1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Movie] "The Fighter" Christian Bale is AMAZING

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Outlier, Sep 16, 2010.

1. Outlier

Outlier Member

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/1_zijS_UAtw?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/1_zijS_UAtw?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

I am starting to appreciate Bale's acting prowess.... He's so dedicated to his craft. Amazing. He's reaching Depp's acting versatility.

If you guys want to see Bale's range... check out Harsh Times or the Machinist. It's like two different actors.

2. VanityHalfBlack

3. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Bale completely transforms himself while Wahlberg plays the exact character he plays in every movie - it is perfect for this movie though.

4. professorjay

professorjay Contributing Member

<script type="text/javascript" src="http://videosift.com/widget.js?video=114899&width=540&comments=15&minimized=0"></script>

5. mylilpony

mylilpony Member

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/0IgL6oWI7LQ?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/0IgL6oWI7LQ?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

6. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Marky-Mark has now officially cornered the acting market on underdog movies.

7. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

hate those previews that chronicle every part of the movie. I feel like i've already seen it now.

8. SunsRocketsfan

thanks for the warning. I havent seen the trailer and now I wont. I hate those trailers too.

9. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Whenever Bale has to use his American accent he uses his accent from Newsies. I think it's hilarious.

10. Stack24

Stack24 Contributing Member

Definitely will watch it. I watched all the Mickey Ward vs Gotti fights and they were amazing. The punishment they dealt each other. Those were boxing matches.

11. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Watched The Fighter the other night and it is amazing how Christian Bale can transform himself.

Just think he has gone from this in American Psycho.
    [​IMG]

to looking like this in The Machinist
    [​IMG]

Then back to being buff in the Batman movies

and now Dicky Eklund in The Fighter.
    [​IMG]

I would be curious to see him take on a role where he plays an overweight guy.

12. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

Don't forget Rescue Dawn

[​IMG]

#12 GRENDEL, Mar 24, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2011
  13. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Bale certainly has serious dedication to his craft to hone his body so. I remember when Tom Hanks lost 50 lbs (or whatever) for Castaway and it was a big to-do.

14. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

I heard he won an Oscar.

15. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

lol...yeah, at least he acknowledged his tirade on the set of Term. Salvation in his acceptance speech...

I bought Rescue Dawn just haven't had a chance to see it yet...I've always liked his work...very versitile...and agreed, marky mark is the same character in every role...

The marky mark talks to animals was some funny sh$t

#15 rrj_gamz, Mar 24, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2011