1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

my hair is on fire!

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by thegary, Mar 19, 2022.

1. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Member
    Supporting Member

2. astros123

astros123 Member

Here is Trumps former attorney General claiming China hacked into Georgia voting machines (no evidence) and changed the vote to Biden. When you have right wing trolls like @AroundTheWorld @Os Trigonum @Salvy who claim biden is "weaponizing" the doj always remember what "weaponizing" really look like in reality.

Having your attorney General to incite a coup is what a weaponizing the doj means. Not whatever these ppl claim @basso . The voting machines in Georgia weren't even connected to internet.

They were literally overthrowing the government with disinformation.

#2742 astros123, Sep 10, 2023
    Last edited: Sep 10, 2023
    FranchiseBlade likes this.
  3. astros123

astros123 Member

It is so utterly hilarious watching right wing Republicans run away from the impeachment bullshit cuz they know they'll be exposed on national television with nothing but conspiracies during an election season.

We actually had trolls @StupidMoniker who actually claimed there was enough evidence to criminally indict biden LOL. These same folks are somehow district attorneys and dont even wanna pay taxes.

9 months of Hunter Biden Investigations and not one impeachable offense found on biden. It's hilarious how dumb the MAGAT were in this thread @bigtexxx @J.R. @Salvy[/USER]

#2743 astros123, Sep 11, 2023
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2023
    No Worries likes this.
  4. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Member
    Supporting Member

I would really love to read the post where I made that claim

Astrodome likes this.
  5. astros123

astros123 Member

Sorry that wasn't meant for you

Os Trigonum likes this.
  6. StupidMoniker

StupidMoniker I lost a bet

Not only indict (you can indict a ham sandwich, as they say), but convict. Somehow is by going to law school, passing the bar, practicing law for years, and applying. Who wants to pay taxes?

7. astros123

astros123 Member

LOL Republicans dont even have enough evidence for a impeachment inquiry and you think biden could be criminally convicted hahha. Youre a hack. This forum always delivers the LOLs. Republicans have every piece of evidence you have seen plus over 4000 business records and text messages and they dont even have any link to biden. Nancy mace and Matt gaetz hardcore MAGA have said on record they havnt found any link to Joe biden but the district attorney from a small town @StupidMoniker has LOL.

We have the dumbest people in the highest levels of Government.

#2747 astros123, Sep 11, 2023
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2023
  8. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Member
    Supporting Member

Kevin McCarthy directs House committees to open Biden impeachment inquiry

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2023/09/12/mccarthy-biden-impeachment/

excerpt:

House Speaker Kevin McCarthy (R-Calif.) said Tuesday that he is directing House committees to open an impeachment inquiry into President Biden, amid pressure from some hard-right members of the Republican caucus to do so.

The inquiry will center on whether Biden benefited from his son Hunter Biden’s business dealings, among other issues, McCarthy said.

White House spokesman Ian Sams blasted McCarthy’s move as “extreme politics at its worst.”

“House Republicans have been investigating the President for 9 months, and they’ve turned up no evidence of wrongdoing,” Sams said in a tweet. “His own GOP members have said so.”
    more at the link

9. astros123

astros123 Member

Incompetent domestic terrorists pretending to be a political party.

They didn't even have the votes on the floor for a hearing so he skipped the vote. MAGAts

#2749 astros123, Sep 12, 2023
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2023
  10. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Member

Happy about the impeachment inquiry though I doubt they will find much to impeach on. For one, I think there should be a low bar to impeachment inquiries anyway. For two, I think it will be an interesting foil to the Trump impeachment that should elucidate just how easy it is or isn't to impeach a proverbial ham sandwich.

11. StupidMoniker

12. No Worries

No Worries Member

McCarthy is not even going to have a vote to start the inquiry. I guess that not all of the House Rs would vote "yes".

astros123 likes this.
  13. astros123

astros123 Member

You're a district attorney yet you have the IQ of a college kid. What I said was mccarthy DOES NOT have the votes for impeachment. He isn't bringing this up for a vote rather he's skipping the vote and directing his committee to start the process. If he had a single shred of evidence he would put it for a vote. It's amazing how you're a DA but you're literally clueless like usual

who does the hiring in your county? Elmo?

Bcz swing district reps who are in biden districts know its bullshit and don't want to put their name on the impeachment. It's a scam

#2753 astros123, Sep 12, 2023
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2023
    rockbox likes this.
  14. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Member
    Supporting Member

related

https://www.nationalreview.com/2023/09/yes-joe-biden-is-corrupt/

Yes, Joe Biden Is Corrupt
    We really don’t need to know anything more.
    By RICH LOWRY
    September 11, 2023 6:30 AM

Let’s assume that Representative James Comer and his colleagues discover nothing else about the Biden family business, that the state of play stays exactly the same as it is now.

We already know that Joe Biden is corrupt.

