1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

My Mock Draft 1-15 picks

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by Prime Time PLaya, Dec 15, 2000.

1. Prime Time PLaya

1.Chicago-Loren Woods 7'1 Center (Arizona).
    NBA Comparison:Karim Abdul-Jabaar
    The bulls need a center and Loren Woods is perfect for then.His game is like Jabaars game and he's a very athletic player.A little soft but you can't teach height.

2.Washington-Eddie Griffin.6'9 PF (Seton Hall)
    Nba Comparison:Sharif Abdul-Rahim
    Although Washington wants a center, but they can still make room for a big man like Eddie.He has the skills and potential to be dominate in the NBA.

3.Atlanta- Gerald Wallace 6'7 SF (Alabama)
    NBA Comparison- Vince Carter
    The Hawks need any kind of help in their frontline. He, in my opinion, is the best player in this draft.Has dream-team potential.Maybe a little short for a SF but he makes all of that and more uip with his jumping ability.

4.LA Clippers-Zack Randolph 6'9 PF (Michigan St.)
    NBA Comparison:cross between Karl Malone and Kenny Thomas
    HE moves all 270lbs very well and has a great touch. Good outside shooter and a very physical player. Has the tools to be a sterling NBA player.Would give the clippers a PF to go eith Kandi and ODom.

5.Golden State-Jason Williams 6'2 Duke
    NBA Comparison:Stephan Marbury
    THE best PG in the draft, hands down. Has the potential to join GP and Kidd as one of the best PG in the league. Much better then the OTHER Jason Williams

6.New Jersey- Brendan Haywood 7'0 North Carolina
    NBA Comparison-Micheal Olawakandi

7.Vancouver-Troy Murphy 6'11 PF Notre DAme
    NBA Comparison-Keith Van Horn
    Outstanding shooter and outside player,especially for his size. Post-up game has improved ALOT since his freshman year.Might play center in Vancouver or even be traded up for a center.

8.Orlando-Carlos Boozer 6'9 PF Duke.
    NBA Comparison-Mo Taylor

9.Boston-Joe Forte 6'4 SG North Carolina

10.Indiana-Joe Johnson PG/SG Arkansas
    NBA Comparison-A 6'9 Penny Hardaway (gulp)
    How about a backcourt of 6'8 Jalen Rose and 6'9 Joe Johnson?

11.Seattle- Tamar Slay 6'8 SG Marshall
    NBA Comparison: Allen Houston

12.Denver-Shane Battier 6'8 SF DUke
    NBA Comparison-Defensively-Scottie Pippen
    Offensively-Bryon Russell

13.Houston(via milwakee)-Terence Morris 6'9 SF Maryland
    NBA Comparison-Joe Smith

14.Detroit-Vincint Yarbrough 6'7 SF Tennesee
    NBA Comparison:Shawn Marion

15 Houston-Sam Dalemburt 6'11 C Seton Hall
    NBA Comparison: David Robinson

------------------
    Remember, players dont win rings, franchises do.Its not too late to jump on the bull's bandwagon. BULLS IN 2001!

2. Prime Time PLaya

Forgot Joe Forte's NBA Comparison.. its Ray Allen.

------------------
    Remember, players dont win rings, franchises do.Its not too late to jump on the bull's bandwagon. BULLS IN 2001!

3. Hobbs

Hobbs Member

Not projecting any of the high schoolers or Yao Ming?

Am I the only one that sees Marcus Camby written all over Loren Woods? Doesn't seem like he's going to really be a true center even with the height.

I gotta think a couple big guys rise all the way to the top couple picks.

------------------

4. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

dalemburt is no david robinson

------------------
    "There are some frauds so well conducted that it would be stupidity not to be deceived by them."
    Charles Caleb Colton (1780-1832)

5. Summer Song Giver

No offense PTP but it looks to me like this is straight off of www.nbadraft.net with a few minor changes,I do think a few high schoolers and the Chinaman(no offense intended) will find there way onto this list somewhere

------------------

[This message has been edited by Summer Song Giver (edited December 15, 2000).]

6. Summer Song Giver

I also forgot to add I think the Rockets will draft smallforward unless one of the studs in the frontcourt happen to fall to us.

------------------

7. vj23k

vj23k Contributing Member

Forte is REALLY good and if any team is looking for a guard(either one) he is their man. I think he will be better than allen. he is a better scorer and more athletic.

8. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Its funny how nbadraft.net has golden state picking Zach Randolph. I mean, he looks like a great player, but with the Jamison, Fortson semi-problem already there why on earth would they go with randolph.

does nbadraft.net even try and match players with teams needs?

------------------
    "There are some frauds so well conducted that it would be stupidity not to be deceived by them."
    Charles Caleb Colton (1780-1832)

9. vj23k

vj23k Contributing Member

well they have great faith in us. Not in hte playoffs!

10. RENDIGGLER3:20

Terrance Morris=Joe Smith? [​IMG]

------------------
    President of the why in the Hell isnt Langhi playing club!!!

11. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Actualy, I hate to say it, for fear of cursing him, but the moment I saw Terrance Morris, I could have sworn I was watching Johnny Taylor's twin.

Remember his big moment comming out of Tenn-Chatanoga, I think it was? Morris, like Taylor, always looks like he could be dominant if he wanted to. Granted, Morris has alot more skill, but I think the physical likeness and the apparent appathy are enough to scare me off of Morris based on what a bust Taylor was.

------------------

12. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Dalembert is one ugly mother , He aint no David Robinson , Forte and J Williams are the best guards . Yao Ming , Tyson Chandler or Eddy Curry could make the Top 15 somewhere .

------------------
    "Its a good thing they don't make posters of European players"

-Walt Williams after getting "posterized" by Zan Tabak .

13. Steve_Francis_rules

Do you really think Jason Williams is coming out after this year? I would have to agree that he is much better than the other JWill. I don't think I would compare Forte to Allen because I think Allen is a much better shooter than Forte is at this stage. I may be wrong about that though. And comparing Woods to Kareem is ridiculous. Loren Woods can block shots and score inside, whereas Kareem was dangerous much farther out and had an almost unstoppable go-to move. Their frames might be similar, but I don't think their games are.

------------------

14. KeepKenny

KeepKenny Contributing Member

Didn't some nba scouts compare woods to Cato? and why would Denver draft Battier when they already have a defensive SF in Posey?

------------------
    Hakeem, Hasaw, Haconquered.

15. Steve_Francis_rules

I like that sig KeepKenny

------------------