1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Monday Morning, and I am still hurting...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RCPM, May 5, 2014.

Tags:
  1. RCPM

RCPM Member

It is hard being a Houston anything fan...

2. bmd

bmd Member

Take solice in the fact that this team wasn't expected to do anything more than a second-round exit. This was an incomplete team, and we all knew it.

The thing that sucks most is we have to wait a while before any roster moves can be made. I'm pumped for this off-season.

3. got em COACH

got em COACH Contributing Member

liliard went thru a full catch n shoot motion and the clock never MOVED! Talk about home court advantage

[​IMG]

4. aurocketfan

aurocketfan Member

What hurts even more is Mcfail stays.

5. calcium

calcium Member

It was a pretty improbable play.

If this and if that.

If TJones had been standing closer to Batum making him lob it instead,
    the ball trajectory would have taken 0.5 seconds more to reach Lillard.

If Parsons hadnt made that layup, we'd have gone into OT.

I think 99 times out of 100, the Rockets would have won from that situation.

It was a pretty improbable play.

6. bmd

bmd Member

That's because his release was so quick. Yes, the clock should have started earlier... but even if it did he still would have gotten the shot off in time.

7. rocketman84

rocketman84 Member

WELL, I'm about to go to work.... I live in Portland so it's about to hurt a lot more.

8. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

If you separate work and pleasure, I don't see how it would hurt? You didn't let it be known that you were a Rox fan at work or in the community now did you?

9. photojoe

photojoe Member

99 times out of 100 the Rockets would have won in OT? What about the 2 out of 3 times they lost in OT during this series?

I know, this sucks. I have never had a playoff series that has left me with more thoughts of "What If....?"
    What if in Game 1 the foul was correctly called on Freeland instead of Dwight?
    What if in Game 4 the ball wasn't called out of bounds on Dwight but on LMA? What if Jeremy Lin had just called a timeout instead?
    What if Patrick Beverley had stayed on Lillard? What if Jones was guarding the 3 point line instead of the post?

There's really not much to say. I hope this series lost will motivate our players to train even harder in the offseason.

Now and forever- #rednation

10. calcium

calcium Member

My bad.

99 times out of a 100 the Rockets would have won in that 0.9 seconds
    left situation.

11. rocketsmetalspd

No way he gets it off in time either way. He needed to facing forward from the start not catching turning and shooting. This will play along with the apologies by the league on two other calls in two other games cost the team the series. Oh well there is always next year and this team will be ready to fully contend for a Championship Believe It!!

12. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

I stopped Hurting Saturday night. Even watched some playoff B-Ball on Sunday

13. Brando2101

Brando2101 Contributing Member

Feel the same way. Worst is that we won't feel better until we get into the 2nd round which would literally be a year away.

14. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

With Mchale coaching I wouldn't bet on that...

15. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Nah, let it go - this was a growing year anyway, the team was much better in the 2nd half than the first - let's get a summer of chemistry maybe a trade or two and get back at it in October.

DD

1 person likes this.
  16. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

Yeah, but they didn't get to the second round. I can live with losing as long as I see this team progressing toward a championship. I didn't see that this season. They lost in 6 games in the first round for the 2nd straight year despite a much more favorable playoff scenario.

17. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

damn. salute brother, salute

18. bmd

bmd Member

He didn't catch and turn. No shooter does that.

Like 100% of shooters do, he was turning and loading up for the shot before he caught the ball.

So by the time the ball hit his hands, he was facing forward.

And not only will logic tell you he would have gotten the shot off either way, I actually timed it.

It took him about 0.53 seconds to get that shot off...

I wish he didn't get it off so that I could b**** and complain and feel like the Rockets were cheated... but that just didn't happen. Lillard legitimately hit that 3.

19. bmd

bmd Member

I know they didn't get to the second round. But the West was incredibly tight this year. Every single team in the playoffs in the West were competing hard with whoever they were playing. The bottom half of the playoff teams improved a lot over last year.

And the Rockets and Blazers were VERY evenly matched this series. This series was highly competitive.

Last year the series with the Thunder really wasn't competitive. The Thunder went up 3-0 before the Rockets won 2 straight... and that's only because Westbrook got hurt.

If Westbrook wouldn't have gotten injured, the Rockets would have most likely been swept.

So there was a big improvement this year over last year. Yes, the Rockets lost in the first round 4-2 both years, but the circumstances were completely different.

20. underrated015

underrated015 Member

It won't hurt if u don't have expectations. Until we get a new coach that preaches defense, we are not getting out of the west. Doesn't matter if u get another star.