1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

NBA Live 2006 PC: anyone have it? Opinions?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by busta_cap, Nov 23, 2005.

1. busta_cap

busta_cap Contributing Member

I have been a loyal NBA Live PC player since NBA Live 99, and I've bought every single one that's come out since then. I always play the Rockets and have enjoyed all of them (some more than others, though).

Anyone here have the 2006 version, and how do you like it? I'm a longtime member of nba-live.com and have read many threads bashing the game. Of course that site features a lot of the standard forum "it has a few bugs, thus it is the worst game ever created!!!" crap, so I wanted to get the less-biased opinions of some folks outside of that whole arena.

• Should it run well on my system (specs below)?
    • Is it better than Live 2005 (which I loved)?
    • What are the major problems you have with it?
    • Do the problems outweigh the benefits of upgrading to 2006?

Thanx for the input! :)

system specs:
    Athlon 64 3000+ Venice | Chaintech VNF3-250 | 1.5gb Corsair VS PC3200 | BFG Geforce 6800OC | Maxtor 250gb EIDE | Memorex True8x DVD+/-RW | Mad Dog Multi DVD/CDRW 52x | Thermaltake Tsunami Dream Case | Aspire 520w dual fan PSU | SB Audigy LS | Logitech Z640 5.1 speakers (72w) | Logitech Cordless MX Duo kb/mouse | Logitech Wingman Cordless | Logitech Extreme 3D Pro stick | Logitech Premium Stereo Headset

EDIT: Duh! Just realized that this should probably not be in GARM. Mods please move it if you feel necessary.

2. arno_ed

arno_ed Contributing Member

I actually didn't like it that much, i loved 2005, i didn't stop playing it when i got it for weeks, and with nbalive2006 i haven't played it more then a couple of hours(i have to say, this time i have many other great games, but still i do not like it that much). Maybe i just have to get used to it.

3. Mr.Scary

Mr.Scary Member

It will run fine on that system (not much wont) ;)

Its not as good as 2005

Graphics wise its better than 2005 but not much else.

4. Samar

Samar Contributing Member

Live '06 is trash!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What did they do to such an awesome game last year.

Live '05 was an awesome game. They destroyed it. The Phoenix Suns are ruining basketball. Live '06 has no defense, just who the hell can score the most by the time the buzzer sounds.

For the first time in my life I stuck to play football games instead this year.

5. PhiSlammaJamma

x-box 2005 was really good. Haven't played the new one, because I heard it sucks.

6. busta_cap

busta_cap Contributing Member

Thanx for the responses all!

Is the lack of D your major complaint about Live 06? I think that can be corrected with sliders, just like the huge number of blocks in the 2005 release and the nonstop sprinting of 2004.