1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

My Mid 20s Crisis

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by mazyar, Jan 5, 2009.

1. mazyar

mazyar Member

I'm 24 years old. It feels like my life is passing by so fast. I feel like I have missed out on my youth. No, it's more like I didn't cherish my youth as much as I could have.

I'm out of college. I don't like my career too much. I feel stuck in it. I want to go back to school so I could advance higher. But going back to school is so tough. I feel stuck in my current career with little chance of advancing.

Even if I do advance, I would absolutely hate my job (even more then). When I look at my managers, they look miserable. I want to change careers. But no one will higher me elsewhere, cause I donn't have experiece in their fields.

The economy hasn't been this bad in half a century. I have a buch of credit card debt. I make decent money for my age, but too much of it is WASTED away, used to pay debt, and used to help my parents with the mortgage.

I need for find true love before I get to old ad lose my hair. But I work too many hours. I can't meet anyone good anywhere. I met alot of girls when I was in school, but I was broke as hell. Now I need someone to share my extra money, time, and love with.

I feel like I have let a few great girls slip away. If I could only go back in time to about 5 years ago. I would re-live my life so much better.

I would apply to a much better university. I would pursue a more financialy rewarding career. I would get that girl. I would admit my interest to her.

I feel I'm getting old fast. How do I stop feeling like this?

More misery to be added later.

2. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Member

STFU -- mid 20's crisis ... STFU

3. Stone Cold Hakeem

Sell your ass for cocaine.

4. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Member

:rolleyes: WTF? :mad: I got some cheese to go with that whine. WTFF?

Sincerely,
    a 33-year-old.

5. Supermac34

Supermac34 President, Von Wafer Fan Club

Getting your finances in order will go a long way to be able to be more content. You mentioned that you have pretty good income, yet a lot of debt. What kind of debt? Student loans? Car? Credit Casrds?

Saving and paying off debt will make you feel better if you can do without some day to day luxuries and lower your cost of living.

Also, you are helping your parents with they mortgage, which is noble, but do you get an advantage? Do you live with them? If so, consider it to cut down costs more. Also, if you don't live with them, perhaps they should sell their house and downgrade so they don't stick their kids with their own debt so you can afford to pay your own.

Also, actively look for a new job, but don't quit your current one until you find one!

6. aussie rocket

aussie rocket Member

I feel the pain of the OP.

A mid 20's crisis may partially have been responsible for the break up of my marriage.

I felt like I misspent my youth by being married to someone I wasnt really in love with since I was 21.

When I was in that situation I felt so old - Now that I am free from that I realise that 25 is really fricking young.

That's what you need to work out mazyar.

Money doesnt equal happiness, and 25 (in your case 24!!!) is still fricking young my man.

Cut back the work, hit the clubs dude.

There are plenty of hot drunk chicks just waiting for you to sweep them up, shag them, and move on to the next one.

They are out there believe me, they are everywhere even.

7. tigereye

tigereye Member

RELAX - if you pressure your self into finding someone cause you're afraid of growing old, chances are you'll try to convince your self "this" is the one. And Magicly, you're her doormat. The love won't be natural, and later in life you'll hate your self for wasting your life with that "someone" you rushed in with....

Calm down. RELAX. I'm 27, unmarried and lovin life, even in this economy.

8. aussie rocket

aussie rocket Member

Oh how I've missed the Hangout....

It took a Rocks slump to get me back here - but it was worth it.

9. mazyar

mazyar Member

Thanks for the early encouraging replies.

I'm sorry.... Believe me, I usually absolutely hate these depressing threads. Like the ones about Realjad's and moestavern's relationships gone bad. I usually just skim through them. But there was something about my mental state just minutes before I wrote that post that made me start a thread.

Have you guys also (like me) grown to hate tv channels like MTV or E! or Nickelodeon, just because they have shows about rich pretty youngsters. Shows like the OC and The Hills and other crappies. I can't stand them.

As with my financial liabilities, it's mostly credit cards. But I also have $500 payments on car and student loan, along with about 1 grand that I give my parents.

I hate to say this, but I wish I was born in a rich family, with parents who didn't need your help. Now that I think about it, it all comes down to that: Money. I know money isn't the solution to everything but I am obsessed with my spendings and budget. I worry too much about where my money is going. I think I'm paranoid to a point about money.

Bottom line: I wish I was rich and young like those kids on The Hills. A pocket full of money with no care in the world and no responsibilities. So much money that I woudn't know what to do with.

10. huypham

huypham Member

hey dude, don't let people get you down, i think mid-20s crisis is pretty normal. i just got over mine i think, and i'm like 27.

i think lack of freedom is the root of your problem, more than anything else. you're helping out your parents, which is noble, but it kind of straps you down. you want to pursue other things, other goals, women even - but you're limited.

find a way to get rid of those obligations so you can pursue your life, the way you want to.

11. dsnow23

dsnow23 Member

Your life is over. You definitely can't decide to go to grad school. And you are way too old to find a decent woman. Buy some cats. It's all downhill from here. I would tell you to go find some hookers, but since you made crappy decisions in college, I'm sure you can't afford one.

12. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Member

LOL, "mid 20s crisis".....

I turn 40 this year and I couldn't be happier. Lighten up, kid. I'd give anything to be 24 again.

#12 ima_drummer2k, Jan 5, 2009
    Last edited: Jan 5, 2009
  13. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Member

This thread isn't depressing it's just dumb.

14. mazyar

mazyar Member

A little contradicting, no?

15. kaleidosky

kaleidosky Your Tweety Bird dance just cost us a run

it's not about money. you think it is.. but when you get it and deal with all those issues, it still isn't (at least most of the time)

16. Astro101

Astro101 Member

Go out and get laid. yw

17. mazyar

mazyar Member

easier said than done. atleast it is in my case. tnx

18. oneonepyopyo

oneonepyopyo Member

There are few people who dont really worry about money out there. Given the fact of global recession, even Les feels the pain ;)

Dont stick to the internet and distract yourself from thinking sorely by doing something else(usually outdoors activities, IMO).

Others cannot satisfy you unless you satisfy yourself first. I think it's more of a mind thing.

19. Landlord Landry

let me give you a 'mid-20's crisis'

When I was 24, I had a 7 year old, a 2 year old, one on the way, and had been married for 6 years(we were together for 7 years at that point), no college education, and just started a new job.

trust me, you're fine.

20. rezdawg

rezdawg Member

You have nothing to be sad about...

Im 29, been in school my whole life.

Accrued about 250K in debt because of school.

I barely have time to go out, but when I do go out, I go out as hard as possible...I make the most of all my time outside the library.

Go out with friends...meet their friends...make friends with them...go out with your new friends...meet their friends...make friends with them. Pretty soon, you will have a huge network of people to hang with. You'll meet ladies...date them.

When you get your social life to an exciting point, you'll care less about how much money you are making.

Trust me, Ive dedicated my life to school and Im still a student and getting more in debt...no sweat, just go out and have some fun...stop worrying about money, that will come if you have the drive to succeed.