1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Mobile] Apple iPhone 6

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Sajan, Jan 24, 2014.

1. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Got the 6+ at the apple store. $1K for a phone. I am blessed.

2. moose

moose Member

Called T-Mobile around 6 a.m. and easily got through with ordering 2 of the pluses.

3. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Member

The answer is yes. Got an email from Apple saying that I could go through with my order and I did and delivery date is still set at 9/19.

4. benchmoochie

benchmoochie Member

6+ is same size as a checkbook. it's really not that big. the only question is do you wanna mess with that everyday

5. Junkyard_Dog

Junkyard_Dog Member

Pre-ordered a 6+ through ATT last night. Was able to actually start my order 10 minutes earlier then the 2am central time they gave.

Also if anyone experienced the problem that I did of them removing your grandfathered Unlimited plan if you go to the ATT forums you can send a private message to one of the ATT employees to make sure they correct it to keep your unlimited data plan.

I told them I would happily cancel my service if my unlimited plan was removed. That's really the only reason I've stuck with AT&T

6. Icehouse

Icehouse Member

Me too. FWIW, my order notes that the data is still unlimited under my plan (says Data Unlimited for iPhone on 4G LTE). When I upgraded my wife to the 5 they made a mistake and cancelled it. A phone call was all it took to get it corrected. I spoke with an AT&T rep yesterday and she told me when you call in to activate your phone remind them not to change anything on your grandfathered plan.

I'm still trying to figure out why the AT&T site took orders early. Is that typical or was it a glitch?

7. HR Dept

HR Dept Member

Really aggravated with Verizon at the moment. They changed the upgrade time from 20 to 24 months and pushed mine back to Jan. A coworker told me about their Edge program, so I've been trying to see about switching to that with no luck. It's not even an option for me online. Held for 30 minutes on the phone with no answer and they're not even giving me an option to online chat. Just says that all agents are busy and to check back later.

Anyone have any experience dealing with Verizon customer service, will I be able to pout and threaten enough to get my way? I'm tempted to switch to Sprint and take them up on their offer to pay my early termination fee. It would be a no brainer for me to do that if it wasn't for Verizon's quality of coverage.

8. Junkyard_Dog

Junkyard_Dog Member

I'm guessing someone's finger slipped and hit the activate button a little early, haha. Worked out for me since I didn't have to stay up past 2 trying to get my order.

9. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Member

Is their Edge program similar to ATT's Next? If so, you might want to do some homework. I switched from a regular family plan to the Next shared plan and while it saved me money for the first few months I found out I'm getting hosed royally if/when I upgrade any phone on my plan.

It wouldn't hurt for you to give them the ultimatum. It's worked for me with TMobile and ATT.

10. kevC

kevC Member

I ordered a 6+ 128gb and I am just now coming to grasp how much freaking space that is. I don't have a bunch of video to carry so I'm basically throwing away money. I'm just going to download a ton of graphically intensive games.

11. doboyz

doboyz Member

I also got the 6+ 128GB. I travel quite a bit so i just convert my blue ray rips to my phone so the space is much needed. Plus all the apps that can store stuff take up alot of space. I always believe that you can never have too much space, especially for a device thats going to last you 2+ years.

12. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Member

Man the sky's the limit my friend!

that's like about 25 seasons worth of tv right there :grin:

13. johnnytsunami

johnnytsunami Member

Could you elaborate on what you said/did? Was it basically telling them you'd switch to TMobile if they increased your monthly bill?

I'm in the same situation, so I decided to go with the OPO, but I'm worried about what to do when the rest of the fam wants to upgrade their phones.

14. Icehouse

Icehouse Member

I'm with ya. It will be fun trying to fill it up though!

15. geeimsobored

geeimsobored Member

Check Sprint's coverage in your area. Check TMobile's while you are at it. Both offer the same ETF offer. My personal experience is that Sprint has by far the worst network in the US in terms of LTE coverage. Even their 3g evdo is awful compared to Verizon.

TMobile has the smallest network but if you're in an LTE area, its pretty freaking good. You also get nice perks like wifi calling, unlimited international data and texting, etc.. And its all contract free.

The other thing I hate about Sprint is that their locks on their phones are ridiculous. It makes it impossible to switch carriers because they put their phones on total lockdown. I hate companies that do things like that.

16. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Member

If you're talking about calling them and threatening them with switch to get what you need then yea it works most of the time. I don't do it on a regular basis mind you but when I felt like that was the last resort it usually works in my favor. Back when the # of minutes you get with a plan mattered and text messaging costs were ridiculous I got Tmobile to give me more minutes, unlimited weekends, and more texts at the same cost because I told them I wanted to switch over to ATT. With ATT, I was able to get credit back on my account because of their own billing error (you'd think they do this for free but it took talking to 2-3 reps to get it done) and was able to get them to waive activation fees at the same time.

Of course this is all very YMMV kind of situation but if you get the right rep on the phone they will more than happily work with you in getting what you want within reason (this is speaking of ATT of course).

17. BiGGieStuFF

BiGGieStuFF Member

Man you still have to convert to play on iOS? I figured by now they'd be able to play more media file types. Or did you mean transfer when you said convert?

18. moose

moose Member

Bank of America just **** blocked my order for fraudulent activity. great.

19. theogcasey

theogcasey Member

It also helps to be incredibly nice and understanding (almost to the point where it's too much), but firm about what you want.

20. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Member

I don't think you have to convert anymore as there are media apps that you can download that will play the .avi and .mkv. and .mp4 files. There are a couple I use with my ipad mini that works very well. Maybe he/she is saying that they need to compress the data after ripping?