1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

[MUSIC] Two short, interesting docs

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Hippieloser, May 2, 2007.

1. Hippieloser

Hippieloser Contributing Member

Here are two fairly short music documentaries that I found on VBSTV, the video site of Vice Magazine. I liked 'em, so here they are.

The first one deals with the Houston rap scene. If you were ever curious about what all this "Chopped and Screwed" and "sizzurp" stuff were about, here's your chance to check it out. They don't just talk to guys like Paul Wall and Mike Jones, either, they truly got a great cross-section of Houston artists in here and give a nice history lesson. It's very well done.
    http://www.vbs.tv/player.php?bctid=686980986&bccl=dW5kZWZpbmVkX191bmRlZmluZWQ=

This second one centers around Gaahl, the "singer" for the Norwegian black metal band Gorgoroth. If you aren't sure what black metal is, it's basically guys dressed up like Kiss on acid playing very, very overtly Satanic music. Their appearance and sound is way over the top and hilarious, but these guys are extremely serious about their Satanic philosophy. Gaahl is an interesting guy. He just got out of prison for torturing some poor person. Gorgoroth gained some world notoriety for a show in Poland a couple years ago that featured a dozen or so sheep heads on stakes as well as four nude men and women crucified on stage. The last few minutes of this doc are some of the most bizarre and creepy I've ever seen. Meet Gaahl:
    http://www.vbs.tv/player.php?bctid=769427891&bccl=NDEyODIxMzEzX19NVVNJQw==

2. Hippieloser

I should add that each doc is broken into 5 parts and each doc totals about 25 minutes. Let's talk about 'em!

3. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I will check them when i get a minute. . .esp the houston one
    I am very into All things Houston . . esp its music scene

Rocket River

4. Hippieloser

I really liked the Houston one, for the same reasons you just mentioned. It's interesting to see how much these rappers were able to accomplish in a place with no music industry to speak of.