1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[NBA.com] Kings put No. 8 pick on trading block

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by plutoblue11, May 24, 2014.

1. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

Delete, if posted.

http://www.nba.com/2014/news/featur...ick-on-trade-block/index.html?ls=iref:nbahpts

2. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

Can they eat the salary of Lin and Asik?

3. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Member

Perfect spot for Parsons if Morey need to trade him for a pick. Parsons can totally get rich seducing and getting married to the owner's daughter.

4. Swishh

Swishh Member

Was thinking the same thing. I'd do that trade in a heartbeat. The Kings love being stuck in mediocrity. I don't think they can though, unless they get rid of gay.

Isn't Gay still under contract with them? No need for Parsons.

5. Rileydog

Rileydog Member

I'd deal parsons and our first. Rounder if Marcus smart is there.

6. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

I'm thinking their needs are pg and pf, while they are also looking to dump salary. I think for Smart...we might to trade with LA or Boston.

7. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

our best trade chips (parsons/asik) are at their strongest positions (boogie/gay). looks like we'd need a 3rd team.

but i also don't see how a lotto pick can help us win now. its a juicy bit of information to speculate on, but i don't see the rockets making an offer / reaching an agreement.

8. JayZ750

JayZ750 Member

Well if you look to Melonand not Love it's an interesting proposition. Trade to 8, hopefully find another type player. Keeps a window open for a while.

I'd draft Zach LaVine personally though he won't help nearly as quick as Lillard.

9. RV6

RV6 Member

I would have to think the Lakers would have interest in Parsons for the 7th. They don't have time for rookies, if Kobe is on the team.

The question is, who else goes with CP?

10. brantonli24

brantonli24 Member

I'll have to disagree. The Lakers are in a great position future-wise, they can either try to draft the next superstar, or flip it for K Love. If anything, this rebuilding time is perfect for getting a new rookie Laker star in while Kobe mentors him. They nearly succeeded with Bynum (drafting him at 13) except he turned out to be a complete idiot and not care about bball at all. Nobody else on the Rockets is good enough to be the next Laker star.

11. SHOKI3

SHOKI3 Member

Sac like lin right then we'll select shabazz napier

12. RoxBro

RoxBro Member

From the looks of it shabazz Napier May be available to us without trading up, which would be awesome. Kid can ball.

13. RightToCensor

RightToCensor Member

Parsons for #7 and McLemore.

14. RightToCensor

RightToCensor Member

#8.

OT: Can you not edit your posts? That's a bummer.

15. UtilityPlayer

UtilityPlayer Member

I doubt the Kings would do that. Asik might be the player they will be interested in. It is a deep draft this year.

16. RightToCensor

RightToCensor Member

It has been reported that Gay was going to opt out of his final year so SAC needs a SF.

17. opticon

opticon Member

I think if you can some how shed salary and come away with the 8th pick that is a move you make. Whether it Asik or Parsons.

If their goal really is to make the playoffs they should move Boogie to the 4 and have Asik play the 5.

I don't know who the kings value the least at the point Derek Williams or Jason Thompson. Either of them would be a nice throw in as part of a possible deal.

18. Asian Sensation

We do not have time for rookies. Lakers will hope a franchise player comes of their pick.

19. gah

gah Member

With him as president, I wouldn't be surprised if he tried to recruit Mark Jackson... to play for him. Also, lucky for them Chris Childs and Ryan Bowen are retired.

20. gah

gah Member

Wrong thread.