1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Moderator-imposed Ignore ?

Discussion in 'ClutchFans Feedback' started by durvasa, Jul 8, 2022.

1. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

I don't find it useful for posters you don't like or don't agree with. Fighting with people can be entertaining. More useful for filtering people who waste your time.

2. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Entertaining to whom tho? Rarely to other posters. I mean... if you want to see people fighting, you can just watch ESPN or something.

(Not that I'm trying to pick a fight with you! D'oh!)

3. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The word is infamous. :D

I know. I'm both.:cool:

4. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

There's really only one person to please.

5. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

Whatever, around here for some reason people like to talk about me. It’s like they know me or something. ;)

Plowman likes this.
  6. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I've suggested a "forum specific" ignore feature for contributing members in the past. That way, if a member constantly starts nonsensical, absurdly ridiculous threads, at the same time tagging "fanboys" who encourage him in his juvenile behavior, a member who doesn't want to watch the constant train wreck, but sometimes likes his posts in other forums, can put him on ignore for that one forum. Not all of them.

I don't know if @Clutch has the ability to do that or not. Probably depends on the software the BBS uses. That way, a moderator doesn't have to be involved. The member can access the feature if he or she sees it as a real problem.

7. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I always thought it would be cool to be able to have a "Ghost Ignore" feature where the moderators or admins could put someone on ignore, they could still post and see everyone's posts, but when they post, no one else can see them.

So they could be arguing and no one would ever see their post to clap back, they eventually would probably leave, or wonder why no one is acknowledging them.

DD

Rashmon, Jontro and Yung-T like this.
  8. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Jontro and Deckard like this.
  9. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Impose a soft fap.

Jontro likes this.
  10. Squirtle

Squirtle Member

Yep lol.

11. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

12. Marshall Bryant

Supporting Member

When the Mods do it, it's censorship. When you do it it is a choice. How you use it is also a choice. You can put a member on ignore permanently or just temporarily while you settle down and are ready to listen to other perspectives.

Mods can still ban someone who grossly violates the terms of membership, though most times a friendly reminder or reason for a ban and whether it is temporary or permanent would be thoughtful.

tinman likes this.
  13. Marshall Bryant

Supporting Member

It's not needed unless you want to build an echo chamber that only acknowledges UNITHOUGHT.