1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Most Comprehensive Jalen Sucks Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Landry's Tooth, May 11, 2023.

1. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Would not worry about it, the team as a whole has to grow, and Green with it.

There is still no team identity yet so I could not say if he is a final fit or not.

2. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Member

But that's the point. You are really bad at sifting through data and applying context.

BamBam likes this.
  3. saleem

saleem Member

Jalen 's passing skills have definitely improved. He needs to develop consistency. Tough love from Udoka might give him a good boost.

4. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Member

Yes someone who is 8th in NBA history in scoring average before turning 21 is going to be a third tier scorer.

Dude there is Ero perspective in your analysis. The fact that guys like Ant and Booker have identical first two years in production and efficiency while telling people he's going to be a third tier scorer shows how wacked out your perspective and contexualized understanding is.

don grahamleone likes this.
  5. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Member

Those are all literally pgs. You are basically doing "more apg = better".

Why is it concerning that he averages less assists than pgs?

#65 fchowd0311, May 11, 2023
    Last edited: May 11, 2023
    don grahamleone likes this.
  6. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Member

The calculation is more complicated when averaging two years? I honestly don't know what that means.

Dude this is a Wendys.

7. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Member

8. Nook

Nook Member

[​IMG]

OP went to the Dave Ramsey school of statistics.

topfive and fchowd0311 like this.
  9. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

OP delivered on the 2nd half of the thread title. Not so much on the 1st half.

fchowd0311 likes this.
  10. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Member

I think it's very clear with your lack of understanding on how to read numbers that you probably aren't a good arbiter on how much a player improved between their first and second year.

11. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

The whole premise of this sht analysis is jalen green sucks b/c he has less assists (he's not a pg), rebounds (he's a guard). blocks (he's a guard). and steals (debatable).

Instead of comparing green to his peers or folks who plays mainly shooting guard, the man decides to compare jalen to pgs and combos.

That's like comparing Jalen green to centers, and getting triggered to why the man dead last in rebounds, dunks and blocks.

Scoring can b summarized as okay or acceptable, if u factor in that he is a shooting guard with a sht offense/coach/pg, then u should b encouraged by that.

We also don't see any real analysis from year 1 to year 2, so how did he even get the rankings of stats?

All in all op could have just said Jalen green sucks b/c he's never winning it all, and that would have been the same level of analysis in fewer words.

fchowd0311 likes this.
  12. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Member
    Supporting Member

deserves its own thread

13. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Member

[​IMG]

I really don't care about rebound, blocks or steals. Most of those things are heavily dependent on coach scheming like of they wat the guards to run down the court or try to get boards.

So from here it's obvious that there are three players obviously better than Green in their first two years in LaMelo, Luka and Kyrie. All drafted in the top 3.

Ant is in the debatable range drafted number one overall. And the rest are obviously worse.

So what is the issue here. Did anyone here say that Green had a better first two years than Luka or something?

All this comparison tells me is that the Sixers really ****ed up big.

RichieBanks223 likes this.
  14. Landry's Tooth

You're entitled to your opinion but you don't explain it.

I give you more detailed information than ts% and you complain. You want to use one number that ignores most of his game?

What basis are you making your opinion?

No offense, but you come across as petty...

15. Landry's Tooth

I don't doubt that could be the case but these 11 othe rplayers weren't stepping onto the 90s Bulls...

How much more adversity is 2022 Jalen Green having over 2012 Bradley Beal?

16. Landry's Tooth

Why 21?

Why not 20?

Why not 22?

It's a ridiculous argument...

Raw points per game at an age that in the history of the nba most players were forced to play college.

17. Landry's Tooth

Because he's averaging less than almost everyone regardless of position. Luke isn't a "PG" so do you say the PGs are failing because they don't average like him?

I do love you ignoring the concept of positionless basketball though... great idea...

18. Landry's Tooth

When you download the data into excel it's more time consuming and tells you less, so i didn't do it, I broke down each component.

You're not acting in good faith with these comments.

You literally complaining I gave you too much.

19. Landry's Tooth

I would comment further but you made no rational argument why I'm wrong. All you did was whine.

When you don't have confidence in your own point you obfuscate so as to avoid having it picked apart.

20. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Member

One and done has been a thing for nearly two decades.

And no, your basic lack of understanding of math makes you think someone averaging a certain amount before reaching a certain age as arbitrary.

Why not 22? Because he isn't 22 yet... What type of question is that? I chose the age of 21 because that's how old Green is therefore comparing him to every player in league history up to his age point is reasonable with rational behind it and isn't arbitrary. .