He may not be Representative William Jefferson cash-in-the-freezer corrupt, or Governor Rod Blagojevich I’m-going-to-sell-this-Senate-seat corrupt. But he was complicit in an inherently corrupt enterprise that centered on selling access to him when he was a high official of the United States government who had incredible power and was entrusted with handling sensitive matters.

Consider Burisma, the corrupt Ukrainian energy company that paid his son lavishly to serve on its board. At any point, Biden could have shut down this operation to use his son to get to him, and at any number of junctures it should have been obvious — if it wasn’t all along — what was happening. Biden did nothing and, in fact, played along.

In other words, he made himself party to a grotesque influence-peddling scheme beneficial to his family. Is there any standard by which this is okay?

(I should mention that the catalyst for this piece was a conversation with Andy McCarthy on his podcast The McCarthy Report last week; Andy set everything out with his accustomed clarity.)

The quick version of the background on Burisma is that it was founded by Mykola “Nikolay” Zlochevsky, who had to go on the lam after the government of Viktor Yanukovych fell in the Maidan Revolution. The new government of Petro Poroshenko put Zlochevsky under investigation. (The practice of investigating and prosecuting officials of the prior regime is a common practice in shady parts of the world, and now, also, of course, the United States.)

So Burisma needed a helping hand. The company put Hunter Biden on the board for $1 million a year shortly after Vice President Biden, in charge of Ukraine policy, was in Kyiv for meetings in April 2014. Hunter’s business partner Devon Archer had a similar deal.

It was completely obvious why Burisma would want the vice president’s son on the board. (Indeed, Hunter’s pay was cut in half when his father stopped being vice president.)

Assuming for the sake of argument, though, that Joe Biden wasn’t aware of the arrangement with Hunter beforehand, as soon he found out, the upstanding and honest thing to do would have been to say, “No, sorry — there’s no way a son of mine is going to be on the take in a foreign country that’s part of my policy portfolio.”

Instead, Burisma immediately began to ask for what it was paying for. Shortly after Hunter got on the payroll, the CFO of Burisma, Vadym Pozharsky, sent an email requesting that Hunter and Archer “use your influence” (they don’t call it influence-peddling for nothing) to bring a halt to the investigation into Zlochevsky and Burisma.

A year later, Pozharsky was invited to a dinner, with Joe Biden in attendance, at Café Milano in Georgetown. Also in attendance, by the way, was the Russian oligarch Yelena Baturina, who showered Hunter and Archer with $3.5 million.

Again, if Vice President Biden showed up at this dinner innocently, having no idea that these shady characters who were paying his son inordinate amounts of money were going to be there, he could have dressed down Hunter the next day and insisted that such activity stop.

No such umbrage was forthcoming, and Pozharsky was duly grateful. “Dear Hunter,” he wrote afterward, “thank you for inviting me to DC and giving an opportunity to meet your father and spent [sic] some time together.”

At the end of the day, though, Pozharsky didn’t want vibes; he wanted outcomes.

In November, he wrote Hunter and Archer with his worries that a proposed arrangement with another outfit, Blue Star Strategies, lacked reference to the “concrete tangible results that we set out to achieve.” He worried it failed to “offer any names of top US officials here in Ukraine (for instance, the US Ambassador) or Ukrainian officials (the President of Ukraine, chief of staff, Prosecutor General) as key targets for improving Nikolay’s [i.e., Zlochevsky’s] case and his situation in Ukraine.”

He wanted “concrete deliverables,” especially a list of top “US policy-makers” who would be coming to Ukraine to achieve the “ultimate purpose to close down for any cases/pursuits against Nikolay in Ukraine.”

He referred to all this as “our joint efforts,” and Hunter assured him that “we all are aligned.”

Nothing about this was subtle. Are we really supposed to believe that everyone here knew the score — both the people paying out the money and those taking it — except the guy who had ascended to No. 2 in the United States government, who’d been in Washington for decades and seen it all?

A month later, Burisma had a board meeting in Dubai, where it had to meet because Zlochevsky couldn’t return to Ukraine. His legal troubles were a focus of the discussions. Afterward, Nikolay Zlochevsky and Vadym Pozharsky requested an urgent private meeting with Hunter and Archer.

At this get-together, Pozharsky asked Hunter, “Can you ring your dad?” This request was astonishingly inappropriate. But, lo and behold, Hunter rang his dad.

Hunter told the vice president that he was with “Nikolay and Vadym,” and the vice president apparently didn’t need a refresher on who they were. Business wasn’t directly discussed, except that Hunter insisted that his Ukrainian associates and benefactors “need our support.”

Yet again, here’s a moment for righteous indignation. How dare you call me to advance your shady dealings with sleazy foreigners hoping to benefit from your proximity to power?

