1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Moochie's Salary vs. Avg Second String PG Salary

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by darin1998, Nov 24, 2002.

1. darin1998

darin1998 Member

Can anyone tell me Moochie's salary vs. the average second string PG salary. I already know he's way over paid, but I just want to see it for myself.

Not that I want to point any blame but I think Rudy and CD are responsible for many salary cap constraints we have and this is a prime example.

I still support Moochie since he's on the team and an obvious favorite of Rudy's but his lack of FOCUS is killing me. Actually, the Rockets' lack of team FOCUS for 48 minutes kills me and that includes Rudy and staff.

-darin

p.s. The offense should be ran through Ming or another big man, period!

2. Old Man Rock

Old Man Rock Contributing Member

Moochie averages more money than anyone who has played as badly as he has today and the last few games...

What difference does it make he still sucks and he needs to get a quick grasp of what it is to play in the NBA or he needs to not play and I don't care how much he makes... Right now he hurts more than he helps and we are not the smartest team and make too many mistakes as it is... We cannot afford his stupid play anymore and it is time for Tito real soon

3. darin1998

darin1998 Member

His salary does matter a lot in the grand scheme of things; miving him or staying with him will both consider his cost to the team.

4. JLB

JLB Member

All I want to know, is it a guaranteed contract??? Stupid NBA contracts:mad:

5. codell

codell Contributing Member

Hope this helps:
    (N/A means team has no true backup point guard)

[​IMG]

6. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Let's see:

Van Exel is starter caliber.

Kenny Anderson was a starter and got his contract when he was a starter.

Eisely is the first guy listed who is not noticeably better than Moochie.

Actually, looking at the list he doesn't seem all that overpaid. Though I think the Rockets could take most of those minimum guys and get the same production.

7. HoRockets

HoRockets Member

You just contradicted yourself. If a minimum player can output same as Mooch for less pay, then Mooch IS overpaid.

8. Toast

Toast Member

McGinnis is a steal at 3.

9. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Ho, I meant he's not overpaid in relation to the rest of the league's backup PGs in terms of money.

As a matter of skills and production, yes he IS overpaid, I agree!

#9 Mr. Clutch, Nov 25, 2002
    Last edited: Nov 25, 2002
  10. barbourdg

barbourdg Contributing Member

Hell, Avery Johnson would be a MAJOR upgrade to Moochie!

11. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Keep in mind that what codell has posted for us (thanks a million codell) are average salaries. This season, Moochie is making about $3.3 million. I'm not doing the math for everybody though. I don't think he's overpaid at all; he's just slumping nowadays.

12. Harland

Harland Member

I'm sorry, but the beginning of that post brought out a good laugh....

Ho,
    Don't attack me, I'm right!

Dammit, Ho. Damn Ho.

13. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Bobby Jackson is a bigger steal at 2.7!

14. aries323

aries323 Member

Moochie is OVERPAID.... I would much rather have some of those guys making the minimum before him. Travis Best is way better than Moochie.:rolleyes:

15. NYKRule

NYKRule Member

McInnis McInnis McInnis McInnis McInnis

16. codell

codell Contributing Member

Oops. I should have clarified that. The figure in the right hand column is the total value of the contract divided by # of years.

17. Toast

Toast Member

I was curious to know how these numbers looked when compared to minutes played as well. Anyone have enough freetime to compare avg. second string PG salary with minutes played per game? Or maybe total minutes would be a better judge, since the number of games the PG plays in also deserves some merit. How about avg 2nd string PG salary vs. total minutes played? That would definitely be interesting ... to me at least. See if they're actually out there earning their keep!