1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Live Rockets Discussion
    We are ONE DAY AWAY from the NBA Draft and knowing what the Rockets will do with the #3 selection. We're talking Rockets and the NBA Draft LIVE at 8:00pm CT!

Talking Rockets - LIVE!
  3. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

[Movie] Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by rhino17, Jul 12, 2009.

1. rhino17

rhino17 Member

2. Dei

Dei Member

I heard Bonnie Wright's gonna be showing some skin.

3. mateo

mateo Contributing Member

The 5th book was possibly the most boring of the series, yet they managed to make the movie pretty entertaining. The last two books are great so I look forward to the next 3 movies.

4. TheBigAristotle

I look forward to some Emma Watson.

5. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

Going to the premier on Wednesday midnight... hopefully it's good.

6. JunkyardDwg

JunkyardDwg Contributing Member

The one thing that worries me is that it's been downgraded to PG, when the last two were PG-13. There are plenty of dark and mature themes in the last two books; I hope they don't cut them out or don't give them the seriousness they deserve. Surely the Deathly Hallows movies will be PG-13...shoot those could even be rated R (which obviously they won't)

There's a couple scenes in particular from HBP that I just can't see them filming if it's PG, and both scenes are pretty important to the story. It'd be a shame if they cut them out.

7. rhino17

rhino17 Member

that was my one concern as well, but hopefully, it will be fine.

8. eveluvsrox

eveluvsrox Contributing Member

It's a Harry Potter movie. Of course it's gonna be good. :p I hope.

9. Keyser Soze

Keyser Soze Member

midnight, I will be there!

10. TheBigAristotle

It's nice having read the books first and with a series like Harry Potter, you enjoy the movies for what they are - just movies. Not a strict page by page interpretation of a series :)

11. firecat

firecat Contributing Member

It's funny that I've read all of the books twice, but I've never seen the movies. I'll think that once they are all done, I'll check them out.

12. Cowboy_Bebop

Cowboy_Bebop Member

Had a chance to work on 2 Harry Potter movies in 3D. Too bad. They could've done the whole Half-Blood Prince in 3D this year but instead they cut it to just 10 mins. of 3D.

Never like Harry Potter. I think it's because of the totally bad acting by the main actors(Daniel Radcliffe) and the British accents. I have no problem watching the Monty Python with the accent but it just like watching some bad English dubbing on the kids.

13. Berkmaniac

Berkmaniac Member

I have been re-watching all the other movies over the past couple of weeks.

They just got better and better 1 through 5. Reviews have been stating that this is the best one yet.

I am very excited to see it.

14. Convictedstupid

The tickets sold out to the midnight showing in deerbrook.

Noooo.

15. mtbrays

mtbrays Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I will be there. Half-Blood Prince is my favorite book in the series and I can't wait to see the movie. The scene with Dumbledore, Harry, and the Inferi is one of the creepiest in the series and I hope it translates well into the book. I also loved all of the flashbacks into Riddle's life.

16. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

as soon as my son gets back from camp, we'll be there. so looking forward to that.

17. Nero

Nero Member

What?

Ummm... What?

Granted, Radcliffe will probably not have much of an acting career after this series is over, because he just isn't a very strong actor.. maybe after he gains some genuine life experience.. but the rest of your comment... umm, you do know that this is a series of British books about British things, referencing British schooling, coming-of-age, etc.. and that all of the primary actors have all been British... right?

18. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

I've been reading/listening to all the audiobooks so I'm stoked. I read when I can and listen when i can. I'm half way through "Half blood Prince". You guys have to read the books! I'm in my 20's and I didn't read when I was younger so I've been reading any book I can find. Twilights are next.

19. firecat

firecat Contributing Member

I love audiobooks! I take my Ipod everywhere and I'm always listening to some book. I also was never a reader when I was young and I'm still not, but this lets me experience so many books that I would miss out on because I would never take the time to read them.

20. Kojirou

Kojirou Member

Very very iffy about this, and I'll probably wait a bit. The trailers and reviews look good, but I thought the sixth one was just a terrible book and was by far the worst one in the series, and the PG rating is also a problem.