1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Most Comprehensive Jalen Sucks Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Landry's Tooth, May 11, 2023.

1. NewAge

NewAge Member

Jalen Green doesn't really suck. It sucks that we couldn't get a bona-fide That Guy at #2, and it also sucks that a guy with such God-given talent is such a gina...

DaDakota likes this.
  2. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Member

I really am not sure how people who watch Jalen Green play night in night out are so quick to give up on him.

He just needs to work on the consistency of his jumper.

Kid can easily be worth a max extension if he keeps up his level of improvement that he took from his rookie year to the last 20 games of the previous season.

Kid is 21 lol....

Stephen_A and CVcrew like this.
  3. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I don't think it's only the fans.

The owner himself is very impatient, he likely won't admit it but by expediting Phase 2, he most likely would put more pressure on the 21 year olds.

This is just speeding up Natural selection.

I have said it times again, Fertitta is the end of a time.

4. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Member

Couldn't disagree more.

You think the owner is impatient?

You do realize he ordered the complete rebuild and tank of this team over multiple years........

He probably has been TOO patient.

5. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Disagreement is not necessarily bad either.

If he is indeed finishing up this cycle in full completion, that would be a first one.

I am not saying he has not spent at all, it is just his spending cycles have not been consistent to this day, and the team has won nothing.

He has said yes to Silas, said yes to the Westbrook trade, and now said yes to winning a championship in the years that he will be active.

To this day I still do not know how he wants to achieve anything with him changing his ways.

Avoiding the tax the last years, now wanting to splash the cap space when the free agent market is not really good.

I rather not call him incompetent so I used the word Impatient. You might be right that it is subjective but at least it is a polite word.

#225 daywalker02, May 13, 2023
    Last edited: May 13, 2023
  6. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Member

Agreed on the disagreement. We aren't always right and I may not be right in theory either because the examples you used are sound.

Hopefully just over time he grows from impulsive thinking. Sometimes impulsiveness pays off, which I think the tank was the right move as it has gotten us in an interesting position depending on how you look at it.

7. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Actually Harden forced his hand in the rebuild, it was not an arbitrary decision.

8. Caesar

Caesar Member

I disagree. Disguise is the limit. Jalen is a blessing in the skies.

studogg likes this.
  9. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Member

The only Ginas are the dudes who worry about other dudes' fashion sense.

Stephen_A likes this.
  10. Risingred

Risingred Member

Jalen does not suck. For comparison, Jalen is like a poor man Zach LaVine in his 2nd year, stats are similar in per 36 with lower efficiency.

11. Landry's Tooth

I was referring less about similarities as a player, more about level or status around the league... fringe allstar level...

12. Landry's Tooth

They are all guards. Your focus on assists while pretending pgs have an advantage at shooting, rebounding, and defense is silly.

Come up with a better excuse.

I noticed you failed to mention he's basically dead last in most categories among the shooting guards.

Since that is your concern...

Btw, your stubbornness for how basketball was played decades ago while ignoring positionless basketball speaks volumes.

For example you call Luka a PG but someone else said it was absurd because he's a forward.

I'm finding your excuses amusing though...

Next is when you filter Green's performance to specific months and single categories of play...

13. Landry's Tooth

Lavine wasn't same age... hence he wasn't included.

14. Landry's Tooth

So were all the kids on the list who had done better.

15. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Factually, yes he does though.

He's an abomination defensively and he's highly inefficient offensively.

Offense is the best thing he does, but he's not good on ball and he's worse off ball.

That's not to say he can't improve, but as of now, he's really awful and only valuable for tanking

16. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Member

My dude. Someone averaging 8 ppg on 43% true shooting isn't doing better than Jalen Green because he averages .7 more apg over his first two seasons.

Same can be said for most players on your stupid list. The only players that are inarguably better than Green on this list in their first two years are Luka, LaMelo and Kyrie.

Ant is debatable.

And that's it. Everyone of those other dudes did noticably worse.

Rocketeer likes this.
  17. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Member

Luka is a pg. Stop it. He plays pg. He dominates the ball from the pg position.

18. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Vastly different guys, hard to compare.

You could say Jamal was the 7th pick once and 1) underwhelmed 2) did alright.

Fact is he stagnated in his growth for 2-3 years prior to the Bubble and lost 1 year due to a big injury.

If Jalen were to have 3 years of stagnation, you bet half of Clutchfans would call for his head.

19. Landry's Tooth

I think going in if you said he would be Jamal Murray level player there's no chance they take him 2.

I think at this point you still gamble and hope he's something more but if he doesn't respond to Ime's coaching then we may adjust expectations after this year.

20. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Lol Jamal Murray is pretty good, IMO he is getting better at age 26...... very different.

Late bloomer despite the injuries, despite what he went through.

Nobody has hindsight when drafting their pick so nope all this talk is more or less just talk.

Nobody would care if he scored just 18 ppg but solved the PG problem. Green is not a PG!