1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Most disappointing Texan player so far

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Nimo, Oct 16, 2012.

?

Most disappointing so far...

1. Ben Tate

10 vote(s)
    4.4%
  2. Connor Barwin

137 vote(s)
    60.1%
  3. Jonathan Joseph

43 vote(s)
    18.9%
  4. Andre Johnson

35 vote(s)
    15.4%
  5. Brooks Reed

2 vote(s)
    0.9%
  6. Glover Quinn

1 vote(s)
    0.4%
  1. Nimo

Nimo Member

Obviously the season is not even half-way over so there's more than enough time for the players to turn things around. But as of right now, who did you expect the most out of and are getting the least from. Who's been the most disappointing Texan so far this season?

Ben Tate
    Connor Barwin
    Johnathan Joseph
    Andre Johnson
    Brooks Reed
    Glover Quinn

2. BigBird

BigBird Member

3. Jaingfang

Jaingfang Member

It would have to be Barwin. Seems like he's a step to slow out there.

btw, I don't know why Glover is in this poll. He's been having a really really good year this season.

4. Nimo

Nimo Member

Not in coverage especially against tight ends. He has gotten better at stopping the run and in blitzing the QB.

5. 713

713 Member

Someone forgot to tell Barwin it's his contract year..

da fuq has he done?

6. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Member

I seriously don't want Barwin coming back. Get Winston back...

7. J.R.

J.R. Member

8. mvpcrossxover

mvpcrossxover Member

some of the o-line players :(

9. conquistador#11

Sacks don't tell the whole story. Barwin has been around the ball just as much, but he has missed out on at least five easy sacks. Maybe if he dropped the lbs he added ?
    anyways, from the poll..it has to be Barwin.

10. The Real Shady

The Texans brought this upon themselves for thinking that Newton could replace Winston. Looks like a pretty big misevaluation so far.

11. dmc89

dmc89 Member

J. Joseph. I dislike his half-assed injured but not really style. Either sit out to be 100% or when you're on the field, play like you did in 2011. Overall our secondary D doesn't look anywhere as formidable this year, even with KJ improving.

AJ is getting old, and his lack of presence on the field has been discussed nicely in the thread with that subject.

12. Pringles

Pringles Member

1. Barwin

2A. Johnathan Joseph
    2B. Andre Johnson

Though JJ has a sore groin. But regardless, he was getting destroyed by no name receivers for Jets and by Nelson - who hasn't been playing at the same level as he had a season earlier.

13. sammy

sammy Member

Barwin followed by Mccain.

14. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Member

Barwin.

Let's not do with him what we did with Mario all those years by talking about how close he's been, etc. You're supposed to pile up sacks playing that particular OLB position and he has none.

Not to toot my own horn here, but last year when everyone was saying we should go ahead and lock him up for the long-term, I was saying that - unlike Schaub and Brown, who both had multiple good years - we should wait and see how he does this year before talking about a new contract. Good thing the Texans did just that.

1 person likes this.
  15. rolyat93

rolyat93 Member

Wonder what market he'll have.

16. Precision340

Precision340 Member

yeah, i'm more inclined to vote for the o-line.. but connor needs to step up.. especially if teams are going to be doubling jj watt... i think connor will be beasting the next couple of games.. just a matter of time

17. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

For me its Foster. But... not exactly 100% his fault. Some of it has to do with the line, some of it with him being phased out of the passing game for whatever reason, but yeah. What we're getting out of him for whatever reason - not cutting it.

Y'all jump on Barwin yet if he had 3 sacks this year y'all wouldn't even notice him. A sack is just a number man. Barwin is fine.

18. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Barwin has been the worst, but for most disappointing, I would put Johnathan Joeseph. I expect a lot from him because he has shown he can be an elite corner. So when he gets beat by a friggin cornerback playing WR when everyone and their dog knows that guy was put in simply to go long, I get a little upset.

19. C-Mo

C-Mo Member

Barwin and Reed.

At least Reed has some sacks but he hasnt played nearly as well as he did last season. As for Barwin, he hasnt impacted any games all season. You barely hear his name called. The lack of production out of OLBs is the reason JJ has been getting torched. He wouldnt have to cover as long if the linebackers would get to the QB. Watt cant do it alone.

20. Nimo

Nimo Member

I thought about adding Foster because of lack of receiving yard and his YPA but he has the 2nd most yards in the league and the most rushing TDs in the league. Disappointing but can't be the most disappointing.