolt

Sexy Parsons in LA? So many women, so little time.

16. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

No, David Aldridge is not reliable anymore. He's been used and abused.

On top of all that, any respect anyone had for him should have been burned up when he gave that teary garbage interview before the Clippers game this year when he said his son asked him if they were going to allow him in the building. And then he emotionally said "I made it son, I made it." Or something along those lines. Geez that was embarrassing.

17. OlajuwonFan81

OlajuwonFan81 Member

I used to be a huge fan of D.A. but lately his reporting and opinions have been mediocre at best. At this point the only guys to follow are Woj and Stein.

18. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Yeah play a major part in bringing Dwight here and then look to bolt to a lottery team.

19. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Pure and utter speculation

20. Raven

Raven Member

It really doesn't matter. It shouldn't be surprising that he'd love to have the choice to play where he likes or that he might prefer a nicer city or more shots. Big deal. If the Rockets want to match, they will match. That's all that matters.