1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

NBA 2K3

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by austinrocket, Mar 24, 2003.

Tags:
  1. austinrocket

austinrocket Member

Do you guys play that game online? If so what are your screen names.

2. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

nope...NBA LIVE is where i chill if i am bored.

3. HAYJON02

HAYJON02 Contributing Member

i realize im responding to a topic in the wrong forum but eh. i just ordered 2k3 for $15 after playing 2k2 for 2 days and getting addicted. is 2k3 really worse than 2k2 and why? anyone care to indulge?

4. Parlett316

Parlett316 Contributing Member

I play.

Parlett316

5. Chicken Boy

Chicken Boy Member

2K3 was extremely rushed, and it shows. Lots and lots of bugs. For instance, the game freezes when the computer steps out of bounds while making outlet passes. Also, the collision detection is very frustrating, i.e. basketball often goes right through the hand of a defender when blocking or stealing. Among many more bugs.

With that said though, it is still a very fun game, bottom line. Much better than Live, which was made for fookin three year olds.

6. Ghettostar85

Ghettostar85 Member

2k3 is comming to sweden this week,im thinking of buying it........i already have live 2003 but i donĀ“t like it very much.....do u guys think i should buy 2k3? im a big fan om the 2k series

7. dn1282

dn1282 Member

NBA Live (the whole series, including 2003) is the absolute WORST basketball game ever made. It took me about 30 minutes to beat the game in "superstar" mode against the #1 ranking team (lakers). And I used one of the worser teams...Golden State.

Here are a few reasons why nba live 2003 is the absolute worst game ever made:

- The gameplay is not real. In superstar mode, Shaq backs you down and dunks on you 100/100 times...even if you quintuple team him.

- Derek Fisher can drop 50 points and 15 assists on your ass...enough said.

- The computer fast breaks for an easy dunk 10/10 times after you miss shot. So you better hope you make your shot or it's two points for the opponent.

- crosscourt passes made by you out of a double team in the low post is almost always stolen if there is a defender anywhere near the path of the pass.

- the computer's defense is always unstoppable. Especially if you play in 1-on-1 mode. Its like the computer is holding you almost. Yet there's no way YOU can play that same type of defense.

- Devean George can drop 40 points on you. Once again, enough said.

Those are just a few reasons. This was when I played Rockets at Lakers and I used the Rockets. This was in superstar mode. I played this same matchup like 10 times. Everytime I won, but it was stupid and boring. I guess the only fun thing would be to play online. EA sports think they can make a game with awesome graphics and sell just based on that. NBA 2k3 has WAAAAAY better gameplay.

8. austinrocket

austinrocket Member

I think 2K3 is better than 2K2
    what makes the game so good is because it is so realistic. Well at least close enough because of the sliders.

9. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

Sega Sports has THE BEST Sports games ever...

NFL, NCAA Football, B-Ball, etc...

No comparison...

10. austinrocket

austinrocket Member

Madden is still tops on football.

11. LiTtLeY1521

LiTtLeY1521 Member

2k3 owns all. It's a great basketball game. I have not experienced many glithes or bugs at all. It's a wonderful game. It's similar to 2k2...but there are also many different features now. I love it!! I haven't tried it online yet though...

12. UTweezer

UTweezer Contributing Member

i wanted to start a clutch league, but only like 2 people responded...anyone interested?

13. Parlett316

The Live series was good until the botched the PS2 and XBox versions.

And Madden OWNS NFL 2K3. No contest.

14. UTweezer

UTweezer Contributing Member

how does madden own nfl 2k3? I'm assuming you've played both extensively to garner an opinion? Ea fanboy?

15. Parlett316

Yes, you are correct in your assumption that i'm an EA fanboy since I like NBA 2K3 over Live 2003. :rolleyes:

I play my sports games multiplayer 99% of the time. And I really don't like how my opponent can look at my play, I know I could pick the play on my VMU on Dreamcast but I haven't seen an option for that yet for the XBox version.

I also prefer Madden's franchise mode over NFL2k3's even though there are some parts of NFL2K3 that blows Maddens away.

And finally I prefer Madden's game engine over 2K3. It plays more realistic to me than the uber fast guys on 2K3.

16. Dave2000

Dave2000 Contributing Member

BTW, back to the subject my handle is

Dave2000

17. austinrocket

austinrocket Member

UTWeezer,
    I just got online PS2 the other day.
    im JIrwin320 on there. ill be int hre league or just play you sometime.
    let me know

18. austinrocket

austinrocket Member

btw, whats your name on there, ut weezer

19. LiTtLeY1521

LiTtLeY1521 Member

about NBA2k3......what do you think he will be rated in the game? Around 83? Overall rating? They rated Cuttino Mobley as 84. He's the 9th best shooting guard in the game. Amazing...it has Allen Iverson on the cover...but it only gave him 90. They gave Kelvin Cato 59. :)

20. LiTtLeY1521

LiTtLeY1521 Member

What overall rating do you think the makers of NBA2k3 will give Yao Ming? Some of the ratings are ridiculous. Some are accurate...