1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Most Comprehensive Jalen Sucks Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Landry's Tooth, May 11, 2023.

1. Landry's Tooth

You comment makes no sense. I only compared him to guards.

Do you understand removing point guards ahead of him in assists don't remove the 2 guards ahead of him too.

It's a completely irrational claim that removing people from the top of a list will increase the data of someone on the bottom of the list making you pass the other 2 guards and combo guards.

It'sjust more illogical excuses a fanboy would give.

So go ahead and do as you say. Pull out the point guards. Then you tell me where he ranks in one of the 8-10 figures I gave you as if it's all that matters.

You can like a player without saying dumb things to support them.

2. Landry's Tooth

You comment makes no sense. I only compared him to guards.

Do you understand removing point guards ahead of him in assists don't remove the 2 guards ahead of him too.

It's a completely irrational claim that removing people from the top of a list will increase the data of someone on the bottom of the list making you pass the other 2 guards and combo guards.

It'sjust more illogical excuses a fanboy would give.

So go ahead and do as you say. Pull put the point guards. Then you tell me where he ranks in one of the 8-10 figures I gave you as if it's all that matters.

You can like a player without saying dumb things to support them.

3. fattz

fattz Member

You are very much right it is judgmental. I spent my money to take my family to the games till I couldn’t stand the non caring anymore. The lack of pride and overwhelming feeling of being ripped off —> stolen from. Entertainer that don’t entertain are nothing more than thieves. So yes I am judging

Landry's Tooth likes this.
  4. Swapshop

Swapshop Member

Im just teasing you a little. None if it really matters. We will see in a year or two what he is about. Lets see how next year plays out. I don't see him being THE GUY. I do see him as an all star player just not an all star starter.

5. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I still think it's hilarious that a Jalen Green simp tried to say someone who was first team all defense at the time was terrible defensively in an effort to make it seem like Jalen Green being pathetic defensively isn't a problem.

His cult is nearly as bad as the cult of Sengun.

6. Landry's Tooth

Fair enough, I wasn't explicit...

I could see him at max level be a Jamal Murray level player but I'm not sold on him being the guy on a championship team...

My concerns will grow exponentially if we're not seeing progress under Ime...

7. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Jamal Murray to me is not an elite scorer.

Talented but not a Jalen. He is more all round.

He is a bulky guard.

8. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

9. OremLK

OremLK Member

Jamal Murray, Dejounte Murray, Bradley Beal on the low end, Devin Booker, De'Aaron Fox on the high end--somewhere in this vicinity would be a reasonable expectation for Green once he reaches his prime years. There is an outside chance he is worse than this and an outside chance he is better, but I think falling into this range would be a fair prediction.

For me that level of player can be the second fiddle on a championship team and that's fine. He's still a guy you're happy to have around, especially on his rookie contract or his first (<6 years in the league) max deal. But that outcome being likely is one of the reasons I want to still take upside swings in the draft rather than playing it safe and taking high-floor guys.

For me, you don't give up a young cost-controlled guy who projects as a second-tier star unless you're getting a first-tier star back. (And even then, only if you think you're ready to contend very soon).

harold bingo likes this.
  10. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Jamal and Dejounte are really just point guards.

We have to gradually stop seeing Green and KPJ both as point guards.

11. OremLK

OremLK Member

Yes, you are right, but I was more talking about level of production, not trying to say they're the same kind of players.

12. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

The level of production is that Green will be some kind of Kobe light meets Lou Williams.

Ideally a goon guy when you need points. I do not see him as a bulky guard down the line, he could get to 205 lbs.

Instant Offense guy with a knack going to the line hopefully.

His Half Court Offense is not what he is about.

13. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

The premise is already flawed when u started comparing green to pgs. Green doesn't play that fking position. If he could we wouldn't force kpj to play it.

Lamelo Ball = pg
    RJ Barrett = shooting guard/forward
    Bradley Beal = sg
    Luka Doncic = pg/sg
    Anthony Edwards = shooting guard
    Markell Fultz = pg
    Kyrie Irving = pg
    Enmanuel Mudiay = pg
    Jamal Murray = pg/sg
    Deanglo Russell = pg
    Coby White = pg

8 out of 10 folks u compared him to are pgs.

If i pull out the pg or folks who can play pg, the sample size u are comparing green is way too small to even make any reasonable conclusion.

Get it through your thick skull point guards and shooting guards are two different position.

Calling this a comprehensive thread and u can't even bother to compare Green to folks in the right position.

peleincubus likes this.
  14. OremLK

OremLK Member

Depends on what else is around them I guess. Denver is a top championship contender this year and Murray is their second best player, as well as the only other guy on their team besides Jokic you could reasonably call a star. But then, Jokic is an MVP-caliber player and they do have a lot of roleplayer depth.

15. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Keep in mind that Murray has lost 1 year due to ACL injury and he played a shortened Bubble season so he is likely going into his prime later at 28 years forward.

Murray stagnated 3 years with just 16-18 ppg. I do not see him as a super athletic player.

Late blooming.

Totally no idea how Green will fare with injuries.

#215 daywalker02, May 12, 2023
    Last edited: May 12, 2023
  16. Yetti

Yetti Member

Considering he is a 20 year old, He is the best player on the Rockets Team. Y

peleincubus likes this.
  17. BallSoHarden

BallSoHarden Member

It is obvious he is not a guy we waste a max slot on, I also do not think we will get equal value in a trade, I don't even think we can get a chance at a top 2 pick if we threw in other assets into a deal with Green. Hopefully he will be realistic and understand he is not going to get a max extension, he just is not that guy.

NewAge likes this.
  18. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Member

Who is it obvious to? We are multiple years Way from that anyways. What an absurdly premature statement.

Stephen_A likes this.
  19. OremLK

OremLK Member

Not even time to talk about extensions yet. Let's see how he plays this upcoming season.

NewAge likes this.
  20. BallSoHarden

BallSoHarden Member

LOL.