1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[NBA Open Court] T-Mac considered PED use

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by aussiejack, Oct 19, 2013.

1. aussiejack

aussiejack Member

[youtube]sYUENTCWe4s[/youtube]

2. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

Always like how Tmac was honest. Maybe too honest for his own good. But you rarely got cookie cutter answers out of the guy like we always hear.

3. SunsRocketsfan

I always like barkleys take on things. Agree with him or not he doesnt speak in cliches and bs.

Kobe is on some hgh for sure ;)

4. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I wish he'd have considered it a little bit more. Honestly though, I don't think it would have helped, he said what his real problem was
    "Because I didn't have the strength. I didn't have the confidence."
    He was a weak minded quitter, PED's can't fix that.

5. bmd

bmd Member

No, it's because when you lose your physical ability, it chips away at your confidence.

If he could have regained his physical tools, he would regain his confidence.

6. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

And I think if he'd have kept his confidence and remained mentally strong, he'd have regained his physical tools. Rehab isn't easy and those without the mental makeup for it often fail. McGrady failed.

7. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

I'm not sure "confidence" is as simple as "Can I still do it?" I think it includes, "Is my knee gonna blow out when I come down from a dunk?" etc., which is something beyond a player's will power.

Kobe, the most confident player in the world, may well have the "Is my tendon gonna blow out again?" problem too.

8. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

Once again, Tracy McGrady tells the media his medical plans before he tells the Rockets.

2 people like this.
  9. Thefabman

Thefabman Member

I dont really understand this, how are ped's gonna help you not be a woman?

10. aussiejack

aussiejack Member

PEDs in the form of gender reorientation therapy might have stop Tracy's menstrual cycle.

11. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

when he led the rockets to win 22 games in a row and he wasn't even healthy, imagine what a healthy t-mac could have done! :eek:

12. moose

moose Member

anyone know where i can watch full episodes of open court online?

13. Rox11

Rox11 Member

He isn't on the team anymore for one and two, this is a very private thing to actually have the guts to say on Television.

Credit to him for not giving in.

2 people like this.
  14. RV6

RV6 Member

Yeah, i dont like the warning Barkley suggested....you've got to give them a penalty, even after the first strike. A suspension, without pay, for 2-3 months, at least.

15. Yellow

Yellow Member

I'm not so sure he's 100% honest there and it's really annoying these serious discussions becomes so much about people just wanting to say something instead of really trying to discuss it on a high level. Kenny for instance just had to get in there and give this whole life philosophy speech that had little to do with it and then the whole it's not about money thing was embarrassing. Glad Steve Smith put him in check. That's why I like guys like Steve Smith in there. Actually Barkley is pretty good on here.

16. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Pretty sure Clutch was just being sarcastic.

17. WAYFARER713

WAYFARER713 Member

I wish he did juice it up.. We'd have 3+ rings in Houston right now... Tmac on some HGH..He'd be a beast.. That would be interesting to see..

Personally I feel PEDs are for the weak minded...

18. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

If he took PEDs in 2009, and we won the NBA title with Yao, Artest, Scola, Brooks, and those guys.

I would not have cared or liked him any less when it would have been revealed.

19. Karolik

Karolik Member

Problem wasn't the injury that derailed him. The problem was his work ethic before the injury. He took everything for granted. He could've been so much more.

20. Rox11

Rox11 Member

I could see however how someone can actually believe it because he does have a problem with being greedy, especially with this organization. It just feels like even when he tried to do the smart decisions he gets hammered for it.

With talent comes many goods and bad, he was at the top of the league and that must have caused some kind of self pride to stay there. It is not easy to just let go of something as big as that especially for players with an ego like his.
    For him to let go and do the right thing earns him a plus in my book but does not take away from all the negatives he did to the Rockets in his stay.