1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[NBA.COM] Mike D'antoni a perfect fit for the Rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by alethios, Jan 6, 2017.

1. alethios

alethios Member

SLRokJok, Remlap, Tha_Dude and 7 others like this.
  2. I am a Donut

I am a Donut Contributing Member

Boy, are we the cool kids right now, or what? People just can't stop writing about us. Not complaining, but feels a bit strange.

3. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Fran's still busy making up for writing that the Lakers would defeat the Rockets in the '86 Western Conference Finals. Still wiping the egg off his face, in my humble opinion (yes, I can have a long memory about some things, I can also repeat myself at times). Anyway, nice read. Very much like some other columns we've seen recently, which is a good thing.

jbasket and Plowman like this.
  4. TracywtFacy

TracywtFacy Member

Was he the one that came up with the "Choke City" headlines back in the day?

Anyway, some nice stories of redemption for the Rockets. MDA lost in the wilderness after Phoenix, Harden after last season's debacle, Ryno and Ego escaping bad situations and injury...

5. YallMean

YallMean Member

This. Ha, Mike to have a serious talk to Harden about his turnovers and Mike will be mad at Harden for his high TOVs?? :)

6. bongman

bongman Member

So many quotes that I loved but this one is my fave...

"“I don’t think I’ve ever had as much fun in my life just playing basketball,” said forward Ryan Anderson.

Hakeemtheking, Plowman and da_juice like this.
  7. topfive's_gf

topfive's_gf Member

I feel all warm and fuzzy inside. Always liked Ryno, even when he's infuriating on the court. He deserves to play on a great team, with all the heartache he's had in his career.

Fixed.

8. bongman

bongman Member

Indeed and what is so great that it projects a positive energy not only to the team but to us the fans. This season is indeed magical regardless of the final outcome.

9. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

media conspiracy

arabrocket likes this.
  10. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

If we get bounced in the first round by Utah, Memphis, or OKC I'd be disappointed, but would understand. I'm with you, this season has been such a blast, especially compared to last year. It doesn't matter what happens going forward, this year has been a success.

11. calcium

calcium Member

A good read. I wonder how different it would be if jvg was coach. More of the same from last year I am guessing. This year's team is v fun to watch

12. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

Nice read, despite the grammatical and spelling errors...does nobody edit any more?!

Mathloom, D-rock and rocketsfan611 like this.
  13. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

I've never enjoy this season so much since we had a legit center. Watching them shoot 3s and making a lot of them is something I've never seen with the Rockets. In past years, when the Rockets dig a deep hole, 9 out of 10 times they would not come back and win. This team, their odds are unlike past years. Truly, if they get knocked out in the first round, it is already a success for me. The blueprint for the Rockets is there for the future. I can't wait for Sunday, win or lose, we keep rolling.

14. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

If you like Harden at the 1 instead of 2
    If you think analytics reveal the truth
    If you like shooting all the 3s they say we shouldn't shoot
    Morey, I am perfect
    Morey, I am perfect for you

#14 Carl Herrera, Jan 7, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 7, 2017
    alethios likes this.
  15. Jontro

Jontro Member

amazing the effect bobby brown has

16. bleedroxred79

bleedroxred79 Member

Damn, what does that say about KJ?

17. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

The Reason D'Antoni's Pheonix team did not win a championship

Rocket River

D-rock likes this.
  18. DavidRocket

DavidRocket Member

Refresh my memory on this, but how did this prevent the Suns from winning a championship? Honest question

19. Remlap

Remlap Member

Stoudemire and Diaw were both suspended for a game for leaving the bench after that cheap shot by Horry.
    Horry suspended 2 games. But Stoudemire was a key player for the Suns at the time and Diaw effective as role player.
    Cost them a game and momentum I believe. Just Google it and you can read all about it

20. D-rock

D-rock Member

Rockets need to bring in Smoove to play Robert Horry role, Bev too important to use in that manner.