1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Movie] The X-Files: I Want to Believe

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by lalala902102001, Jul 25, 2008.

1. lalala902102001

As a huge fan of the TV show I went by myself to the midnight showing tonight and all I can say is: WTF!?

Don't waste $9 and dissapoint yourself if you are an X files fan. Skip this movie! I'm going to pretend that this movie never happened.

2. lpbman

lpbman Member

Sucks, but I'll go see it anyway because I got a free ticket with a DVD purchase.

3. Chuck 4

Chuck 4 Member

I heard that this doesnt progress the whole "conspiracy" storyline at all...What the hell was the point then? :confused:

4. Oski2005

Oski2005 Contributing Member

Chris Carter hasn't done anything good since X-Files, so I guess the point is he needed money.

I'm not a fan of X-Files, barely watched any of the show, did see the first movie on cable though. Anyways, even I knew that this movie was supposed to be like a long episode of the show and not part of the whole alien conspiracy. If the movie does well, they want to do more movies. They didn't want people who weren't fans to be confused with a plot that has been developed over the course of many seasons of a tv show.

5. Royals Ego

Royals Ego Member

heard this sux, but will watch anyway

6. JunkyardDwg

JunkyardDwg Contributing Member

I was excited when the first trailer came out..but as time passed and early reviews leaked I was becoming less and less enthused...gonna probably wait till DVD now.

And if that last shot during the credits is true, wtf were they thinkin?!

7. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

I thought the whole alien conspiracy line was played out from the last movie?

How could they possibly top what happened in that film as far as an alien conspiracy goes...and have it live up to that film?

I don't mind them coming up with something different but 10 years after the other film...it should have been a really great idea to make another one. It doesn't sound like this is the case at all.

8. JunkyardDwg

JunkyardDwg Contributing Member

Well apparently the studio's condition for giving Nolan the greenlight was that he had to finish the script before the writer's strike...and based on some of the reviews I read, it shows.

9. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

Ebert seems to have liked it; not many other critics do so far though. I'm a little depressed but still have tickets to see it Saturday.

10. droxford

droxford Member

I've been excited about the possibility of another movie for years...

... and it's getting really, really bad reviews by both X-file fans and non-fans.

not good.

11. tomato

tomato Member

That film was basically just a bridge between two seasons of the show, the show went on for years after it and the story doesn't have an ending yet

12. bladeage

bladeage Contributing Member

I Want To Believe that this is going to be good, but we all know it will suck.