1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. HOUSTON ROCKETS STREAM
    We're watching the Ime Udoka and Rafael Stone press conference now, reacting to their comments

Ime Udoka and Rafael Stone Press Conference
    Dismiss Notice

[Money Back] Paribus - Monitors Online Purchases For Price Changes & Gets You a Refund

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Xerobull, Jun 10, 2016.

1. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Just stumbled across this. Freaking ingenious idea.

Paribus

<iframe src="http://www.nbcnews.com/widget/video-embed/635333187999" width="560" height="315" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

This program monitors your online purchases via your email account. When the vendor (Like Amazon) drops the price of something you've bought, it automatically submits a price match refund request. If that request is granted, Paribus sends you 75% of the refund and they get paid 25%.

Supported Merchants:

[​IMG]

I'm floored by this- I buy TONS online but don't personally monitor this stuff and am pumped at the prospect of getting anything at all.

This link gets you an additional 5% off when you sign up (referral link)

Paribus

2. redefined

redefined Contributing Member

I've had a terrible experience with paribus. They check your personal emails for purchases and then send a message to the vendor on your behalf using your own email and name asking for a price match. They don't even check the final price you paid after discounts previously applied. For example I bought 4 chairs from target on sale and used a 20% coupon. Paribus thought I paid full price for these and asked to refund the difference once they saw the price dropped online. Target emailed me back notifying me that I actually paid less even with the new sales price (making me look very dumb in the process because paribus doesn't even tell the vendor it's an automated message from them). Paribus wasnt smart enough to figure this out and still thought it saved me money. They charged my card for their share of the 25% savings. It was seriously a painful chain of back and forth emails to get this resolved.

It's a good idea in theory but poorly implemented. It's honestly more of a hassle to deal with this company. The guy who referred me also cancelled his service with them. You're better off doing this yourself.

1 person likes this.
  3. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Thanks for your honest review. I'm still going to give it a shot and see what I can get out of it. Not really concerned about looking 'dumb' if it saves me money.

I will keep a running log and update this thread if I see results!