There was nothing of the sort. As it happens, within days — days — Joe Biden traveled to Ukraine. The vice president met with Poroshenko urging him to fire the prosecutor Viktor Shokin.

This was a shocking and blatant conflict of interest. There are a couple of things an honest politician could have done to avoid it. He could have demanded that Hunter quit the Burisma board immediately. Or he could have recused himself from all Ukraine-related matters, given his son’s business dealings that directly involved his conduct as vice president.

Of course, he did neither. Biden proceeded on a course that suited the interests of his son and his business partner. Now, there were other reasons to seek the firing of Shokin, but politicians who want to be above reproach stay a hundred miles away from such situations. Biden didn’t, clearly, because the family business depended on Hunter engaging in such work.

The golden goose depended on two things: Biden being in powerful positions or potentially occupying them in the future, and Hunter taking advantage of his proximity to power. Both sides of the equation were necessary; without one of them, the business model would collapse.

Not only did Biden do nothing to stop the scheme, he helped cover for Hunter.
    more

15. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Member
    Supporting Member

conclusion

The day of that Burisma board meeting in Dubai, Hunter business partner Eric Schwerin emailed a draft statement to Vice President Biden’s communications director, Kate Bedingfield, to use to beat back potential inquiries about Hunter’s shady dealings. He proposed this:

Hunter Biden joined the Board to strengthen corporate governance and transparency at a company working to advance energy security for Ukraine. These are also goals of the United States. Far from being out of sync with the policies of the United States, the Board is working to bring this privately held energy company into the kind of future that is critical for a free and strong Ukraine. These are goals that attracted not just Hunter to the effort, but respected American and European political and business leaders.
    Bedingfield emailed Schwerin back, saying that the vice president had approved a statement to be put out in her name if anyone asked about Hunter:

Hunter Biden is a private citizen and a lawyer. The Vice President does not endorse any particular company and has no involvement with this company. The Vice President has pushed aggressively for years — both publicly with groups like the US-Ukraine Business Forum and privately in meetings in with Ukrainian leaders — for Ukraine to make every effort to investigate and prosecute corruption in accordance with the rule of law. It will once again be a key focus during his trip this week.

The vice president–approved statement was slightly less shameless than the Schwerin version, but still fundamentally dishonest.

The Burisma officials still thought they’d made a good investment. Certainly no one on the Biden side of the deal was trying to convince them otherwise. Early the next year, in 2016, Zlochevsky reportedly told an FBI informant who asked about the Shokin investigation, “Don’t worry. Hunter will take care of all those issues through his dad.”

Later, Zlochevsky also told the informant that he paid $10 million in total to Joe and Hunter Biden. He denigrated Hunter, saying that his dog was smarter, but that Hunter needed to be on the board “so everything will be OK.”

Needless to say, this isn’t dignified or honorable work, but it’s certainly lucrative. A better steward of the public trust than Joe Biden wouldn’t have tolerated it for a minute — indeed, would have felt embarrassed and disgusted by it.

Instead, he was on board. The hypothetical at the beginning of this piece — that we won’t learn more about Joe Biden’s involvement in these dealings — is unlikely to be the case. But we really already know everything we need to about Joe Biden.

16. StupidMoniker

I quoted you directly. You said (bold is mine for emphasis):
    You mentioned votes in a different post - after it was revealed McCarthy was starting an impeachment inquiry.

17. astros123

astros123 Member

Mccarthy said first that he wouldn't do a impeachment hearing without a vote first. Is it my fault that I took his word instead of obviously knowing he's a lying scumbag. I'm sorry I gave him the benefit of the doubt. He did it without a vote. Scumbag

He knows he doesn't have the votes but he's beholden to Matt Gaetz who wants to out him.

18. dobro1229

dobro1229 Member

A. Is this what you believe and want to argue yourself?
    B. Why wouldn’t you just post this with a condensed commentary so you don’t clog up half the thread?

C. This is the same talking point made in the Trump impeachment. Why did the Trump defense hardly make this case? Could it be maybe because the fact aren’t actually there and all this is is innuendo?

D. Impeachment is for “high crimes and misdemeanors” committed in office. These acts would be subject to prosecution by the Justice system. Why did Bill Barr, Jeff Sessions, Matthew Whitaker, and Durham refuse to bring charges?

E. Instead of spamming writers from right wing propagandists, why don’t you just tell us what the hell you think and make your case? Are you a wuss? What are you scared of?

19. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Member
    Supporting Member

I am sure you know your stuff, but it's still hard to believe there is enough evidence to convict Joe Biden criminally when house Republicans are pushing back that there isn't enough evidence to even consider impeachment. If there's enough evidence to put Biden in jail, there's enough evidence to impeach him. So something isn't jiving about what you are saying here.

20. J.R.

J.R. Member

Why is he suing over a laptop that isn’t his and is Russian disinformation?

Invisible Fan likes this.