1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Most Comprehensive Jalen Sucks Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Landry's Tooth, May 11, 2023.

1. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

True, he's DEFINITELY not a PG, I just wish he was a quality SG or SF....or anything.

Landry's Tooth likes this.
  2. Landry's Tooth

Never said he was by comparing him to a combo guard. Don't know how Murray has an advantage over Green in shooting, rebounding, or defense because he's more of a combo than pure 2. He doesn't even lead the team in assists...

So it's strange to bring up him being used as a point guard.

3. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

You dumbas$. For starters you cited “combo 2/3’s.” What the fuc$ is a combo 2/3? Dummy have you played ball in your life before? This is how I know you have never played ball making up shi+ Then you threw in pg’s in your premise then cited assists per 36 as one of your metrics. Then consistently only using per 36 as your metric to define your standard of what a good player is which isn’t to be used solely when doing quantitative analysis. What about per 100 possessions. How about how they score and where they score on the floor? But you don’t know or care for none of that do you? Then arbitrarily only counted players in the top ten draft picks. This is dumb as shi+. I got more for you don’t you worry. Dumba$$

4. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

I invite you to look at Murray’s rookie stats. You are talking about rookie year only right? If not then what the fuc$ are you talking about dumbas$ just like the lou Will comparison. What point in their careers are you talking about? You do realize players evolve? Players mature? And stop talking about defense like its the end all be all. Nash couldn’t defend for shi+ and won 2 MVP’s. Luka. Curry. Dirk. Lillard. Besides help defense is the key. Simply getting to the spot in position to help against a dribble drive into the paint etc. Kobe even had a lower DBPM than Green in his rookie year. But he say it with me…DEVELOPED. Yeah…dumbas$

5. Landry's Tooth

Consider the absence of your analysis I think we have to assume a lack of confidence in your own stated beliefs...

Hard to have something nitpicked apart if your fail to show your work.

Combo is when an independent source like basketball reference will list a player as a pg and sg then I state the same thing and people act like it's an error.

I think you have some serious anger issues and it is really silly to release it out here.

It would bother me but I think you have made it clear your opinion has no value.

6. Landry's Tooth

Here is a perfect example.

You don't even bother to read.

You are complaining about a post I was responding to.

I'm just going to block you now and move on. Please get a therapist. Message boards aren't good for you apparently.

7. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

I’m clearly speaking in a language that you can understand. You clearly have an accountability issue I see. You said “combo 2/3” do you know what a 3 is in basketball? Likely willful ignorance on your part. You know how dumb you are? When you’re criticizing a young man of this generation z for his nails. This is the same bullshi+ in the late 90s when people like you criticized Iverson for cornrows. These young men don’t need people like you judging and criticizing their personal choice in style and appearance especially when you’re probably doing worse things with your sorry life. This is how I know you’re full of shi+. Oh by the way you should look up research bias. Your whole premise is flawed. Dumb bi+ch

#247 Stephen_A, May 14, 2023
    Last edited: May 14, 2023
    DatRocketFan likes this.
  8. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

Yeah because your arguments are dumb and not rooted in facts.

DatRocketFan likes this.
  9. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

That’s why @Landry's Tooth is an idiot. Prob was shouting and protesting when Iverson had baggy jeans and cornrows.

fchowd0311 and DatRocketFan like this.
  10. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

If that’s how you feel then don’t watch the games at all. Why support something that you feel so strongly against? By the way that’s not how sports work. Most Players just don’t become amazing in their rookie years especially on bad teams according to the league’s history. If you think this is the case then you should probably stop watching sports and find a new hobby.

DatRocketFan likes this.
  11. fattz

fattz Member

Your suggestion speaks volumes about your values. Owners, GMs, Coaches & Players will come and go. How about changes to team? Silas & Wood are already gone. Maybe Green grows up OR is TRADED. I did stop spending my time and money on them. In the real world people have choices, ask Bud-light. But never will I give up my Rockets fandom. I say I will never go to another game, but old habits are hard to break. Go Rockets.

Thank you for the suggestion but that would be like divorcing your wife because you don’t like her hair cut.

12. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Can't debate with dummies who think all guards are the same.

Point guard and shooting guard are two different roles, not everybody can play it interchangeably like harden. There a reason why kpj blows at pg, he's actually a shooting guard role playing as a pg.

Why would u compare Green to the likes of ball, luka and irving?

It's as stupid as comparing green to the likes of jokic, giannis and any other big man and claims Jalen sucks bc he's dead last in rebounds/blocks.

U compare him to actual shooting guards or not at all.

If u compare Green to actual shooting guards at his age, he's doesn't suck. He could b better, but he absolutely doesn't suck.

#252 DatRocketFan, May 14, 2023
    Stephen_A and Dobbizzle like this.
  13. Rokman

Rokman Member

After reading the last few pages of this thread .. . .

[​IMG]

daywalker02 and Landry's Tooth like this.
  14. Landry's Tooth

Explain how Point Guards have an advantage in shooting, rebounding, steals, defense, etc.?

It's as if you are pretending only one stat matters, assists... the same stat Green is near the bottom of among shooting guards too.

Why do you embarrass yourself like this?

Do you have an original excuse for Green?

15. MorningZippo

MorningZippo Member

It's actually possible to know that without waiting 4 seasons. Heck, a lot of posters here knew on draft night.

Will things improve, or will Green supporters become better at projecting talent because of this? Probably not, but we can hope.

16. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

U are such a dumba$$.

Take out all the pgs in your comparison (there's 8 of them), sample size is way too small to make a proper conclusion. no sht jalen green is behind edwards. U gonna make a statement that jalen green sucks because he's behind the likes of Edwards in stats?

Point guards and shooting guards are two different position. The simple fact that u can't wrap your head around this, makes the whole premise of doing a comprehensive thread about green sucking is flawed.

Look up greatest shooting guard of all time.
    MJ, Kobe, AI, etc. etc etc.

Oh but where's CP3, stephen curry, magic johnson on that list they are guards also.

No sht they are on their own list of greatest pg of all time. SINCE PG AND SG ARE TWO DIFFERENT POSITON.

No normal folk would compares Lebron James to CP3, wade to curry, kobe to steve nash (unless it's mvp), etc.

U compare PGs to PGs and Shooting guard to shooting guard, it's not that complicated. Of course there's always exception to the rule like harden, but let's be real most folks still considers him a shooting guard when ranking him.

Imagine comparing green to two shooting guards (if u take out the 8 pgs in your list), and thinking it's a comprehensive analysis that proves your narrative that he sucks. The stupidity.

#256 DatRocketFan, May 14, 2023
    Stephen_A likes this.
  17. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Nonsense, you have to wait till Jalen Green is 37 in order to judge him.

That's what his cultists have demanded.

18. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Member

With the list you provided who the **** are you referring to that matches that that doesn't include Kyrie, Luka and LaMelo which everyone ackoledges did better their first two years.

Stephen_A likes this.
  19. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

Its s flawed premise from the start especially how he left out several players and selectively only chose “top ten” picks. There hasn’t only been 12 players in the league since 2011 aged 19 lol. The age he chose makes no sense to begin with as if there’s a large difference in 19 and 20 or 21 years old. And he counted Fultz who only played 14 games on 18 min a game so you know his per 36 is high. Per 36 isn’t even a reliable metric and not what someone should only look at when building a composite or full assessment of a player. But the idiot doesn’t understand none of this. I got much more to destroy his stupid as$ argument.

DatRocketFan likes this.
  20. Dobbizzle

Dobbizzle Member

Imagine building an entire thread on straw man arguments.