1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

My (general) gist from last night's game - Wed. 1/2/08

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by BattiersBaby, Jan 3, 2008.

1. BattiersBaby

BattiersBaby Member

Hi, Everyone! What follows is my general gist and reccolections of last night's game and experience. I had a blast (in spite of the outcome) and thought I would share my general impressions with fellow Rockets fans! Enjoy!

BattiersBaby.

Throughout I did scream out "Shane, I love you!" a number of times!

No interaction to speak of this time, and yet again the Celtics store did not have Rockets pins - they said it's a crapshoot as to which teams they get - I only found the old Grizz logo pin the very first time I went to see Shane play - not the new logo or the Rox' one. Ah well.

Before the game, after I changed from my work outfit (I wore jeans to work yesterday, even though it was not Friday!) into my Battier Rockets jersey with my red and white Sox t-shirt underneath, and my Duke cap, and before we got to our seats, I saw a female employee of the Celtics standing relatively near to a pilar, near a big set of doors. When the door opened I saw this big tall guy in a suit emerge from what looked like a fancy conference-style room with green patterned carpet. I thought he looked familiar but didn't quite place it, so I looked at him and may have given a half-smile, but did not wave or say hi or anything. As we continued by, I heard the employee say, "Thanks, Max!" which confirmed that it was former Celtic Cedric Maxwell (who calls games at least some of the time) who I/we had just seen. Cool, I thought!

Anyhoo, there were a few other Rockets fans dispersed throughout the Garden, and at one point - I think this happened during the game, rather than before it began, a very nice security guard saw my outfit and said something to the effect of "Rockets *and* Duke?!? It's a good thing I like you. ...I guess I'll let you stay this time, but we usually kick the visitors out!" :) Someone asked me if I was from Texas and I said no, but that I'm here for Battier, and about how, if you put Duke and the Rockets together it makes sense why I'm in this "get-up"!

Fun times! Unfortunately I keep joking and saying that I must be a jinx on Shane because, over the 5 or 6 games that I've been to for him, between the Grizz and the Rockets, he always seems to have a higher number of fouls (it also is affected by who he has to guard, though, ie. Pierce) and a low number of points. Only once, perhaps, was that not the case, but, as I told my mom, I can't stay away! (Yet it seemed like whenever I said Bonzi's name he made a FT, so maybe I should have rooted for him? Nah...)

For the cost that I paid for each ticket, we should have been lower, but the Garden's amount of wheelchair accessible seating is not good - despite the fact that the rest of the arena and facility is quite good in the regard. Even still, I had a pretty good view of the backs of the Rockets when they sat on the sideline. (I could even see what looked like the scar on the back of Shane's head from, I believe, some old stitches. Ouch, poor guy. I must say, he does look much cuter when "live" and in-person, and with some hair on his head, rather than shaved.)

At halftime, they introduced several fans of the game - some even came from South Africa, and another was from Florida, I believe, in addition to local area kids. Well, at one point there was a contest - either during a Rockets time out or halfime - I think it was a timeout though, and I happened to look up from fiddling with the camera, to see Shane looking over at the kids and applauding! It really warmed my heart and I leaned over to my mom and said "See? That's why I love Shane. That is exactly the kind of guy he is!" with a smile pn my face. It made me think of his involvement with Read to Achieve and other activities, his camps, etc., related to kids. I can tell how much he loves them! :)

Anyhow, great game, and I was happy when the Rockets took the lead near the end. I loved being loud and cheering for Shane and the Rockets while most of the rest of the building was not. At one time I looked across the Center and saw a Rockets fan shake his head "no" and move his arms like he was not in favor of the basket or call, while Celtics fans were happy for it.

By game's end My Man had 3 fouls,6 points, 2 rebounds, and 1 assist. (I guess Shane hit a 3 to tie the game at one point, but I don't think I was there for that play...)I enjoyed every bit of it and love the kind of ribbing I get at sporting events ex.) "Rockets suck!" to which I looked over at Mom and said, "That's what he thinks!" and "Rockets fan, huh? Uh oh. Rough night..." before we had taken the lead." and the elevator operator guy who was nice but, as we were leaving said to me, "Get a GReen shirt!" LOL.

I asked several employees if there was a good spot where they could suggest, just on the off chance that I might be able to see the Rockets/some of the visiting players after the game. I got different responses, but mostly they said they did not know. Someone in Guest Relations (I think) said that the bus was inside, and that they were one floor below us, on the third floor, also that they'd be a while because they'd have to shower and clean up, etc. but... the one time I met Shane I had thought it was on the first floor, near Legends, maybe? and in the very bottom/bowels of the buiding but... maybe they've changed it around?

