1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

NBA 2K Preview article (AB one of the photos)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by bratna8, Jul 30, 2010.

Tags:
  1. bratna8

bratna8 Member

1 person likes this.
  2. KingStevo10

KingStevo10 Member

So sick Jordan is gonna be on there!

3. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

cool, I never really got in to basketball games cus I found them to be extremely difficult. I've been playing 2K10 a LOT lately, I'm excited to see which is better (2K11 or Elite 11). I like the idea that one stick controls hands and the other feet on Elite. However, I am a bit of an eye candy guy, and by all accounts 2k11 looks better. I have high hopes for both.

#3 seclusion, Jul 30, 2010
    Last edited: Jul 30, 2010
  4. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

I'm honestly not that excited about that feature. It's cool, but I'd rather they fix the issues with MyPlayer mode / online -- etc. I guess as awesome as jordan was I kind of lost my taste on him.

There needs to be a sequel to the game below, however.

Side note: Where's the Hakeem mode? You could mash on David Robinson after he gets awarded MVP.
    [​IMG]

5. joesr

joesr Member

c a n n o t w a i t

6. jman255

jman255 Member

2k sports is my favorite basketball series, but I am not expecting much difference from the 2k10. I am extremely looking forward to NBA Elite 11.

7. RocketEG6

RocketEG6 Member

I want the demo nao!!!! :p

8. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

I just made a thread for Elite in the hangout.

9. DontTradeOswalt

Does anybody know if they fixed the Online Mode? It was horrible in 2k10

10. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

They haven't said anything... (off subject, your name lol.)

11. EffTheJazz!!!

EffTheJazz!!! Member

I REALLY hope so.. if not, I think I'll buy elite instead. Online sucked on 2k10!

12. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

I've played 2k9 and 2k10 more than any other 360 game I have.

13. Htown's2kFinest

dam 2k Insider still didn't change AB's generic shoes. :p

14. CJLarson

CJLarson Member

What's with image 10??

15. Htown's2kFinest

online for 2k10 is more stable now. yeah it was terrible a couple of months after coming out but the patches have helped. 2k11 will be putting more emphasis on the online. i doubt it'll be like it was online when 2k10 1st released. they just need to do something with the all the dang quiters online.

16. Htown's2kFinest

it doesn't say this on the article but Ron Artest -Champion will be on the 2k11 soundtrack. :/

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/mRrN4pmEuQA&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/mRrN4pmEuQA&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

17. lon_1023

lon_1023 Member

anyone seriously read the new article in IGN...they said that there will be a lot of change in gameplay..like the new passing and dribbling system...it's not just jordan man..and we can hv like 1000 plays to use..from the describtion, its dribbling control is pretty similar to that of elite..u use all left sticks to control all moves..and use the right sticks to perform cuts when passsing..wt a game!!

18. dora-akcay

dora-akcay Member

we're lucky we don't have this...

@justinbieber Hey we still want to talk to you about NBA 2K11. Hit us up! 6:15 PM Jul 22nd via web
    (from Ronnie2K)

19. dora-akcay

dora-akcay Member

AB has a Generic shoe again. Why can't they make everyone's shoes like in NBA Live series??

20. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Waitin for the demo, been playin 2k6-2k10. The last two years been disappointin, especially online and gameplay-wise. The servers are a mess and cheesers dominate online cause of the game's inability to defend the post. You couldn´t really develop a midrange game, people that only did layups and dunks won every time. "My Player" was a good idea but poorly developed,full of bugs and you could easily put up oscar robertson numbers every game.

Reading the article, one thing makes me feel bad for 2k11 online:
    "Spin moves are pulled off how you'd expect, but in NBA 2K11 the stars of the game make better use of them than ever before. " --> people will use superstars and spin the ish out of you with kobe, bron, etc.

The Jordan-feature isn´t that great, i wanna play with the current teams and won´t really play that mode.

EA really stepped their game up with NBA Elite, even Live 10 was way better shooting and online-wise. They are way more innovative this year, i don´t see anything new in 2k11.