1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Mr. Deeds - Movie Review

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Sonny, Jun 29, 2002.

1. Sonny

Sonny Contributing Member

I saw this movie tonight. Pretty Funny. Typical Adam Sandler movie that I enjoy. I would rate it a 7/10 - pretty funny. I always find his movies even funnier the 2nd, 3rd, 4th, etc. I watch them. Anyone else?

I didn't know the Winona Ryder was so HOT! :D

The regulars were in this movie:

-Steve Buscemi - he rules!
    -Rob Schneider (very small part)
    -same 3/4 guys from Big Daddy/Little Nicky/Waterboy/The Wedding Singer

I think that the butler - John Turturro (good actor) stole the show. Very Sneaky! :D

Also Erick Avari was very funny.

The movie had a great cast. I would definitely recommend. Did anyone else see it?

2. SirCharlesFan

SirCharlesFan Contributing Member

Haha, yeah man the movie ruled...It's one of those movies where if you like turning your brain off at the ticket booth, you'll love the movie. Sure, it's predictable and you know he's going to fall in love and live happily ever after in the end...but it was a pretty stinkin funny movie.

I liked it 100000x more than Waterboy.

The Spanish butler was freakin hilarious! CAN I TOUCH YOUR FEET!?!??!

3. DrewP

DrewP Contributing Member

Ya... I saw this movie tonight, and although I didnt see all of it I thought it wasnt really up to par with other Adam Sandler movies.

4. AstroRocket

AstroRocket Member

Ebert didn't like it, but the again, Ebert never likes Adam Sandler movies.

5. Holden

Holden Member

the first ten minutes. i thought this was going to be one of the worst movies ever made, but then it got significantly better.
    nobody ****s with the Jesus. (John Turturro)

:(

6. fba34

fba34 Contributing Member

so true. i hated little nicky at first.

7. jello77

jello77 Contributing Member

i saw the movie yesterday. it was ok. its just an average movie. my suggestion is to wait for it on video. billy madison is still his best movie.

i saw the preview for an adam sandler cartoon movie...MAN that looks stupid.

8. LAfadeaway33

LAfadeaway33 Member

The movie was awesome but Billy Madison would beat it by just a bit because it's the best movie ever made.

9. A-Train

A-Train Contributing Member

terrible
    terrible
    terrible

Quite possibly the most NOT funny movie ever made. The worst writing EVER for a comedy

The only remotely funny scene was the scene with all the cats, but other than that it had terrible jokes, terrible acting, terrible writing, and a terrible ending

10. Sonny

You underestimate the sneakyness!!

11. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

I don't know what the hell is wrong with me, but Winona Ryder did look hot!...

12. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Sucked.

Sucked ass.

Sucked fat ass.

13. SirCharlesFan

SirCharlesFan Contributing Member

ahhh, looks like someone forgot what type of movie he was going to watch before he went to the theater. You go to an Adam Sandler movie expecting good writing and good acting? C'mon now...

14. Sonny

Are you an expert in this field? :D

Like SCF just said, these are just comedies, don't expect to see an Oscar performance or anything.

15. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Not an expert...far from it. Just ask Timing. :D

I'm normally very lenient on these types of movies, I just didn't laugh all that much.

16. A-Train

No, I go to ANY movie and expect good writing and good acting. Ya see, things like writing and acting are basic elements of a movie. Now, if I want an intricately woven storyline and good character developement, I'll go see Spielberg or Tarantino, but asking for decent acting or a script worthy of more than wiping my ass isn't asking too much. I apologize if my expectations for a movie are better than yours...

Now, what I DID expect from an Adam Sandler movie was to laugh, which I did at every other of his movies that I've seen. I laughed for MAYBE five minutes of this piece of crap...

17. Sonny

Like I was saying earlier, his movies have to grow on you sometimes. When I first saw Big Daddy I thought it sucked, but it is very funny to me now. I think he should work on his previews for the movies and not show so many of the funny parts because it ruins them when you watch the movie.

A-Train, maybe you should just wait and see all of Adam Sandler's movies when they come out on tape if they offend you that much. :p I think you are expecting too much when you go see his movies, I know that is what ruined Big Daddy for me.

18. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

I've discovered that for me, it's just the opposite. I've liked each of his movies less the more I've seen them.

19. A-Train

Are you kidding me? I'm one of the biggest Sandler fans ever. Here are some Sandler movies that I actually enjoyed:

Billy Madison (written by Tim Herlihy and Adam Sandler)

Happy Gilmore (written by Tim Herlihy and Adam Sandler)

The Wedding Singer (written by Tim Herlihy)

The Waterboy (written by Tim Herlihy and Adam Sandler)

You see, comedy is ALL about writing. If there's a bad script, then the best actors or director in the world can't save it. In my opinion, this script sucked. Either Sandler needs to start writing his own scripts, or call up this Tim Herlihy dude.

Maybe this one sucked because it's based on a movie that's over 60 years old

20. Timing

Timing Member

If RM didn't like this movie then it probably stinks pretty bad. How many of you that liked the movie were drunk or high? ;)