I had a great time. I really did want to SEE Shane in person, and wanted the Rockets to win, but they did give the C's a run for their money, even though Yao missed a ton of shots!

Great game! I want to do it again! NOW!

_______

BattiersBaby.

2. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Contributing Member

Glad you had a good time BB! It was a very good game despite the outcome. Should Batt have made one of those threes at the end it would have been a very interesting ending, but I guess sometimes that's the way they fall.

Did you take any pictures? We'd love to see them. I remember you had a website but can you post here if you have pics?

3. BattiersBaby

BattiersBaby Member

Hi, Hayesfan!

Yes, I did take many pictures -using my sister's camera as it is better than mine. I have not uploaded them yet, but when I do, I'll try to post a few. Glad you are interested in seeing them! :)

BattiersBaby.

4. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

cool recap it sounded like the garden was loud in the fourth last night...too bad the rockets couldnt pull it out. didnt you have some good seats too for the game? i thought i remember you posting a while ago saying you did.

5. BattiersBaby

BattiersBaby Member

Our seats were good - better than I've usually had, but, for $111.50 each, they ought to have been closer, I think. People NOT using wheelchairs seem to be able to sit closer for a lesser amount.

Good time, though! :D :D

BattiersBaby.

6. BattiersBaby

BattiersBaby Member

Perhaps you, Hayesfan, or someone else can assist me with a question?

I have uploaded my photos to my sister's computer but can't do so directly from my computer because we use different cameras and camera cards.

I have XP and she has Vista. I've uploaded the pictures and then burned them to a CD-R disc so that I can access them readily. They appear to have been placed on the disc, but when I put the DVD in my computer and open it, the folder is named, but there are no photo files inside. What may be happening? The disc never said that it has been finalized, but while she had XP, it would indicate this and spit out the disc once it's completed.

Can any of you help me to figure out what I may doing and/or why the pictures are not showing up when placed in my computer?

I'd appreciate any help - I want to share a couple pictures, ASAP. Thanks! :)

BattiersBaby.

7. freemaniam

freemaniam 我是自由人

Nice recap. Can almost feel the excitement you got from the game.

You may want to tell us what burning software was used to write on the CD-R in your sister's PC in the first place.

If you used a cable to connect you sister's camera to her PC (instead of wireless connection, say bluetooth or infrared), it is very likely that you can connect the camera to your own PC with the same cable as well (I bet it would be USB cable). So I guess the best way is to borrow the camera (and don't forget the memory card ;)) and the USB cable from your sister then hook it up to your PC directly. Your XP PC should be able to find a new device and you can therefore copy the photos to your PC via Windows Explorer directly.

Hope it helps. :)

8. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

Sounds like a great time!

9. Hayesfan

I sent you an email... I don't know what you normally use to download to your computer, but as someone said you should be able to hook her camera to your computer.

I also sent a couple of thoughts in the email so just lemme know if I can help more! :)

10. BattiersBaby

BattiersBaby Member

Hayesfan, thanks. Earlier I replied to your thoughtful e-mail, though I'm not sure how "helpful" it may be. I haven't had a chance to try finagling with my sister's camera cords et al., yet...

BattiersBaby.

11. BattiersBaby

BattiersBaby Member

Hey, Everybody!

I made some progress regarding my sister's camera and memory chop, but not quite enough at the moment, so I just added a few of my better photos to my PhotoBucket account.

Here's a sampling from Wednesday night. Have a look and enjoy! :) I know I sure did! :D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Photos are (c) 2008 by BattiersBaby.

BattiersBaby.

12. badgerfan

badgerfan Member

Nice pics!

13. Hayesfan

Thanks for the pics BB! Glad you were able to get them to work

I hope mine turn out as good at the Indy game in Feb.

14. freemaniam

freemaniam 我是自由人

and nice seat I must say. Thanks for sharing.

15. BattiersBaby

BattiersBaby Member

Thanks, Everyone! :)

Actually, my seat was good, but not great; (we were in Loge 3, Row 16) the photos I've shared are among the best of them... so many came out very blurry as I was using a different (and newer) camera than I am used to, so as I fiddled with settings, the photo results varied greatly. I tried, though and am thankful to have garnered a few good shots! :D

BattiersBaby.

16. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

Nice recap and pictures. While you are at it, please also post some pictures of yourself.

Thanks in advance.

17. bronx43

bronx43 Member

LOL, Clutchfriendster.net?

18. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

Shane might not approve of that :D

19. BattiersBaby

BattiersBaby Member

Why is that? Because I am his Baby? ;) :p :D

BattiersBaby.

20. Tfor3